How do you shuffle?

The Analog Cub

When you put your music on shuffle, do you keep skipping songs till you find something you really like, or do you just let it go? Or do you never use shuffle?

I find myself constantly skipping songs and I'm trying to stop myself from doing that and just letting it go through.

Depends on my mood and what I'm listening to. Generally I just let it go since I'm usually listening to my playlist which only has Everything I like on (and I'm too lazy to go and change track sometimes ;) ). Although I do sometimes skip around because my iPod does have some rubbish on it.

I was curious what this thread was about because the only shuffle that came to my mind was a deck of cards.

My first thoughts were that this is about playing shuffleboard.

• Like 1

If the listening time is less than 20 minutes, I pick a track, shuffle until I have a decent 4 or 5 song run, and pick tracks if there is still time left. Longer than that I shuffle without a care of what comes on (except for bootlegs that run 2 hours + on my ipod).

Hey it's not nice to remind a handicapped person he can't shuffle along :P

Mick

Hey Mick, from the posts of you that I know, I'm pretty sure you're rockin out the right way, your way man. :cheers:

• Like 1

Hey it's not nice to remind a handicapped person he can't shuffle along :P

Mick

Did I do that? Ooops.... :blush: Sorry brother

I only listen to stuff on shuffle on my home system, in the house. I'll often shuffle it until I get a song or two I particularly like at the beginning, and then just let the rest play out. I have quite a bit of music and a lot of it I am not familiar with, so listening on shuffle allows me to (eventually) hear everything. When I come across something I never need to hear it again I remove it from the playlist.
  • Like 1

I don't think I have a shuffle.... :eh:

You could always "shuffle" the order of the sides you play your ATWAS vinyl :LOL: Today I fancy 2, 4, 1, 3.

The rare (very rare) occasions I use any kind of shuffle is when playing a playlist I've just created, so if there was a a song I'd want to skip, chances are I wouldn't have put it in the playlist in the first place.

But, like I said...it's very rare. I just prefer to put on an album and just let the whole thing play.

• Like 2

I don't think I have a shuffle.... :eh:

You could always "shuffle" the order of the sides you play your ATWAS vinyl :LOL: Today I fancy 2, 4, 1, 3.

The rare (very rare) occasions I use any kind of shuffle is when playing a playlist I've just created, so if there was a a song I'd want to skip, chances are I wouldn't have put it in the playlist in the first place.

But, like I said...it's very rare. I just prefer to put on an album and just let the whole thing play.

I have never had a playlist and wouldn't know how or where to create one.... :sigh: :codger:

Hey you shuffle guys, take the time to listen to an album in its own glory.

Oh, I do listen to albums! I think I am one of the few people (along with at least some of TRF) who still buys whole entire albums. But I play stuff on shuffle when it's background music, or I don't know exactly what I want to listen to, or I want to explore my music collection, or whatever other reason.

• Like 1

I generally don't shuffle and only sometimes skip tracks. I still pretty much have an album-length attention span. It helps that my commute is about 40 minutes, so I plug in an album and let it rip.

When I'm at work I'll either put my iPod on shuffle album by artist, shuffle album by everything, or shuffle everything. On shuffle album I'll skip some albums that I don't like entirely, but with shuffle songs I'll listen to whatever shows up, only skipping ahead when there is an extended silence at the end fo the track.