Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Official Teaser Trailer)

Principled Man

Lots of controversy around the light saber already.

It's not supposed to be any sort of religious symbol, It's a cross-guard. I'm pretty sure it's purpose (among other things) is so when the blades clash, if the enemy's sword is to slide down, the guard will catch the blade preventing your hand/hands from getting sliced. It's made of plasma simply in order to counter the plasma of the opponent's saber.

But looking again, there's two extra cylinders to provide power for it, which the opponent's saber would just slice through... So that's faulty design.

The "controversy" is actually just petty whining by some fans who expect everything to be exactly the same as the previous films. :boo hiss:

• Like 1

The "controversy" is actually just petty whining by some fans who expect everything to be exactly the same as the previous films. :boo hiss:

Well it apparently was done in Space Balls o.O

Ok, a little perspective.

One, you do know this is a TEASER right? Teasers are there not to convey a coherent story narrative but to titillate with random visual bits. A full blown trailer, one that you're likely to see in May in front of The Avengers, will have a fuller story arc, dialogue, and a more complete narrative. Do know that there's a difference and that that's it.

Also keep in mind they finished filming like...three weeks ago. It's a minor miracle there's enough finished shots to even make a 30 second teaser at this point, not to mention nearly 90 seconds worth.

Edited by Presto-digitation
  • Like 2

"One, you do know this is a TEASER right?  Teasers are there not to convey a coherent story narrative but to titillate with random visual bits."

No shit but they could've gave better hints instead of the bunch of shit they threw in this one. As far as I'm concerned it's a weak and disappointing teaser. Was this awesme and impressive? F*ck no. Just because it's Star Wars doesn't mean they don't have to make an effort, especially after the prequel disappointment. A teaser can convey more without revealing the story. This teaser was weak. Nothing in it intrigues or makes me even interested in seeing more. Some black guy, a stupid looking droid, some girl on a stupid looking bike...eh. A teaser should "tease" you in a way to grip you so you you're intrigued and fascinated. This does nothing other than make me think this movie is going to suck.

Does anyone die in it?

Snape kills Dumbledore.

And then the Hulk slams Voldemort on the ground several times and mocks his dead body....."Puny Dark Lord".....

• Like 2

Ok, a little perspective.

One, you do know this is a TEASER right? Teasers are there not to convey a coherent story narrative but to titillate with random visual bits. A full blown trailer, one that you're likely to see in May in front of The Avengers, will have a fuller story arc, dialogue, and a more complete narrative. Do know that there's a difference and that that's it.

Also keep in mind they finished filming like...three weeks ago. It's a minor miracle there's enough finished shots to even make a 30 second teaser at this point, not to mention nearly 90 seconds worth.

Personally, I don't need any more info. I'd much rather stay 99% in the dark about the new film.

Just this little trailer has me pumped up and ready to go see it. :dweez: The improved visual effects alone have me hooked!

• Like 1

"Also keep in mind they finished filming like...three weeks ago."

Also this. There was absolutely o reason to rush out a half-assed teaser when the release is still a year away.

I'd agree with this. Guessing Disney was insistent about rolling some morsel for the holiday. Point is, I wouldn't read too much into it at this point.

I'm 46 and I've seen every Star Wars film in the theater. I've collected every fuckking figure since 1995.

Let the haters hate.

I love the light saber with three blades. Kind of ironic that it's a Sith saber with a Christian cross metaphor.

Give me a fuckking break.

Sure I'm a fan boi so I will take my lumps. This teaser trailer was AMAZING! When the voice says "and the light" and the Falcon shoots up into space I had a few tears well up in my blown away eyes.

The X-Wings flying over water. The Stormtroopers are so much better than the Clonetroopers.

So much for Disney fuckking up this franchise.

I hear Lucas is still helping on the writing.

I can fuckking wait for this movie.

It will be the next greatest movie since "Interstellar."

MAY THE FARCE BE WITH YOU HATERS!

Go grab you Jar Jar Binks blow up dolls and shoot blanks to that small moon. "That's not a moon, that's a space station"

:moon: