Did alex go too far with his rant on RHOF??

nicky6

Ok i can see starting out with it, but i think he went way too far and embarrsed neil and geddy too. He could have started out with it and then gave a little speech. totally not digging that. Iam sure most people didn't get the joke. but the joke went too far.. grow up dude! Edited by nicky6

Ok i can see starting out with it, but i think he went way too far and embarrsed neil and geddy too. He could have started out with it and then gave a little speech. totally not digging that. Iam sure most people didn't get the joke. but the joke went too far.. grow up dude!

Before you tell someone to grow up at least write as an adult. :)

• Like 7

Ok i can see starting out with it, but i think he went way too far and embarrsed neil and geddy too. He could have started out with it and then gave a little speech. totally not digging that. Iam sure most people didn't get the joke. but the joke went too far.. grow up dude!

Leave.

I highly doubt it's even possible to embarrass Geddy Lee and Neil Peart in that building!

No they were behind him cracking jokes about clubbing him and dragging him off stage, I love that! You can even read their lips in the video.. No Ged and Neil respect Alex too much to get embarrassed and respect the hall too little to get embarassed.

• Like 3

People give too much credit to the R&RHoF. They're not like the Oscars or the Emmys. It's a museum, that is all. Marketing, it's all marketing. :)
  • Like 6

Double post. Move along nothing to see here.. ;) Edited by MMCXII

true rush heads will all agree with his speel, but outsiders will think that was goofy..

Here's a few words of wisdom from an old lady to help you get through your life much better.

What other people think about something you happen to like is of no consequence and should never affect you at all.

• Like 6

People who aren't familar with Alex may come away from that thinking he's an idiot, an asshole, or both.

I'm sure he'd be fine with that.

If anyone from Rush really gave a shit about what people outside of our little click thought of them, I think their music may have sounded quite different. I'm sure Alex doesn't give a shit.
  • Like 2

My initial reaction was negative, as was Geddy's and Neil's

Geddy: "I had no idea he was doing that," Lee said. "Let me go on the record to say he didn't tell us he was doing that. In fact, I know he had a whole other speech planned. Neil [Peart, drums] and I thought he had lost his marbles when he was talking. You can see the look on our faces behind him going, 'What the f**k is he doing?' And of course, we couldn't see him act it all out. We just kept hearing, 'blah blah blah blah blah.'

"I don't know what his pure intent was, but I think it was more a knock on speeches, the whole process of the Hall Of Fame induction thing."

Lee continued: "He's a mental case. And he's genuinely one of the funniest people you would ever meet in your life. But I wanted to kill him at the three-minute mark. Neil and I were threatening to knock him on the head and drag him offstage."

But, after about 3- seconds, his acting and mimicking drew me in, combine that with what we know about his sense of humour (remember the rants) and I love it now.

• Like 3

My initial reaction was negative, as was Geddy's and Neil's

Geddy: "I had no idea he was doing that," Lee said. "Let me go on the record to say he didn't tell us he was doing that. In fact, I know he had a whole other speech planned. Neil [Peart, drums] and I thought he had lost his marbles when he was talking. You can see the look on our faces behind him going, 'What the f**k is he doing?' And of course, we couldn't see him act it all out. We just kept hearing, 'blah blah blah blah blah.'

"I don't know what his pure intent was, but I think it was more a knock on speeches, the whole process of the Hall Of Fame induction thing."

Lee continued: "He's a mental case. And he's genuinely one of the funniest people you would ever meet in your life. But I wanted to kill him at the three-minute mark. Neil and I were threatening to knock him on the head and drag him offstage."

But, after about 3- seconds, his acting and mimicking drew me in, combine that with what we know about his sense of humour (remember the rants) and I love it now.

Hey, ES! Good to see you! :cheers:

People who aren't familar with Alex may come away from that thinking he's an idiot, an asshole, or both.

I'm sure he'd be fine with that.

If anyone from Rush really gave a shit about what people outside of our little click thought of them, I think their music may have sounded quite different. I'm sure Alex doesn't give a shit.

And that's pretty much what I said.

Did you miss the "I'm sure he'd be fine with that"?