Colbert Report 2005-2014

Union 5-3992

The end of an era, one of this nation's finest treasures has finally concluded. I wish Colbert the best of luck when he takes over Letterman's show. Whenever I wasn't in college and could tape his show, I never missed an episode. It's going to be weird not looking forward to more of the Report.
  • Like 1

His show will be missed. It was always funny and clever.

I didn't realize that it had been on that long. Amazing.

Edited by EagleMoon

I wish him great success with the Letterman takeover and hope he throws in the Report show persona in the mix here and there. I'll be watching...

I wish him great success with the Letterman takeover and hope he throws in the Report show persona in the mix here and there. I'll be watching...

Sorry, but I don't find it all that impressive to spend nine years taking shots at an easy target.

Sorry, but I don't find it all that impressive to spend nine years taking shots at an easy target.

To be fair, he made a mockery of everyone.Barney Frank hates him. Though he did have a liberal bias.

To be fair, he made a mockery of everyone.Barney Frank hates him. Though he did have a liberal bias.

Make that two easy targets. :)

I find him funny, but when it comes to Bill O'Reilly, the only difficult part is trying to determine what to mock.

• Like 1

Yeah. I remember how nervous he was on his first show. Doesn't seem that long ago.

Yeah. I remember how nervous he was on his first show. Doesn't seem that long ago.

They'll probably start doing reruns now. lol

It was a persona he was paid to do.

Anyhoo - I'll miss Craig Fergusons show even more.

Edited by librarian
  • Like 1

I've only seen a number of episodes here and there but I liked what I saw and that, obviously, includes the :rush: episode. I've even read a couple of his books in audiobook format as well and they're hilarious. :LOL:

Good luck to his promotion. I'm not too bummed out now that I've been hooked on John Oliver. I kind of prefer him better since he covers stories that don't get covered that much on cable news (all are bad IMO) that deserve attention. He's like the NPR Colbert. Sort of Colbert meets This American Life. Good thing, since even though I like Bill Maher who can be hit or miss at times, I'll admit, he's been skating on thin ice for me since that Affleck debacle.

They're ending it? That's a shame. When we used to get the comedy network I'd watch the show every day. It was an excellent show that remained consistently funny. Here's one clip that has stuck with me for a long time. I think I originally saw this online.

Cynicism masquerades as wisdom, but it is the farthest thing from it. Because cynics don’t learn anything. Because cynicism is a self-imposed blindness, a rejection of the world because we are afraid it will hurt us or disappoint us. - Stephen Colbert