Rush peak chart positions

rugen

I can't believe the top two selling Rush albums are MP (not surprised) and ROLL THE BONES!

Well...it has Face Up.

What a classic.

*jk*

NOOOO....NOOOO....

Do you not read? The sales figures are only from 1991 on...when Soundscan started tracking sales....I knew this would happen... :facepalm:

The top selling Rush albums overall are Moving Pictures and 2112.

But the RTB has squillions

Because it's material is simple, catchy, and easy to digest and is targeted for average simpletons. The same reason why Avatar, Titanic, Star Wars, and Harry Potter are so successful.

Roll the Bones is the Titanic of Rush albums.

How dare you include Star Wars amongst those other "works of art"!!!!!

Star Wars sux.

And only for a dime!

:o I'm....sad

Sorry...

I just never got into it. Like...first time i saw it i thought i was watching a star wars parody. Nope.

And it was the first one from the 70's.

And you criticize me for hating Hemispheres…

You should be ashamed.

:LOL:

I mock in jest.

I totally understand why Hems is hard work. I used to rate it low (i still dont think its THAT great). Over all, sidelong tracks are better served by Yes.

hemispheres was the first rush album I listened to where I liked every song on first listen. it doesn't have a tears, or a madrigal, or a different strings

Oh yeah, then how come Rush is still around and going strong and Yes is just a shadow of what it once was?

Because Yes are now half of Asia plus a rapidly declining rhythm section and an Anderson-knockoff singer :)

So you know that half of Asia you speak of was also half of YES prior to becoming ASIA. There's a little album called Drama you should check out. The reason YES isn't doing well is due to their dismal last album and the fact they haven't recruited many new fans other than those in the 80's. RUSH has established them selves in every era including this one with Snakes & Arrows and now Clockwork Angels.

• Like 1

Oh yeah, then how come Rush is still around and going strong and Yes is just a shadow of what it once was?

Because Yes are now half of Asia plus a rapidly declining rhythm section and an Anderson-knockoff singer :)

So you know that half of Asia you speak of was also half of YES prior to becoming ASIA. There's a little album called Drama you should check out. The reason YES isn't doing well is due to their dismal last album and the fact they haven't recruited many new fans other than those in the 80's. RUSH has established them selves in every era including this one with Snakes & Arrows and now Clockwork Angels.

Yes, I know. I forgot the :), sorry.

• Like 1

Yes, I know. I forgot the :), sorry.

Although:

1. I do like Drama

2. Drama was recorded before Asia was started, and it's pretty clear (especially Downes's playing)

3. That dismal album was dismal for a reason.

• Like 1

CP was riding the popularity of RTB; plus it tapped into the grunge sound that - even by Oct. 19, 1993, had begun to crest.
  • Like 1

CP was riding the popularity of RTB; plus it tapped into the grunge sound that - even by Oct. 19, 1993, had begun to crest.

CP is better than RTB. But I enjoy both!

• Like 1

CP has a better sound and a much more focused effort. They should still unload Cut to the Chase and Alien Shore on us live.

CP has a better sound and a much more focused effort. They should still unload Cut to the Chase and Alien Shore on us live.

Yes, please!