The Power Station: "Some Like It Hot!" Some Like It Not! TONY THOMPSON Was Like Bonham! R.I.P.! So CHIC!

RUSHHEAD666

Happy Holidaze Rush Forum!! Hoppy Holidays and a Happy New Beer!

Why not write one more whacky music thread before the new year!! I can't fukking wait for this year to end.

Anyway let's get down to business.

I tried very hard to find my old Power Station thread on here but I can't locate it.

I think the first Power Station album is a perfect masterpiece. Get the 2005 remaster with all of the extended and seven inch remix versions!

It's actually an all star band! Robert Palmer RIP, Andy and John Taylor from Duran Duran, and one of the greatest drummer in the world who sadly died of kidney cancer at the very young age of 48.

Tony was also the original drummer of the funk band Chic. Remember "Good Times" and "Le Freak?"

Perhaps not. This forum is getting younger every year not older.

So if you want to hear some HEAVY METAL with an 80's new wave sound then check it out!!!!

Their version of "Get It On: Bang A Gong" is better than that boring old T Rex original. Guess I'm not that old yet either!!

"Some Like it Hot"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgYqIvnPvqQ

"Get It On: Bang A Gong"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alFlaMC2b3c

• Like 1

I hope the NewYear is yours Earl.

I loved this album. Andy Taylor got to show that he could rock, and Robert Palmer was so revitalized that he went on to make the awesome Riptide album. They reunited briefly in the mid 90s and made a second album. I have it somewhere. Not bad if you're in a Power Station mood, but the 1985 album is a masterpiece.

I loved this album. Andy Taylor got to show that he could rock, and Robert Palmer was so revitalized that he went on to make the awesome Riptide album. They reunited briefly in the mid 90s and made a second album. I have it somewhere. Not bad if you're in a Power Station mood, but the 1985 album is a masterpiece.

Thanks Rick! I love you!

• Like 1

Thanks Rick! I love you!

You're a great presence here Earl. I'm sure you are in real life too. I'm pulling for you.

I'm busting this bad boy out tomorrow for you Earl.

Warmly,

Murderess

• Like 1

Hahaha!! Thank you my friend! That means a lot!

I want to work it out but I'm so frustrated!

Whenever I crank "Communication" I think of her.

Also "Comminication Breakdown" and "Lack Of Communication" by RATT! Lol!

Signed,

I Used To Love Her But I Had To Kill Her

• Like 1

This album made me respect Duran Duran on some levels.

My God! Me too buddy!!!! "Hungry Like The Wolf!" "Girls On Film!"

I have the Andy Taylor solo albums too. Excellent.

You guys must get the 2005 Remaster with the bonus tracks. All remixes ALL BAD ASS DRUMMING!

I've been listening to this album non-stop this weekend and I think I'm deaf.

Tony's drumming is relentless. It's beyond incredible.

I have now declared this album in my TOP TEN OF ALL TIME!

Hemispheres

Fair Warning

Love Over Gold

Clutching At Straws

Breaker (ACCEPT)

Killers

Back For The Attack (Dokken)

The Man Who Sold The World

The Power Station

Aja

I have to admit I dig this album, even if it's tarnished by the presence of two Durans (whom, you know by now, I hate hate hate hate hate hate...).

The drum fills on "Some like it hot" are among the most brilliant I've ever heard. I used to whistle to them! How can you whistle to drum fills???

I have to admit I dig this album, even if it's tarnished by the presence of two Durans (whom, you know by now, I hate hate hate hate hate hate...).

The drum fills on "Some like it hot" are among the most brilliant I've ever heard. I used to whistle to them! How can you whistle to drum fills???

HAHAHAHA! One of your best posts ever!! "How can you whistle to drum fills?" CLASSIC!! I sat behind my kit two nights ago and I played along with the record. It's simply beyond incredible.

I can't stop playing this record.

I understand your hate for Duran Duran but man the Taylor boys are great. Like I already said my favorite Duran Duran song is "A View To A Kill."

It has that Tony Thompson like drumming and the Andy Taylor killer riff.

Fukking great shit.

On that note it's time for some thread fusion. ROGER MOORE IS THE BEST BOND!!!!!!! Sorry Sir Connery! You are second.

• Like 1

I know you by now! You are a huge Simon Le Bon fan.

I like Simon Le BON SCOTT!!!!

LOL

I'm being loony. Time for bed.

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 1

LOL

Nah. my man, if you haven't lived in the 80s in small-town Italy, you can't hope to comprehend my hate for Durans and Spandaus.

It was soooo over the place. The press had them going like Beatles vs Stones. Can you imagine that? And all the girls going histeric for "Through the Barricades". And all these aggressive, zilt-faced virgin boys going crazy for "Wild boys". I'd better stop or I might get a heart stroke in my old age.

From their second album:

In the 80s I was a garage band bassist. While I loved Geddy and Steve Harris, I was always a huge fan of John Taylor's funky style. I even have (I still own the bass bought in about 1981) the Aria Pro II Thor Sound bass I bought because Taylor played Aria Pro IIs.

LOL

Nah. my man, if you haven't lived in the 80s in small-town Italy, you can't hope to comprehend my hate for Durans and Spandaus.

It was soooo over the place. The press had them going like Beatles vs Stones. Can you imagine that? And all the girls going histeric for "Through the Barricades". And all these aggressive, zilt-faced virgin boys going crazy for "Wild boys". I'd better stop or I might get a heart stroke in my old age.

Oh wow man! I get it now! That's nuts!!! You are a crack up!! I remember "Wild Boys!" Ugh! "Union Of The Snake!! You probably wanted to strangle yourself with a snake! LOL!

From their second album:

In the 80s I was a garage band bassist. While I loved Geddy and Steve Harris, I was always a huge fan of John Taylor's funky style. I even have (I still own the bass bought in about 1981) the Aria Pro II Thor Sound bass I bought because Taylor played Aria Pro IIs.

I like the second record although I don't love it! That's so cool though about that bass you bough in 1981! Sounds killer! You must be an awesome bass player. Wish we could start a band!

• Like 1

From their second album:

I like the second record although I don't love it! That's so cool though about that bass you bough in 1981! Sounds killer! You must be an awesome bass player. Wish we could start a band!

Not anymore Earl. 30 years ago I could play La Villa and Genghis Khan. Today I might make it through It's a Long Way to the Top. With some practice.

It'd be tough jamming between Cali and Boston. Someday my friend.

From their second album:

Not anymore Earl. 30 years ago I could play La Villa and Genghis Khan. Today I might make it through It's a Long Way to the Top. With some practice.

It'd be tough jamming between Cali and Boston. Someday my friend.

You are totally cool Rick. I always like you from the start! Ok! I am going to go into my garage tomorrow and play LA VILLA just for you!

It's been many many years but I've been playing again every day.

I love that I can just plug my Beats Solo II into my iPhone and fuckking jam to any album I wish.

Lately it's been Van Halen, The Outfield. and The Power Station. I have a few blisters but I am finally getting back "INTO THE GROOVE!"

Love,

MADONNA

LOL! Ok I am drunk!! Happy too!