Who would you spend a day with?

YYZumbi

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to spend a day with?

I honestly Would not want to meet any of em........i know me......and i would wind up telling them recent relases have been.....um.......kinda sucky. I stay away from meeting bands/artists i enjoy for that reason......i'm serious. I have no editing equipment, lol

Mick

I'd prefer not to meet my favorite musicians because I wouldn't have much to talk about

• Like 3

I honestly Would not want to meet any of em........i know me......and i would wind up telling them recent relases have been.....um.......kinda sucky. I stay away from meeting bands/artists i enjoy for that reason......i'm serious. I have no editing equipment, lol

Mick

I'd prefer not to meet my favorite musicians because I wouldn't have much to talk about

I met Lacuna Coil.

I want to do it again.

I want them to adopt me and let me sleep in a cage on their tourbus. Preferably under Cristina's bunk.

LC are that band for me.

If you get to meet a band, prepare in advance what you would like to say.

Mick

I met Lacuna Coil.

I want to do it again.

I want them to adopt me and let me sleep in a cage on their tourbus. Preferably under Cristina's bunk.

LC are that band for me.

I forgot to do that when I met Steven Wilson and that was a bit awkward

Mick

I met Lacuna Coil.

I want to do it again.

LC are that band for me.

I met Steven Wilson twice. The first time was at a record signing where I kept my cool and prepared a bit on what I wanted to say to him. The second time was after a show and I was starstruck for some reason. Anyway as soon as he finished signing my concert ticket and my deluxe edition TRTRTS album, I asked for a photo with him and as soon as I did that I had a brainfart moment where I asked him as he was about to visit the people on the other side of the barriers for no unexplainable reason, "Do you know Ingmar Bergman? If you do, what's your favorite movie of his?" :facepalm:

That moment still haunts me to this day :LOL:

Edited by PolarizeMe

Mick

I met Lacuna Coil.

I want to do it again.

LC are that band for me.

I met Steven Wilson twice. The first time was at a record signing where I kept my cool and prepared a bit on what I wanted to say to him. The second time was after a show and I was starstruck for some reason. Anyway as soon as he finished signing my concert ticket and my deluxe edition TRTRTS album, I asked for a photo with him and as soon as I did that I had a brainfart moment where I asked him as he was about to visit the people on the other side of the barriers for no unexplainable reason, "Do you know Ingmar Bergman? If you do, what's your favorite movie of his?" :facepalm:

That moment still haunts me to this day :LOL:

I told him, "your vocals in The Pin Drop is gorgeous"

SW: "Oh you mean the vocal harmonies?"

Me: "...yeah..., oh can you sign this? Thanks"

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/f4/d1/12/f4d1124776b6f0ef5de80decd2de0001.jpg

Although I am sure playing golf with Alex would be cool....I actually rather hang with Geddy and take in a baseball game and talk baseball. Geddy loves baseball. I love baseball. We would have plenty to talk about during a game.

Since motorcycling and single malt scotch are two of my favorite things I'm sure hanging with Neil would be fun though I know from his books he looks down on us Harley Davidson riders...a bit unfair as I rode sport bikes for 20 years and raced motorcross before that. Anyway it would be cool, I would rent a BMW GS since he would no doubt pick some gnarly roads. A full day of riding followed by the Maccallan...a pretty good day.

I would have chosen hanging with Alex or Geddy but not when it was contingent on golf and baseball...I think they're both about the most down to earth guys with a variety of interests and would not want to be limited to one topic. I know my wife would love a tour of Geddy's wine cellar!

Never mind them...I'd much rather spend the day with some of you guys :)

Hmmm....only some? :P

Well, not all at once, anyway...I'm not very good in crowds :unsure:

Never mind them...I'd much rather spend the day with some of you guys :)

Hmmm....only some? :P

Well, not all at once, anyway...I'm not very good in crowds :unsure:

Neither am I.

I meant some as in only certain ones. But yeah everyone here would be quite a large group.

So I would spend the day with Geddy, interviewing him on camera. Maybe have him give me a tour of his pad and collections of crap.

I choose Geddy because he is the most laid back, direct, and most insightful of the three. I could ask him pretty much anything about the other two and their perspectives and could probably get a reasonably accurate response.

Neil is pretty self-indulgent (which is fine) but he'd go on too many tangents that aren't related to the band (and a lot more time would be required to sift through this lengthy interview footage).

Alex would be fun, but he jokes around a little much and his insights are a little less reliable than the other two.

And I could probably coax Geddy into doing a couple acoustic songs on camera.

It is as if you read my mind. Geddy strikes me as the most balanced of the three between intellect, humor, and overall disposition. He tends to be the most diplomatic of the three in interviews, but is probably because of that balance. Plus, he and I share some common interests (mostly baseball, but also wine).

I would enjoy talking about some cerebral matters with Neil, but it would probably get old at some point.

Alex might be a little bit too much... kind of like hanging out with Will Ferrell in character all day. It could get exhausting!

I would go shunpiking with Neil for sure but I would love a sit down with Alex and his guitar and we jam OMG sweet!!!!

I would go shunpiking with Neil for sure but I would love a sit down with Alex and his guitar and we jam OMG sweet!!!!