Anyone here that doesn't like Hemispheres?

Lorraine

133 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Hemispheres?

You are not a true Rush-fan if you don't like Hemispheres!

But I do know people that does not like Hemispheres, but they don´t like Rush at all thou...

I hate all this "true fan" rubbish.

Segue, I was shocked to read it put that way too, but they did write that in the description for Hemispheres. Maybe the person that wrote up a description of each of the albums is a member here. ;)

What description? Where?

http://www.rush.com/...elease-in-2015/

That was poo.

I don't understand your comment.

If you click on that link, read the description for Hemispheres.

Pooey as in they used that manipulative phrase!

True fans like what they like without being enticed to "like" something.

I guess I am not a True Fan of the Beatles coz I only rate Sgt. Pepper a 6/10.

Maybe Zumbi works for Mercury Records. :)

Ha! I wish! :P

You'd drive us all away.

What you mean by that...?

It was a joke coz ur enthusiasm would be overwhelming! If you're bombastic just talking about them, I can imagine you working with them would be hilarious!

• Like 2

I like Hemispheres but I like Grace Under Pressure and Power Windows better.

A lot better.

Same.

• Like 1

:o :o :o :o :o

Youngsters.... :)

Youngsters? GUP and PoW are all older than me!

The only thing wrong with Hemispheres is that it is only 34-35 minutes long.

It's number two on my list, just behind COS.

• Like 3

I get that but there is something about living the 70's that just matters. I can't even explain it. The 80's stuff just seems much more palatable to the masses no matter the age of the individual. The 70's stuff just seems much more of a different style and not all folks tastes appreciate it. Young Ged. The voice etc.. :huh: Edited by Narpski
  • Like 2

Why does it seem like when people talk about hemispheres everyone hates it, but when there is a tread that asks if you like it, everyone loves it :P

P.S Hemispheres is my 2nd favorite album

The other day we were joking about hating it, but no one was really serious about not liking it. But if you didn't know we were joking, you would have thought we were serious.

• Like 1

Why does it seem like when people talk about hemispheres everyone hates it, but when there is a tread that asks if you like it, everyone loves it :P

P.S Hemispheres is my 2nd favorite album

The other day we were joking about hating it, but no one was really serious about not liking it. But if you didn't know we were joking, you would have thought we were serious.

I'm not good at taking jokes :P

I knew everyone liked Hemispheres

(Excluding Disk)

I get that but there is something about living the 70's that just matters. I can't even explain it. The 80's stuff just seems much more palatable to the masses no matter the age of the individual. The 70's stuff just seems much more of a different style and not all folks tastes appreciate it. Young Ged. The voice etc.. :huh:

But Rush are the only band of the sixties/seventies I love whose eighties work inspires me!

Fleetwood Mac doesn't count as Mirage sounds like a seventies release.

Of course I like Hemispheres but it's not my favorite 70's Rush Album. I like 2112 and COS much more.

I could totally understand Cygnus Book II not being everyone's jam but if you can't enjoy The Trees and La Villa Strangiato then you might need to hand in your Rush fan card :tsk:

• Like 2

:blah: We caught another fish. Sixteen (16) yes votes.

d_t_x showed up and added to the slaughter.... :madra: Edited by Narpski
  • Like 1

Of course I like Hemispheres but it's not my favorite 70's Rush Album. I like 2112 and COS much more.

I could totally understand Cygnus Book II not being everyone's jam but if you can't enjoy The Trees and La Villa Strangiato then you might need to hand in your Rush fan card :tsk:

:blah: Disk98, are you listening? Handing in your Rush fan card is serious business. Are you certain you don't want to rethink your position on Hemispheres?

:blah: Disk98, are you listening? Handing in your Rush fan card is serious business. Are you certain you don't want to rethink your position on Hemispheres?

I really think some moving testimony from Mick would really help. I hope he shows up and testifies on Hemispheres behalf. His transformation was so moving. I am in fact tearing up just a little posting this.... :boohoo:
  • Like 1

I really think some moving testimony from Mick would really help. I hope he shows up and testifies on Hemispheres behalf. His transformation was so moving. I am in fact tearing up just a little posting this.... :boohoo:

I'll send him a little note.

Just what I have always suspected.

Zumbi isn't a true Rush fan.

He changed his "yes" vote to "no." Or, on the other hand, maybe he doesn't want Disk98 to feel so alone. Misery enjoys company they say. :sarcastic:

Edited by Lorraine