Ticketmaster - a criminal organization......discuss

Syrinx

Slack Jaw we agree and disagree. All I am saying is tell it like it is TM. We are interested in getting maximum $ (understandable) so general public, don't expect that you have a real chance at good seats unless you pay big bucks - much higher than face value.

Why don't you complain about Ferrari squeezing out the "little guy"? If you want premium stuff, you may have to pay premium money.

And let's stop charging the little guys who sell above face value so it is a relatively even playing field.

Those are all local ordinances and have nothing to do with TM. Most cities have a bunch of money wrapped up in their local barn. They are trying to protect it.

And how about some more competition.

I'd be interested in a business like this, but you don't seem to believe it's OK to make money at it, so I wouldn't want you as a partner.

The biggest problem I see is that there is very little competition in that market. If there was another company that provided the same service as ticket master, the competition could steer TM from operating like the shyster that they are.
  • Like 2

Slack Jaw, I believe you're going out of your way to criticize syrinx. He said he didn't have a problem with capitalism, greed, etc. His beef is that we don't even have a chance to bid on the seats.

Those two points are not compatible. The chance to have the seats is to go to YYZfinity Wireless Arena and buy a luxury box or maybe just buy season tickets for their WNBA team. He wants premium goods for pedestrian prices.

(Have you read the thread title?)

Slack Jaw, I believe you're going out of your way to criticize syrinx. He said he didn't have a problem with capitalism, greed, etc. His beef is that we don't even have a chance to bid on the seats.

Those two points are not compatible. The chance to have the seats is to go to YYZfinity Wireless Arena and buy a luxury box or maybe just buy season tickets for their WNBA team. He wants premium goods for pedestrian prices.

Ok, so TM should show an interactive map of the arena showing which seats are and are not available to be bid on.

Ok, so TM should show an interactive map of the arena showing which seats are and are not available to be bid on.

If they want to. The evidence suggests they don't want to.

Plus, availability will likely change. There are probably entities with options to buy N tickets at P dollars. At a certain date those options expire and more tickets may or may not become available.

Plus, availability will likely change. There are probably entities with options to buy N tickets at P dollars. At a certain date those options expire and more tickets may or may not become available.

Likely, probably, and maybes are the problem. People simply want to know the truth and how they can bid on a seat. If T Bone Pickens gives $1,000,000 to Rush, and he gets 10000 seats at the arena, then they should tell everyone why those seats aren't up for grabs.

Likely, probably, and maybes are the problem. People simply want to know the truth and how they can bid on a seat. If T Bone Pickens gives $1,000,000 to Rush, and he gets 10000 seats at the arena, then they should tell everyone why those seats aren't up for grabs.

What other business do you demand to know their inventory management strategies? When I buy something, I only care what they have available and at what price. TM supplies that info pretty much like any other business.

I don't know what it is about this business that makes people feel entitled, but for some reason people seem to think they have some kind of right to information that is none of their business.

What other business do you demand to know their inventory management strategies? When I buy something, I only care what they have available and at what price. TM supplies that info pretty much like any other business.

I don't know what it is about this business that makes people feel entitled, but for some reason people seem to think they have some kind of right to information that is none of their business.

No, Slack Jaw, they don't tell you which seats are available. You're making a false statement to say otherwise.

Like I previously stated, entire rows ahead of me were completely empty during the show, but I wasn't given a chance to bid on them.

Yes, I agree with you that 2 tickets were offered and I had a choice to take them or not, but, TM clearly lied when it said those were "the best available" when it turned out that they weren't.

You mentioned entitlement. Welfare recipients feel entitled. It is not entitlement for people to want the opportunity to make a bid on a seat.

What if I get cancer and I only have 3 months to live and I want a front row seat to Rush. I might just outbid ole T Boon Pickens on that seat. I know that's a hyperbolic hypothetical, but I'm trying to make a point.

Slack Jaw - with regards to your last response to me...I give up. You continually avoid major points in my argument and twist others. I am convinced you work for TM - that is the only explanation.

No, Slack Jaw, they don't tell you which seats are available. You're making a false statement to say otherwise.

Like I previously stated, entire rows ahead of me were completely empty during the show, but I wasn't given a chance to bid on them.

Yes, I agree with you that 2 tickets were offered and I had a choice to take them or not, but, TM clearly lied when it said those were "the best available" when it turned out that they weren't.

You mentioned entitlement. Welfare recipients feel entitled. It is not entitlement for people to want the opportunity to make a bid on a seat.

What if I get cancer and I only have 3 months to live and I want a front row seat to Rush. I might just outbid ole T Boon Pickens on that seat. I know that's a hyperbolic hypothetical, but I'm trying to make a point.

Assuming an empty seat has no owner is like assuming an empty car has no owner.

I believe TM is taking large swaths of tickets and sellingthem on Tickets Now, or some other resell site, scalping their own tickets.

Why would you assume TM is doing that? Maybe the arena is doing that. If so, they have every right to sell tickets however they like. If TM is doing it, and it's allowable in their contract, they have every right to do it also. It certainly can't be called criminal without specific and detailed knowledge of the contracts. Edited by Slack jaw gaze

Assuming an empty seat has no owner is like assuming an empty car has no owner.

Good. And, they don't have to attend. However, would the fact that the seats are empty indicate that the seats may not have ggone to the highest bidder?

I believe TM is taking large swaths of tickets and sellingthem on Tickets Now, or some other resell site, scalping their own tickets.

Why would you assume TM is doing that? Maybe the arena is doing that. If so, they have every right to sell tickets however they like. If TM is doing it, and it's allowable in their contract, they have every right to do it also. It certainly can't be called criminal without specific and detailed knowledge of the contracts.

Very good. I can't argue with any of that. I thought the promoter made the tickets available, however, and Live Nation is the biggest promoter, which is now part of TicketMaster, indicating collusion, perhaps?