Are these songs good?

savagegrace26

Are these songs good?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Is Red Tide a good song?

2. 2. Is Available Light a good song?

3. 3. Is Different Strings a good song?

What a stupid question...

Not sure if you are kidding or not but keep'in it real, these are the kinds of posts that make me wonder. I won't speak for others however....
  • Like 1

This poll is in response to this:

http://www.therushfo...20#entry3361927

me: Red Tide and Available Light are both excellent.

CygnusX-1Bk2: Um, no.

me: Um, yes.

CygnusX-1Bk2: If they are SO good they why were they never played live? Because even Rush know they aren't good songs. Same reason they don't play anything but Force Ten, Time Stand Still or Mission from HYF. They are funny that way.

And this regarding Different Strings:

http://www.therushfo...20#entry3361939

I guess I'm looking for external validation for my subjective opinions...

According to CygnusX-1Bk2 (man that's a pain to type) Rush apparently knows these songs are no good...that's why they don't play them...

And I guess everything from HYF (ecxept for F10, TSS, and Mission) are crap too...because Rush don't play 'em.

Edited by savagegrace26

Not sure if you are kidding or not but keep'in it real, these are the kinds of posts that make me wonder. I won't speak for others however....

Can you be more vague?

Probably not. I don't think it needs much explaining....

Can you be more vague?

Posts like that don't bother me. I think they're funny. Well when they're from Zumbi anyway. It's part of his character.

I even gave it a "like".

Edited by savagegrace26

Can you be more vague?

Posts like that don't bother me. I think they're funny. Well when they're from Zumbi anyway. It's part of his character.

I even gave it a "like".

That's fine and and its part of his character. Works for me....

Can you be more vague?

I even gave it a "like".

Some people are obviously more sensitive and more easily offended than others.

And it's obvious that I encourage that type of posting style.

And it is kind of a stupid question since these songs are all objectively good.

Can you be more vague?

I even gave it a "like".

Some people are obviously more sensitive and more easily offended than others.

And it's obvious that I encourage that type of posting style.

And it is kind of a stupid question since these songs are all objectively good.

Fine. He just wonders why he isn't universally liked and I was just pointing out the obvious. Out....Again 3 yes's from me Edited by Narpski

Savage, I think your force on Presto to us was a good thing. Im starting to grow more and more to Presto

Presto will always remain in the top tier of Rush albums for me, even if the band doesn't think so.

It's honestly the last album until Clockwork Angels that I liked every song from start to finish.

With regards to these songs, Available Light is one of Ged's finest moments as a vocalist.

Savage, I think your force on Presto to us was a good thing. Im starting to grow more and more to Presto

Presto will always remain in the top tier of Rush albums for me, even if the band doesn't think so.

It's honestly the last album until Clockwork Angels that I liked every song from start to finish.

With regards to these songs, Available Light is one of Ged's finest moments as a vocalist.

I noticed in general that his voice was especially good on this album.

I noticed in general that his voice was especially good on this album.

Yeah, his voice is smooth and silky on that one :)

As maligned as Rupert Hine is for his production (which I think is a bit much) - he is responsible for taking Ged into entirely new territory as a singer.

Ged has gone on to write some of his best melodies since then.