That old color footage from BTLS.....

snowdog2112

You know, from 1976-1977 where they're playing Finding My Way? People have been wondering since it was released in 2010 what that was and where it came from and most important, is there any more.

I finally have the answers. The video researcher at Banger Films contacted me today about a video on my youtube channel. They're working on the upcoming Geddy doc for VH1. Anyway, being that she's the video researcher, I figured I would never have a better chance to find out about that footage for the good of all Rush fans and humanity at large. I asked her if it was ok if I passed on the info and she said yes. Here it is:

It was found by their technical supervisor. It came from a small TV station in Cincinnati. They had it transferred from original film stock. They only filmed a few brief shots for the news. No full songs.

So there you have it. We can stop wondering now and daydreaming that it's from a full show.

Edited by snowdog2112
  • Like 6

You know, from 1976-1977 where they're playing Finding My Way? People have been wondering since it was released in 2010 what that was and where it came from and most important, is there any more.

I finally have the answers. The video researcher at Banger Films contacted me today about a video on my youtube channel. They're working on the upcoming Geddy doc for VH1. Anyway, being that she's the video researcher, I figured I would never have a better chance to find out about that footage for the good of all Rush fans and humanity at large. I asked her if it was ok if I passed on the info and she said yes. Here it is:

It was found by their technical supervisor. It came from a small TV station in Cincinnati. They had it transferred from original film stock. They only filmed a few brief shots for the news. No full songs.

So there you have it. We can stop wondering now and daydreaming that it's from a full show.

I'd love to know how they found out about it in the first place....

Thanks snowdog. Kinda cool that they contacted you, I know you have some rare stuff on your channel!