At what time do you think Geddy had his best voice?

YYZumbi

43 members have voted

1. 1. When was Geddy's voice at the higest peak for you?

• Early 70s
    • Late 70s
    • Early 80s
    • Late 80s
    • Early 90s
    • Late 90s
    • Early 2000s
    • Late 00s
    • Early 2010s
    • Now

I must say late 90s, Around Counterparts Tour and Test For Echo Tour, then his voice was perfect.

He could still sing high, but he had more skills then what he had during the 70s.

Early to mid 80's. Geddy was a god on the Grace Under Pressure Tour album, and at this stage he still had most of the fire his voice had in the 70's, whatever wasn't killed by the Hemispheres Tour.

Counterparts-R30 was another great period for his voice. At this stage his voice was a well oiled machine, knowing the tricks of the trade, and he knew when to use his 70's voice and when to hold it back. Rush in Rio is a great vocal performance from Geddy.

Starting with Snakes and Arrows is when things started to go downhill, though he sounds fine when he stays in his range.

From Hemispheres through Presto, he was at his best and kept getting better. He was still good in the early nineties. After that, from what I have gathered listening to the bootlegs I have, he started having difficulties singing some of the songs from the seventies and eighties. Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2

The answer to this question generally at least I would think has more to do with when you became a fan than any other question. Even more so than what your favorite albums are etc. His voice is what drew me to the band to begin with in 76' and I stayed for the music.... Edited by Narpski
  • Like 4

Geddy's voice has always been magnificent. I was torn between late 70s and early 80s, but when it boils down to it, Geddy's stratospheric 70s vocals are just too good
  • Like 2

I would agree with Counterparts. He sounds really good on that album and it sounds like his voice had matured. I love the older higher pitched songs and I like the later more normal range stuff as well, at least up to and including S&Ns. They're all good.

His voice has always been good for the music they are making at the time. His 2000s voice wouldn't have suited the music that they where making in the 70s and 80s but his voice then wouldn't sit the music that they make now. It's all relative in my opinion to what songs he sings. Edited by LittleRushmonkey

His voice has always been good for the music they are making at the time. His 2000s voice wouldn't have suited the music that they where making in the 70s and 80s but his voice then wouldn't sit the music that they make now. It's all relative in my opinion to what songs he sings.

I put this thought in my original post as well but took it out. It would be interesting to think how Clockwork Angels would sound with young Geddy singing.

His voice has always been good for the music they are making at the time. His 2000s voice wouldn't have suited the music that they where making in the 70s and 80s but his voice then wouldn't sit the music that they make now. It's all relative in my opinion to what songs he sings.

I put this thought in my original post as well but took it out. It would be interesting to think how Clockwork Angels would sound with young Geddy singing.

It would sound like a raw young boy trying to sing like an old man.

It would sound like a raw young boy trying to sing like an old man.

So which would you prefer? Doesn't sound like you would like either one?

I'd say A Farewell To Kings through presto. That whole stretch is it for me.

Mick

:outtahere: ....

I in way endorse that edit...........yet.......give me time Narps.

Mick

Ok. Take your time. The greatness will click....
  • Like 2