Is clockwork angles not the worst live dvd?

nicky6

So sad. i waited a whole year for that, and boom, they released it on a bad vocal night. geddy strained and tried way too hard knowing they were filming. I really wished they would have filmed durning the first 3 weeks of the tour..I cant even watch this anymore. and so many people i showed it to have all been ripping on those horrible vocals.. Now. showed the same 4 people the Test for echo footage and they all lvoed it and said geddy sounded great. big diffrence....

To me it's right up there. I've only watched it once through since getting it. Geddy's voice is.....what it is at this point. What get's me is the damn editing. it hurts my brain. Stop jumping around so fast......it really is awful.

Mick

• Like 4

I don't think it is. Geddy sounded fine, for what his voice is now. The setlist was great, and the crowd was pretty into it. Alex was good, on The Analog Kid especially, and Neil was Neil. I think Clockwork Angels Tour is a good live album, but it wouldn't be the first one I'd show to a new Rush fan.
  • Like 2

The vocals, while not great, don't really bother me. I listen to his bass playing more, anyway...even on DVDs when his voice does sound great.
  • Like 1

Its the worst mixed one to me.

Alex's guitars are way up front and the drums are buried. Geddys bass is boomy and unclear

I would agree with those saying his vocals are what they are.

And its true... They should film the next DVD in the first cpl week or so onto tour

• Like 2

The worst is the Time Machine Tour, and it's not even close. Completely ruined by the vocals. On CA he sounded fine for what he is now. I'd prefer less shouting and marble-mouthing, but that's just what he does. It's not like on TMT where they picked his worst performance by far on an otherwise good tour. I will only listen to boots of that tour, now. Which is a shame because the shows were so good, and The Camera Eye and Presto live were treats.
  • Like 2

I have no problems at all with his voice.

The problems are the mixing. The sound-quality is awful, and the filming-work is really bad, moving to fast!

Totally agree that the sound mixing is terrible, and this is from someone who saw the tour twice and loved it.

• Like 2

I second Show of Hands as the worst, but the editing in Time Machine and CA are terrible. Geddy's voice is what it is these days. Trying to sing songs from 30 or more years ago is always going to be tougher each tour. They do a DVD for every tour now so if he fixes vocals (which he obviously does in a few spots on CA) they probably don't spend a lot of time doing them. I've seen some timing differences on his vocal performances in CA that are not video editing related, the are dubbed vocals. ESL is really overdubbed from what I understand, but it still sounds great. The 21st century live albums don't sound near as good as ESL or GUP for DVD.
  • Like 3

What I don't understand is why they feel the need to doctor up the videos. I'd rather have a raw presentation than one where the lips do not match the words as I have noticed in a few of them. At first I thought it was my imagination, now I know it isn't.

I don't want to say it's the worst, but it does seem choppy, geddy does seem to have some trouble in some songs, but it's been said he's sounds the way he sounds, he's older and you have to forgive him, I seen them near the end of their tour and he sounded better than the DVD so I'm not complaining!