Yet another tour idea....

fraroc

Ok....This idea comes from the Styx Grand Illusion/Pieces of Eight tour they did back in 2010? Would you see a Grace Under Pressure/ Power Windows tour from Rush? I know I would!

1. YYZ/2112: The Temples of Syrinx

2. Tom Sawyer

3. Distant Early Warning

4. Afterimage

5. Red Sector A

6. The Enemy Within (Part 1 of Fear)

7. The Body Electric

8. Kid Gloves

9. Red Lenses

10. Between The Wheels

INTERMISSION

11. Subdivisions

12. Limelight

13. The Big Money

14. Grand Designs

15. The Manhattan Project

16. Marathon

17. Territories

18. Middletown Dreams

19. Emotion Detector

20. Mystic Rhythms/2112: The Grand Finale

ENCORE

21. The Spirit Of Radio

22. Witch Hunt (Part 3 of Fear)

23. Closer To The Heart

24. Finding My Way/ In The Mood

I've even though up of a "storyline" for the tour's videos. It centers around a kid, around 18 years old who is not a fan of Rush getting introduced to the band by one of his friends who gives him Grace Under Pressure and Power Windows on CD. After days of sitting on his shelf untouched, the kid finally breaks down, pops GUP in the family's stereo system, puts his Dr. Dre Beats on.....and that's when the video stops and the band cranks into Distant Early Warning.....After Limelight in the second set, we return to the kid who is absolutley amazed by Grace Under Pressure. He then puts in Power Windows, puts his Beats back on....and BAM! The band starts to play The Big Money. The background video for Mystic Rhythms will be based on the kid staring out his bedroom window at night and delving into his inner thoughts.....after the last "WE HAVE ASSUMED CONTROL" of the 2112 Finale, we hear the voice of a teenage kid saying. "Damn....that was amazing."

It certainly wouldn't be my first choice. Assuming Geddy (a major stretch) could still sing it, A Farewell To Kings/ Hemispheres would be miles better. Just my opinion of course....

Edit: I would still go to the one you suggest anyway obviously....

Edited by Narpski
  • Like 1

It certainly wouldn't be my first choice. Assuming Geddy (a major stretch) could still sing it, A Farewell To Kings/ Hemispheres would be miles better. Just my opinion of course....

Sure, I think nearly all of us would go.

I would love to see more early stuff done even instrument ally, because I don't think Geddy would even attempt to sing stuff like A Farewell to Kings an Hemispheres anymore (excepting maybe a couple of songs).

I think a Power Windows/Hold Your Fire set list would be outta sight, myself.

Sure, I think nearly all of us would go.

I would love to see more early stuff done even instrument ally, because I don't think Geddy would even attempt to sing stuff like A Farewell to Kings an Hemispheres anymore (excepting maybe a couple of songs).

I think a Power Windows/Hold Your Fire set list would be outta sight, myself.

Guess so. Maybe the majority of Rush fans would prefer such a thing. I now enjoy HYF 8/10 and Presto 7/11 but they would be far from my first choice. There has to be some large bones thrown to the old folks at some point.... :codger:
  • Like 3

What a stupid idea...

They have already played Power Windows on last tour, its enough with the 80's stuff now..

Again.... :sigh: Carry on
  • Like 1

What a stupid idea...

They have already played Power Windows on last tour, its enough with the 80's stuff now..

Why are you doing to others what you don't want them to do to you?

Wish I would have thought of that. A great way to live your life and post also seems to me. :goodone: ....
  • Like 1

What a stupid idea...

Wish I would have thought of that. A great way to live your life and post also seems to me. :goodone: ....

Well, it's true. If someone responded to him that way, he'd wouldn't like it.

Edited by Lorraine

What a stupid idea...

Agreed but I bet some other(s) won't but I really don't care anymore. Just gonna call a spade a spade. He wants to get along but continues to cause his own problems. I just don't get it. Whatever....

What a stupid idea...

that time of the month, eh?

the real zumbi would say "any rush are good rush yes! :D"

• Like 3

What a stupid idea...

The real Zumbi had stopped to post after annoncing he's the 2112 man. :outtahere:

Edit: Ups, I'll buy a vowel - the u :D

Edited by greyfriar
  • Like 2

What a stupid idea...

Agreed but I bet some other(s) won't but I really don't care anymore. Just gonna call a spade a spade. He wants to get along but continues to cause his own problems. I just don't get it. Whatever....

What kind of stupid judgemental post is that Narpski? ;)

Edited by savagegrace26

Wait, so is the kid listening to Rush albums, or Dr. Dre?

http://news.doddleme.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/beats-headphones.jpg

These are what I was talking about. Beats by Dr. Dre. It's a headphone brand.

The reason why I was so in detail was because I wanted to really set this up to seem like the story is revolving around this young teenage millenial; my age, maybe a little younger that is having his world blown open by this amazing band.

What a stupid idea...

What? All I said is that I don´t want more 80s stuff on next tour, because they played so much of it on Clockwork Angels Tour. What's wrong with that..?

Edited by YYZumbi
  • Like 1

What a stupid idea...

You are the one that should carry on...

• Like 1

What a stupid idea...

Ofcourse all Rush are good Rush, but I don't wanna see the same songs being played over and over again, now I wanna see some 70s songs and the best ones from the 90s (Cold Fire!!!)

• Like 1

What a stupid idea...

What kind of stupid judgemental post is that Narpski? ;)

Thank you Savage!

• Like 1

What a stupid idea...

You are the one that should carry on...

Keep calling people stupid and the things they post stupid. You're the one who wonders why you aren't liked by many. If you really care about it like you have said you do stopping that would certainly help. Just trying to help. If you don't want it that's fine too. Just do what you do and get the results you get. Einstein was right apparently... Edited by Narpski