Is clockwork angles not the worst live dvd?

nicky6

What I don't understand is why they feel the need to doctor up the videos. I'd rather have a raw presentation than one where the lips do not match the words as I have noticed in a few of them. At first I thought it was my imagination, now I know it isn't.

Where? I didn't catch that.

I'm not talking about CA. I'm talking about the older ones. I should have made that clear in my post. :)

CA Tour is okay.

A Show of Hands is the worst - the setlist is plain awful.

oh dude, I cannot listen to Rush at all from 1987-1992 when it comes to live. Even when they DID play Xanadu, 2112, Freewill, all those ones.

the solid state equipment they were using, the "funkyness" in geddy's vocal singing style, the tightly tuned drums... thank god in '93-94 they swithced back to a more organic sound.

• Like 2

CA Tour is okay.

oh dude, I cannot listen to Rush at all from 1987-1992 when it comes to live. Even when they DID play Xanadu, 2112, Freewill, all those ones.

the solid state equipment they were using, the "funkyness" in geddy's vocal singing style, the tightly tuned drums... thank god in '93-94 they swithced back to a more organic sound.

the only '70s Rush song that sounded better to me with their late '80s/early '90s live sound then the original was La Villa. Especially with Ged's Wal bass.

oh, always thought this sounded like crap, this version of the trees here. also red barchetta before it sounded bad too..

I was disappointed in how hollow the Power Windows/GUP songs sounded on the CA DVD. They were playing all the right notes in Territories and Body Electric but there was still something lacking in the mix and sound. The '80s ones sounded more exciting and it has nothing to do with Geddy's voice.

You can disagree... But this is golden:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL-VEA1bPv0

v=EL-VEA1bPv0

i friggin' dislike neil's drum sound on this version. .....much i really do enjoy the show.

Mick

Never thought The Trees translated well live

CA Tour is okay.

the only '70s Rush song that sounded better to me with their late '80s/early '90s live sound then the original was La Villa. Especially with Ged's Wal bass.

Interesting opinion, but have you seen the (shamefully only second half) of the 1979 Pink Pop version? its SPINE TINGLING.

Edited by maxdistortion
  • Like 1

I disagree, I think its among the best. Geddy's Voice is Geddy's Voice, I don't play that card into the mix. I love the fast editing so that I never miss a thing.

I disagree, I think its among the best. Geddy's Voice is Geddy's Voice, I don't play that card into the mix. I love the fast editing so that I never miss a thing.

You and I are probably the only ones… :)

The mixing and editing are horrible, but overall it's better than Time Machine in that though the vocals are pretty bad they're nowhere NEAR the depths of that album.

I really don't understand how some think CA tour has better vocals than TMT. Care to elaborate??

The mixing and editing are horrible, but overall it's better than Time Machine in that though the vocals are pretty bad they're nowhere NEAR the depths of that album.

I really don't understand how some think CA tour has better vocals than TMT. Care to elaborate??

I have to agree with you. To me, he seems to struggle much more with his singing on CA although I don't have a big problem with it since it's not his fault, I'm just happy to see them again.

I have to agree with you. To me, he seems to struggle much more with his singing on CA although I don't have a big problem with it since it's not his fault, I'm just happy to see them again.

I don't mind how his vocals sound nowadays either, but yeah, just compare Spirit of Radio from TMT to CA, poor Ged sounds considerably worse on the latter.