Sugar Bowl: OSU vs. Bama

third hand grace

Heading to NOLA (for the first time) for the Sugar Bowl game.

I posted this in another forum and got crickets, so I'm hoping maybe sports minded peeps might help, but would love to discuss the game too..

As a person who loves experiencing culture, I was hoping that someone might be able to give me pointers on where to go and not to go when I am there.

I am 42 and am much more interested in the food/MUSIC than puking in a gutter.

I obviously would like to see Bourbon Street for a little bit, but it is my understanding that the REAL music and culture is better found on Frenchmen Street. True? From my hotel I can easily get to both areas.

Anyone have suggestions of places to go and/or to avoid?

I will be in town for New Years Eve, arriving the day before, and leaving the day after the football game, so I have about 3 good days to check it out.

Any experienced or locals??

Football related...Go Buckeyes!

• Like 1

Heading to NOLA (for the first time) for the Sugar Bowl game.

I posted this in another forum and got crickets, so I'm hoping maybe sports minded peeps might help, but would love to discuss the game too..

As a person who loves experiencing culture, I was hoping that someone might be able to give me pointers on where to go and not to go when I am there.

I am 42 and am much more interested in the food/MUSIC than puking in a gutter.

I obviously would like to see Bourbon Street for a little bit, but it is my understanding that the REAL music and culture is better found on Frenchmen Street. True? From my hotel I can easily get to both areas.

Anyone have suggestions of places to go and/or to avoid?

I will be in town for New Years Eve, arriving the day before, and leaving the day after the football game, so I have about 3 good days to check it out.

Any experienced or locals??

Football related...Go Buckeyes!

No experience in New Orleans, but

GO BUCKS!

I'm partial to Ohio State because my dad was from the great state of Ohio. With that said, you're gonna take an ass whipping.

Eat some good meals because they shouldn't be hard to find.

Edited by liquidcrystalcompass

LOL

yes it is a real possibility, they are not Wisc!

3rd string qb, an OC that is the HC at another school already (how much is he game planning when he is trying to recruit at his new school?)

I'm going cuz one of my players is on the team, AND its a chance to finally get to NOLA.

They might lose, but I can't!

• Like 1

You almost can't go wrong with the food. There are tons of great restaurants in the French Quarter. You don't have to puke on Bourbon St. Just have a few drinks and go bar to bar. Every one will have world class musicians on stage.

Thx Syrinx

Any idea avg age on bourbon st?

I have heard so many people say to completely avoid it, that all real music is gone and its clubbing and college kids.

I want to see it but if thats all that is there I would be wasting my time. I want to see "world class musicians"!

I appreciate everyone's help!