What did you all think of snakes and arrows dvd??

nicky6

There's this great thing called "proof reading", I highly recommend it.

Now now.... :LOL:

S&N, in my opinion, is the last good video they put out. Geddy was still singing pretty well and even though they played a lot of S&N material (which some don't like) The video editing was really good, and it sounded great. I think it's one of the top releases they've ever done.

• Like 1

There's this great thing called "proof reading", I highly recommend it.

Now now.... :LOL:

S&N, in my opinion, is the last good video they put out. Geddy was still singing pretty well and even though they played a lot of S&N material (which some don't like) The video editing was really good, and it sounded great. I think it's one of the top releases they've ever done.

One great thing about the Snakes tour is the number of deep cuts they pulled out. Digital Man, Entre Nous, and Circumstances were sweet!
  • Like 3

Loved this one. I like Snakes and Arrows, and the deep cuts like Witch Hunt (at the time it was a deep cut), Digital Man, Entre Nous, Circumstances, Bangkok, the list goes on. Other good live tracks such as Secret Touch and Between The Wheels didn't hurt either.
  • Like 3

Its decent but it takes getting used to, given that geds bass sounds odd (it was wired in stereo..and sounded very phasey and unnatural), and the tempos were played slow .

That is one gripe I have about this one is that the tempos of various songs are slow, like on Limelight and Subdivisions.

I think the boys noticed that themselves because if you listen to Time Machine or CA Tour they got those tracks back up to speed.

I need to get a new copy...it's got a scratch that causes it to skip all the way through Natural Science :(

I need to get a new copy...it's got a scratch that causes it to skip all the way through Natural Science :(

Oh wow, that really sucks.

• Like 1

While I could put a set together of deep cuts from the past and hope for lots on the next tour, I'm glad that each new album is prominent in the set. That adds variety and helps to keep them from being a nostalgia act.

I loved the snakes material in this show. But i'm one of the few that enjoyed that album so....lol

Mick

• Like 1

S&A Live was great. The third-best live album overall, IMO. Ged's voice was good, and that slow-tempo Limelight was beautiful. Mission and Natural Science, too.
  • Like 1