http://deadline.com/...mer-1201333753/

Lin's filmography:

Shopping For Fangs (1997)

Interactions (2000)

Crossover (2000)

Better Luck Tomorrow (2002)

Spotlighting (2005)

Annapolis (2006)

The Fast And The Furious: Tokyo Drift (2006)

Finishing The Game (2007)

La Revolución de Iguodala! (2007)

Fast & Furious (2009)

Community (2010) (TV)

Fast Five (2011)

Fast & Furious 6 (2013)

The Bourne Betrayal (2015)

Star Trek 3 (2016)

Edited by Principled Man

Why him? Nothing on that list moves me beyond a forced bowel movement.

I LOVE INTO DARKNESS!

I know a lot of people who like it and that's fine. Personally, I find it a incoherent and unfocused mess.

The only interesting part was the first five minutes. After that it was a bit of a snooze fest.

Star Trek Into Darkness was a million steps back after Star Trek. Hopefully, the new director will capture the spirit of Star Trek and update it for current audiences. My fingers are crossed...

I agree completely. Here's hoping. They need to work more on the script rather than just action scenes.

I liked the 2 JJ Trek movies, I also get why long time Trek fans may have a problem with them (especially the last one) ... but Trek movie history has been spotty and best and this has put some life into the franchise, which is much better on TV than the big screen.

I really know nothing about this guy, I guess we will see. Hopefully he keeps up at least the good box office and someone picks up a new TV series

I LOVE INTO DARKNESS!

Same here. It would have been better if they left him as "John Harrison" or whatever and not made him Khan though.

I have hopes that ST3 takes the skirmish bewtween the Federation and Klingons on.... "CHRONOS" (Yes, that's how they spell it nowadays I guess) and runs with it.

Star Trek Into Darkness was a million steps back after Star Trek. Hopefully, the new director will capture the spirit of Star Trek and update it for current audiences. My fingers are crossed...

Enjoyable but not as good as ST11, I agree.

I LOVE INTO DARKNESS!

Same here. It would have been better if they left him as "John Harrison" or whatever and not made him Khan though.

I have hopes that ST3 takes the skirmish bewtween the Federation and Klingons on.... "CHRONOS" (Yes, that's how they spell it nowadays I guess) and runs with it.

There was no reason for Kahn to be in the movie. The fact he was Kahn added nothing to the plot. Also, the character resembled nothing of the Kahn established by Ricardo Montalban, absolutely nothing. It's a shame because the new cast captures the spirit of the original cast so magnificently.

And paralleling The Wrath of Khan by flipping the fate Kirk and Spock was so obvious and lazy.

And if Khan's blood can rejuvenate no one will ever die. Where was that established or even hinted at in the original timeline? Again, lazy writing and an easy way out.

Star Trek Into Darkness is the crappiest of the crap that is bad Star Trek. Awful and disappointing.

• Like 1

Sadly it looks like that hack Roberto Orci is still writing it. Let's see what script his mad libs book will produce for the next Star Trek film. Since we have the director of Fast Five hopefully it will just be so over the top bad it will be funny.

I saw some awards show for 2 seconds last night while flipping channels and Patrick Stewart got up and read some nominees.

Man, is he getting old now. Liver spots on the head now no less :(

Like Jean Luc said in "Generations", "Now there's be no more Picards.."

It's going to suck when he passes. He might be the most recognizable Star Trek icon this side of Spock and TNG deserved so much better. I wonder if anybody (else, aside from Spock prime) from the 24th century makes it into another new ST movie down the road?

I think this is really promising news. For the first time in a long time my interest is piqued!

Simon Pegg is co-writing Star Trek 3!

http://deadline.com/...egg-1201355170/

Pegg knows his Trek. Hopefully he'll swap out his version of the script when Orci takes a coffee break and burn Orci's script.