Tai Shan VS Superconductor VS The Speed Of Love VS Dog Years

YYZumbi

79 members have voted

1. 1. Which song is your favorite of these four?

• Tai Shan
    • Superconductor
    • The Speed Of Love
    • Dog Years

Speed of Love is the only one I don't hate. While it's the least likeable on Counterparts it has some great guitar work, much like the rest of the album.

Dog Years - the vocals are beyond irritating, probably one of his worst vocal performances.

Superconductor - I used to like this one (as much as anyone can like something off that horrible album), but its cheese starting getting to me. Rupert Hine you sad sad man.

Tai Shan - One of the worst songs they've ever recorded.

Once again, take the opposite of what you say to start near a reasonable position on Rush music.

...So yours is the only "reasonable" position on Rush music? :eyeroll:

• Like 1

1. Dog Years - in my top 15 Rush songs. I think it has a great groove.

2. Speed of love - yes I love this one too. In my top 30 Rush songs.

3. Superconductor - always liked it.

4. Tai Shan - hate it.

Dog Years has a groove?? :huh:

Th beginning riff has a cool groove.

Edited by Mithrandir
  • Like 1

Speed of Love is the only one I don't hate. While it's the least likeable on Counterparts it has some great guitar work, much like the rest of the album.

Dog Years - the vocals are beyond irritating, probably one of his worst vocal performances.

Superconductor - I used to like this one (as much as anyone can like something off that horrible album), but its cheese starting getting to me. Rupert Hine you sad sad man.

Once again, take the opposite of what you say to start near a reasonable position on Rush music.

Reading comprehension fail.

Huh?

What I got from your comment is that:

1. TaiShan

2. Superconductor

3. Dog Years

4. TSOL

would be "almost reasonable". Given your history, and the fact that the only difference from yours is the placement of Dog Years (hence making it "close to" yours), I observed that you seemed to be insinuating that.

I don't get all the hate for Superconductor... I mean, it is super cheesy, but I always thought of it as a sort of "meta-cheesiness", since it is after all a song about insubstantial (read:cheesy) music...

It's genius because it's basically a parody of pop music while still being a perfect pop song....like dude...crazy intellectual :smoke:

Huh?

1. TaiShan

2. Superconductor

3. Dog Years

4. TSOL

would be "almost reasonable". Given your history, and the fact that the only difference from yours is the placement of Dog Years (hence making it "close to" yours), I observed that you seemed to be insinuating that.

Hence the reading comprehension failure.

Huh?

1. TaiShan

2. Superconductor

3. Dog Years

4. TSOL

OK then, can you explain to me what you did mean? Sorry, I'm apparently too feeble-minded to figure it out on my own :eyeroll:

Edited by len(songs)

Huh?

1. TaiShan

2. Superconductor

3. Dog Years

4. TSOL

OK then, can you explain to me what you did mean? Sorry, I'm apparently too feeble-minded to figure it out on my own :eyeroll:

I meant what I wrote. And for someone with such a good memory, you seem to have conveniently forgotten my explicit views on the subjectivity of music stated in many instances and the fact that Bowl and I enjoy prodding each others' opinions on songs.

• Like 3

Superconductor is actually a bitter diatribe against the entertainment industry. Hence, it is good! (See video below)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c8b55pJeNk

Fortunately I clicked on it and it said that it wasn't available.... :)
  • Like 1

Oh all right. I'll try.

1. Speed of Love (which really isn't a bad song at all, regardless of lyrics)

2. Superconductor - I like it all right until that chorus kicks in and it's like...ewww.

3. Dog Years - Not bad musically but the lyrics are just weird.

4. Tai Shan - Just eww....ack ack ptewie

Edited by EagleMoon

Oh all right. I'll try.

2. Superconductor - I like it all right until that chorus kicks in and it's like...ewww.

That's the spirit! :)

• Like 1

Oh all right. I'll try.

That's the spirit! :)

It was tough, but I managed to muddle through. :LOL:

• Like 1

Dog Years. I kind of get why it's so maligned but I don't know why its seems so detestable to so many when Virtuality is the real dog of T4E.

Man that song sucks. I've tried but it just does. It sucks. More than the other songs in this poll.

Its the worst.

Edit:/okok, maybe I went overboard. If you like the song, thats cool. I'm not trying to poop on anyones Holidays.

I'm new here, hello.

Rush Rules and anyone who doesn't think so can lick a dogs...

haha...

Edited by Digital Dad

Dog Years. I kind of get why it's so maligned but I don't know why its seems so detestable to so many when Virtuality is the real dog of T4E.

Man that song sucks. I've tried but it just does. It sucks. More than the other songs in this poll.

Its the worst.

Edit:/okok, maybe I went overboard. If you like the song, thats cool. I'm not trying to poop on anyones Holidays.

I'm new here, hello.

Rush Rules and anyone who doesn't think so can lick a dogs...

haha...

I'm not a huge fan of Virtuality but I think it's a decent song. I guess the lyrics don't bother me like they do some people. I think it's catchy. :LOL:

• Like 2

Superconductor is actually a bitter diatribe against the entertainment industry. Hence, it is good! (See video below)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c8b55pJeNk

Fortunately I clicked on it and it said that it wasn't available.... :)

An example of those who know what's best for us rising and saving us from ourselves?

It's been a while since I have been here and the first thing that pops out is a fantastic question for which I have a not so popular answer. My favorite of these four is Tai Shan.

Tai Shan...not my favorite Rush song by far, but a fantastic bass line. As a bass player I can find what Geddy is playing to stand alone and I almost forget the dullness of the lyrics and the uninspiring melody.

The Speed of Love...while a catatonic dirge, it is not as bad as the other two. It is forgettable though.

Dog Years...when I first heard this I had a difficult time believing what I was hearing. The lyrics are so unlike anything they had done previously...and not in a good way. The melody is just as basic and uninspiring. If this was the only song available when someone asked me what Rush sounded like I would be inclined to asnwer that I did not know.

Superconductor...there are many reasons why this is my least favortie Rush song. First, this was the first song I heard off a new album of theirs that I never liked. Second, the chorus does not match up with the forced riff (if I could be as so bold to refer to that disjointed 7/4 warble as a riff). Third, and most important was the way that this song burst forth from the unfinished Xanadu on the Roll the Bones tour. The only comparison that I could make for those of you who were not there to witness that debaucle would be the chestburster scene from Alien.

Edited by micgtr71