Tai Shan VS Superconductor VS The Speed Of Love VS Dog Years

YYZumbi

79 members have voted

1. 1. Which song is your favorite of these four?

• Tai Shan
    • Superconductor
    • The Speed Of Love
    • Dog Years

Well, Dog Years is terrible (I actually think the lyrics are the best part). The other three are all fantastic IMO; The Speed of Love and Tai Shan are essentially tied for me, but I went with Speed of Love due to its beautiful guitar work.
  • Like 1

Tai Shan- LOVE 10/10

Speed Of Love- LOVE 9/10

Superconductor- I have forgiven the backing vocals, I really like this 8/10

Dog Years- a joke? It blends in with the rest of the album nicely, but sucks on its own 4/10

Seriously now. I really can't do it. I hate them all.

Mick

Aww....poor Blue booboo...

I like both The Speed of Love and Tia Shan a great deal. Both are awesome songs that are (IMO) grossly underrated. Superconductor is ok. Nothing special, but not bad either. Its fine, just not special. Dog Years? Its the dog of the bunch.

If this was a horse race, Tia Shan & The Speed of Love would be neck and neck, significantly ahead of Superconductor which would be way ahead of Dog Year. And today, in a photo finish, the winner of my vote is .... The Speed of Love. Depends on the mood I am in. Could have voted for Tai Shan and on a different day might have.

• Like 2

Superconductor is an easy 9/10. It's been one of my favorites ever since I first heard it.

Tai Shan is a close second. An 8/10. There's nothing really wrong with this song in my viiew, though Rush classifies it as an "error." :huh:

Dog Years isn't bad—6.5/10—but there's nothing really great about it. The lyrics are okay, albeit kinda goofy, and the display of musicianship is fairly pedestrian.

The Speed of Love is just boring, monotone, and weak. A 4/10.

AaaaaaaaasaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhghgghghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Like 1

1. Dog Years- I love this song. Seriously.

2. Supercondutor- Aside from the backing vocals, its pretty good.

3. Tai Shan- Ermm, Always skip it.

4. The Speed of Suck- Spagetti Lee's only valuable contribution.

Speed of Love is the only one I don't hate. While it's the least likeable on Counterparts it has some great guitar work, much like the rest of the album.

Dog Years - the vocals are beyond irritating, probably one of his worst vocal performances.

Superconductor - I used to like this one (as much as anyone can like something off that horrible album), but its cheese starting getting to me. Rupert Hine you sad sad man.

Tai Shan - One of the worst songs they've ever recorded.

Edited by BowlCity

Speed of Love is the only one I don't hate. While it's the least likeable on Counterparts it has some great guitar work, much like the rest of the album.

Dog Years - the vocals are beyond irritating, probably one of his worst vocal performances.

Superconductor - I used to like this one (as much as anyone can like something off that horrible album), but its cheese starting getting to me. Rupert Hine you sad sad man.

Tai Shan - One of the worst songs they've ever recorded.

Once again, take the opposite of what you say to start near a reasonable position on Rush music.

1. Dog Years - in my top 15 Rush songs. I think it has a great groove.

2. Speed of love - yes I love this one too. In my top 30 Rush songs.

3. Superconductor - always liked it.

4. Tai Shan - hate it.

Dog Years has a groove?? :huh: Edited by Geddy's Soul Patch
  • Like 3