Favorite live album/DVD (since their "comeback" in the early 2000s)

Ardent15

Favorite live album/DVD (since their early 2000s "comeback")  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite of Rush's live albums/DVDs since their "comeback" in the early 2000s?

• Rush in Rio
    • R30
    • Snakes and Arrows: Live
    • Time Machine: Live in Cleveland
    • Clockwork Angels Tour

...have to admit Ged is struggling and I don't remember it being like that live...

You are not the first one to say that here, and I believe that it is different when you are actually sitting in the audience as opposed to watching a video of the concert.

...have to admit Ged is struggling and I don't remember it being like that live...

You are not the first one to say that here, and I believe that it is different when you are actually sitting in the audience as opposed to watching a video of the concert.

It definitely is, especially if you're close up. It's easy to get caught up in the excitement.

RiR is my favorite for the setlist and the energy.

S&A and R30 are the best quality, but they are hampered by S&A songs and Feedback songs, respectively. Time Machine could have been up there if Geddy didn't sound so incredibly horrible.

I'm watching this boot video of the 2007 tour (Hollywood Bowl, California):

It's pretty cool for a few reasons: for one thing, the camera is just locked in place, no zooms, no shakiness. There are a few places where the view is blocked by people walking around, but that's true to the experience anyway. Although there are no real close-ups (except what you can partially see on the screens), you can watch whomever you want pretty much whenever you want (sometimes Lee can't be seen). Second, the sound on this thing is great. Lee's bass in Digital Man is very clear, for example. Third, I think Lee's singing sounds pretty good. Maybe the California air was good for him. Check it out.

• Like 1

I'm watching this boot video of the 2007 tour (Hollywood Bowl, California):

It's pretty cool for a few reasons: for one thing, the camera is just locked in place, no zooms, no shakiness. There are a few places where the view is blocked by people walking around, but that's true to the experience anyway. Although there are no real close-ups (except what you can partially see on the screens), you can watch whomever you want pretty much whenever you want (sometimes Lee can't be seen). Second, the sound on this thing is great. Lee's bass in Digital Man is very clear, for example. Third, I think Lee's singing sounds pretty good. Maybe the California air was good for him. Check it out.

I thought he sounded pretty good still on the S&A's tour. That's a cool video. Too bad it's not a little more in focus.

• Like 1

I am kind of partial to time machine. Seeing moving pictures in its entirety was nice though I saw that tour and maybe thats nostalgia kicking in. Rio is pretty good as far as Song choices performance good too. Edited by Body Electric
  • Like 1