Terminator: Genisys - A Trailer for a Trailer

savagegrace26

Here's the official trailer. I'm totally there!

http://youtu.be/62E4FJTwSuc

My curiosity will probably get the better of me, but from this trailer it seems to me they messed too much with T2.

It seems to me that they're just copying Terminator 2. It's basically the same action scenes, the same type of evil terminator, the same battle tactics (shotguns...oh boy!), borrowed lines.....only now, the young Sarah Connor is a strong warrior instead of a scared helpless girl.

I'm not impressed. :no:

Here's the official trailer. I'm totally there!

http://youtu.be/62E4FJTwSuc

My curiosity will probably get the better of me, but from this trailer it seems to me they messed too much with T2.

It seems to me that they're just copying Terminator 2. It's basically the same action scenes, the same type of evil terminator, the same battle tactics (shotguns...oh boy!), borrowed lines.....only now, the young Sarah Connor is a strong warrior instead of a scared helpless girl.

I'm not impressed. :no:

Some of the settings were directly from Terminator 1, scene in the alley and in the store when she says "come with me if you want to live (which is a catchphrase that has been used in all of the films I think - havent scene Salvation), which I think is pretty cool. I guess it's going to be some kind of alternate time line kind of thing. Maybe similar to Back to the Future 2 where events are happening concurrently with the events that happened in T1.

This image I found is called "Terminator Genisys Kyle Reese in 1984 department store". So I guess it does takes place in 1984 then.

http://i0.wp.com/scifiempire.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Terminator-Genisys-Kyle-Reese-in-1984-department-store.jpg

Pass on all three....

Wha? The first one rules.

Never seen any Star Wars and not interested in start'in now...

Come on Narp! This a perfect time for you to get into science fiction! You can watch all of the Star Wars, Jurassic and Terminator films!!!

This will get you all primed up and ready for the big three films in 2015!!!

in this release order:

JURASSIC WORLD

TERMINATOR

STAR WARS

May The Force Be With You Narpski!

• Like 2

Pass on all three....

Come on Narp! This a perfect time for you to get into science fiction! You can watch all of the Star Wars, Jurassic and Terminator films!!!

in this release order:

JURASSIC WORLD

TERMINATOR

STAR WARS

I have seen Jurassic Park and most of the Terminator movies....

Pass on all three....

in this release order:

JURASSIC WORLD

TERMINATOR

STAR WARS

There ... better ;)

• Like 1

Hmmm. Seems both interesting and generic at the same time. Acting looks a little iffy. Look is a little too "bright" or something.

Yeah when she says "Come with me if you want to live" it sounds cheesy and shittily-acted.

The Terminator series should be way way above the likes of generic ass. I hope they don't f**k this up!!

On second viewing it could be just any alley and any clothing store. But the look does remind me of the original Terminator.

it's definitely the same alley and clothing store from T-1 but the timeline has been altered by all the time traveling. that's how Sarah knows Reese is going to arrive there and shows up all bad ass n stuff..

Hmmm. Seems both interesting and generic at the same time. Acting looks a little iffy. Look is a little too "bright" or something.

Yeah when she says "Come with me if you want to live" it sounds cheesy and shittily-acted.

The Terminator series should be way way above the likes of generic ass. I hope they don't f**k this up!!

It will be such a pity if this one sucks.

Count me in with the party that won't be wasting money on this sham of a movie. I saw Terminator Salvation and honestly can't remember anything memorable.

They're only ruining the legacy of the first 2 films at this point but because it's a different director I doubt they even care, it's all about the $$$

• Like 1

It will be such a pity if this one sucks.

I will bet that it will.

Okay, so apparently this movie f***ing sucks which is terrible.

Still, I'm taking my daughter to see it tonight because it'll be the first time she'll get to see AHNULD on the big screen.

That alone (and maybe a mega popcorn or something) should make it worthwhile.

Pleasantly surprised! Of course it wasn't anywhere near 1 or 2, but I'd probably put it above 3 and Salvation.

AHNULD was awesome, but I'm really biased. The girl playing Sarah Connor did a pretty good job I'd say. I read reviews (reader reviews, that is, as almost all the professional critic reviews say this is terrible) and some said she channels Edward Furlong more than Linda Hamilton and I suppose that's pretty accurate. Too bad Furlong is such a crackhead now, it would've been great to have him play John Connor again.

BUT the guy who played Kyle Reese was very bland and it sucked because he's such an important character. Michael Beihn's performance is miles and miles beyond this guy's. It's just not even close at all. Plus this new guy is too jacked to play Reese. One of the cool things I liked in T1 was that they basically sent this regular guy back to try and stop a killing machine that he could in no way ever stop. I don't know, maybe it's just me.

They even re-created some of the scenes from T1 in some interesting new ways. I thought that was pretty cool.

And yes, the trailers spoil almost everything important that happens in the movie. Maybe Hollywood will learn one day. No, no they won't.

I'd give it a 5/10.

I was pleasantly surprised after seeing this, going in with low expectations... it actually turned out to be alright.

The action scenes and CGI were beyond awesome and the storyline held up alright once it got moving.

The only negatives were some cheesy dialogue and the need to revisit so many scenes from T1 & Judgement Day.

7/10

• Like 1

I'm done with the terminator franchise. I'll skip this one. maybe if its on cable....

I gave up halfway through the fourth one.

The first two are enough to keep me happy! Alongside the first two Alien movies, my favourite sci-fi films of that era (alongside Blade Runner).

Wow this movie is getting a bad rap. The GF and I went and saw it yesterday and both enjoyed it very much. Nothing mind blowing but a solid summer blockbuster type movie. Recommended if you are a fan of the first two.
  • Like 2

Wow this movie is getting a bad rap. The GF and I went and saw it yesterday and both enjoyed it very much. Nothing mind blowing but a solid summer blockbuster type movie. Recommended if you are a fan of the first two.

I saw it a few days ago and I have to agree. It's way better than I expected and blows away 3 and 4.