2014-15 Hot Stove League

laughedatbytime

A's trade Donaldson to Jays for Lawrie, P Kendall Graverman, two prospects. Barreto is an 18 yo, stats look great at that age.

The Athletics have dealt third baseman Josh Donaldson to the Blue Jays for third baseman Brett Lawrie and pitcher Kendall Graveman, according to FoxSports.com. CBSSports.com Baseball Insider Jon Heyman has confirmed the deal.

Pitcher Sean Nolin and shortstop Franklin Barreto are also heading to Oakland, according to Yahoo! The 28-year-old Donaldson is entering his first year of arbitration. He's under team control until 2019. Lawrie is also entering his first year of arbitration, but will become a free-agent in 2018. Lawrie is entering his age-25 season. Graveman sky-rocketed through Toronto's farm system last year, jumping multiple levels. The 23-year-old posted a 1.83 ERA in 27 starts over four levels. He made his major-league debut as well, coming out of the bullpen five times at the end of the year.

The 24-year-old Nolin posted a 3.43 ERA over three levels in the minors last season. He tossed one inning in the majors last season, giving up one run. The 18-year-old Barreto hit .311/.384/.481 over 328 at-bats in Class A ball.

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasybaseball/update/24847605

A's trade Donaldson to Jays for Lawrie, P Kendall Graverman, two prospects. Barreto is an 18 yo, stats look great at that age.

The Athletics have dealt third baseman Josh Donaldson to the Blue Jays for third baseman Brett Lawrie and pitcher Kendall Graveman, according to FoxSports.com. CBSSports.com Baseball Insider Jon Heyman has confirmed the deal.

Pitcher Sean Nolin and shortstop Franklin Barreto are also heading to Oakland, according to Yahoo! The 28-year-old Donaldson is entering his first year of arbitration. He's under team control until 2019. Lawrie is also entering his first year of arbitration, but will become a free-agent in 2018. Lawrie is entering his age-25 season. Graveman sky-rocketed through Toronto's farm system last year, jumping multiple levels. The 23-year-old posted a 1.83 ERA in 27 starts over four levels. He made his major-league debut as well, coming out of the bullpen five times at the end of the year.

The 24-year-old Nolin posted a 3.43 ERA over three levels in the minors last season. He tossed one inning in the majors last season, giving up one run. The 18-year-old Barreto hit .311/.384/.481 over 328 at-bats in Class A ball.

http://fantasynews.c...update/24847605

Man, I hate to see Brett Lawrie go... he's a bulldog, a Canadian and was one of my fave Jays. My son says Josh Donaldson is good

http://fantasynews.c...update/24847605

Man, I hate to see Brett Lawrie go... he's a bulldog, a Canadian and was one of my fave Jays. My son says Josh Donaldson is good

He is. A solid hitter, and just wait until you see what he does in the field!

Chicago baseball should be exciting next year!

Maybe they'll still be playing for something in July this year.

• Like 1

Liriano resigns with Pirates 3 yrs 39 mil. Thats a lot of money for the pirates, but nowadays crummy veterans with 4.98 ERAs seem to get 8 mil a year. Ill take it, glad we moved quickly after Lester got signed, he could have been some other teams consolation prize

Lester to the Cubs, 6 years, $155 million. Things are coming together...maybe even abit early. :)

That is a great move, I did not think they would pull it off. I still think they are #3 in the division , but heading in the right direction

Lester to the Cubs, 6 years, $155 million. Things are coming together...maybe even abit early. :)

That is a great move, I did not think they would pull it off. I still think they are #3 in the division , but heading in the right direction

I don't know about 3- Milwaukee and cincy still have some talent. I think it's safe to say much more competitive

I don't know about 3- Milwaukee and cincy still have some talent. I think it's safe to say much more competitive

They do, but a lot of question marks as well. But if the bats do no come thorugh, Castro/Rizzo regress, and of course injuries they could easily #5. In any case, finally something to look forward to beyond September callups. Unlike last year, there will be no debate this year in renewing by MLB @Bat subscription

• Like 2

Marty McFly is cooking something up. :LOL: From personal experience, Maddon is a good choice since he was my team's bench coach before his TB gig. Hell, I prefer him over Scioscia to be honest.

At least my Angels won't have to deal with him save the occasional interleague game. Sucks that Kung Fu Panda switched leagues so they have to face him a lot now.

Getting out bid by Theo probably means that Cherington actually won.

• Like 1

Supposedly LA has a lot of middle infielders in the farm system. I think they are looking at Rollins as a stop gap. But dropping Gordon takes a way a ton of SBs and speed

Dodgers were busy today. Traded Dee Gordon to Miami and traded for Jimmy Rollins

My Angels got one Butera from your team as backup for Ianetta this week. I hear he can throw to 2nd well. :cool: Too bad he's another Jeff Mendoza Mathis when it comes to hitting after seeing his stats on baseball-reference.com. :banghead:

Edited by invisible airwave

Getting out bid by Theo probably means that Cherington actually won.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah5gAkna3jI

Yes. I'm jealous of the Cubs' success. And long term contracts to pitchers over 30 work out great historically.

Lester was good and sometimes great pitcher for the Sox. I hope he enjoyed the 2007 and 2013 championships.