Favorite live album/DVD (since their "comeback" in the early 2000s)

Ardent15

Favorite live album/DVD (since their early 2000s "comeback")  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite of Rush's live albums/DVDs since their "comeback" in the early 2000s?

• Rush in Rio
    • R30
    • Snakes and Arrows: Live
    • Time Machine: Live in Cleveland
    • Clockwork Angels Tour

Rush In Rio. The buildup to the show combined with the energy makes this an instant classic.

I'm with you. I love Rush In Rio for many reasons. Not the least of which it was their comeback, and there is a real affinity and camaraderie among them, especially between Neil and Alex, on Rio.

The Rio DVD would be great if the picture wasn't cropped off and and better quality. The best thing about it is the energetic audience.

love the energy......but you talk bad editing..........holy shit, lol i excuse it for the energy though.

Mick

Oh really? I haven't watched it in a long time so the main things I remembered were the grainy picture and square format.

the quick cuts Eagle.....OH THE QUICK CUTS!!!!!!!!!! but as i say........the audence makes up for it.

Mick

:LOL:

• Like 1

Rush In Rio. The buildup to the show combined with the energy makes this an instant classic.

I'm with you. I love Rush In Rio for many reasons. Not the least of which it was their comeback, and there is a real affinity and camaraderie among them, especially between Neil and Alex, on Rio.

The Rio DVD would be great if the picture wasn't cropped off and and better quality. The best thing about it is the energetic audience.

I don't even notice those things probably because I am ignorant of video technology. I love Rio for the energy they had. Geddy sounded great. They all looked good. Rio was the last time for that. In my opinion.

I don't even notice those things probably because I am ignorant of video technology. I love Rio for the energy they had. Geddy sounded great. They all looked good. Rio was the last time for that. In my opinion.

I'm not sure what kind of TV you watch it on, but it's really obvious if you watch it on an HDTV. I don't mind Rio, I think it's a good DVD. I just don't think it compares very favorably to R30 or Snakes.

I'm not sure what kind of TV you watch it on, but it's really obvious if you watch it on an HDTV. I don't mind Rio, I think it's a good DVD. I just don't think it compares very favorably to R30 or Snakes.

I watch it on the computer. We don't own a television. Believe it or not. :LOL:

Is your computer monitor a widescreen?

It's a 17" LCD Flat Screen.

Do you think this is the reason why I don't notice what the rest of you notice in these dvds? The fact that I don't watch them on a television but on the computer?

Edited by Lorraine

Do you think this is the reason why I don't notice what the rest of you notice in these dvds? The fact that I don't watch them on a television but on the computer?

Fancy, fancy aye?... :)

Fancy, fancy aye?... :)

Is it? I would have no idea. It was sent to us from a friend of mine.

Very possible.

I vote Rush in Rio. Great energy going back and forth between the band and the crowd.

From an audio/visual standpoint, I'd say Snakes.

By Request.

Vocals

Rio-I have no problems here. This May be the last DVD he was in near perfect form. His vocal swan song to me.

R30- Still very Good. Nothing i can complain about. Every word is still clear as a bell. The Oh yea in TSOR is a little giggle inducing though, lol

Snakes- Good. He's starting to slide if you really pay Attention. Strains on a few notes. Still no garbled words yet though.

TM- SIGH........the turn. I know he was sick but damn. He seemingly forgot how to form words. And the yodeling has begun. Barely hitting notes too. Time Stands Still made me cry.

CA tour- The yodeling has become more pronounced. and if i didn't know lyrics. I'd be lost, lol. I'd be embarrassed to watch this around friends.

Mick

By Request.

Vocals

Rio-I have no problems here. This May be the last DVD he was in near perfect form. His vocal swan song to me.

R30- Still very Good. Nothing i can complain about. Every word is still clear as a bell. The Oh yea in TSOR is a little giggle inducing though, lol

Snakes- Good. He's starting to slide if you really pay Attention. Strains on a few notes. Still no garbled words yet though.

TM- SIGH........the turn. I know he was sick but damn. He seemingly forgot how to form words. And the yodeling has begun. Barely hitting notes too. Time Stands Still made me cry.

CA tour- The yodeling has become more pronounced. and if i didn't know lyrics. I'd be lost, lol. I'd be embarrassed to watch this around friends.

Mick

Thanks. I just wasn't quite sure where you stood on his voice and this helps alot. I was embarrassed to watch CA with family...

To be honest, I just don't like fans of any band anymore.

By Request.

Vocals

Mick

By Request.

Vocals

Mick

Thanks. I just wasn't quite sure where you stood on his voice and this helps alot. I was embarrassed to watch CA with family...

To be honest, I just don't like fans of any band anymore.

To be honest you don't seem to be a fan of honesty...

Gave the nod to S&A as my favorite, but it would be easy for me to waiver and go with Rio.

Vocal wise, the CA DVD doesn't grate on me nearly as much as Time Machine...but we got "Presto" live and that's gold to me.

I agree plus just seeing this band RUSH playing a stadium in front of that many people was just too awesome. Ivebeen to several of 49 shows I've seen where there were several sections empty and I wondered why people here filling these empty seats these shows are too good?

Not that I know much, but didn't they have a bunch of mechanical problems at the show due to the weather? I seem to remember them talking about it in the Boys from Brazil section?

Not that I know much, but didn't they have a bunch of mechanical problems at the show due to the weather? I seem to remember them talking about it in the Boys from Brazil section?

They weren't able to do a sound check, I remember them saying that.

I like the songs and the energy on R30, but I think S&N is a better DVD. It's almost a tie for different reasons but R30 slightly edges it out.

R30 Has those covers which........TAKE VALUABLE RUSH TIME!!!!!!!! i'm changing.......Snakes it is.

Um.......oops? lol

Mick

Yeah it has the covers, I didn't think about that. But I do like the acoustic sections regardless.

I just.....reall couldn't care less what their influences are. I buy this product for their music, lol

Mick

I feel just the opposite, R30 was my first Rush concert and I didn't know their music, went with my sister for her birthday. When they played those covers, I could tell what good musicians they are and they chose songs I love; Buffalo Springfield, Yardbirds, Cream etc. I was really entertained and I bought that ep and eventually I became a big fan of Rush. Relistening to it now is fantastic, love that medley at the beginning.

That said, I love Rush in Rio for the energy of the crowd as others have said (and I learned to love Vapor Trails because of it..now don't flame me :eh:), I also like S&A Live and Time Machine because they are shows I couldn't go to and I listen to both a lot. I have to agree that CA tour was fantastic live but the cd is not so good, have to admit Ged is struggling and I don't remember it being like that live, so that one I don't listen to much, prefer CA studio version soo much better.

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 2