2014 - 2015 NBA Season thread

RushCanuck

Pretty cool interactive map of NBA fans by county. Too damned many Laker fans though.

http://espn.go.com/b...s?ex_cid=espnFB

In keeping with Atlanta sports fandom, the Hawks actually have less of a following than the Lakers in their home county.

Edited by laughedatbytime

This thread is only up to three pages? No wonder I don't check this section!! All I care about are my WARRIORS BABY!!!!!

Glad I started a thread for them! THEY RULE!!!!

It seems not too many Rush fans follow the NBA (or at least they don't post about it)... wait until March madness, there will be lots of basketball posts. (in another thread) However, I caught the NBA fever and I'm in!!! I'll be posting here.

Welcome back to Raptor Demar Derozan who's healed up from his freaky groin injury at the end of November. Raptors need him so they can get back on their winning ways since they've been floundering last few games

Enjoy the ride with the Warriors - they are truly impressive.

In every cloud, there is a silver lining.

NEWPORT BEACH, CA—Following the Lakers shooting guard’s surgery to repair a torn Achilles tendon, Kobe Bryant’s family and friends told reporters Friday that they are really looking forward to spending the next nine months with the NBA superstar as he recuperates from the season-ending injury.

“I couldn’t be more excited about this,” said Bryant’s sister Shaya, who like all of the athlete’s family members and close personal acquaintances expressed joy about the chance to keep the sidelined basketball star company during his rehabilitation. “It’s unfortunate that Kobe’s so banged up, but my brother’s such a pleasure to be around that I’m sure these next few months will just fly by. And I’m looking forward to every single second of it.”

“I honestly can’t think of anyone else I’d rather spend multiple hours a day with for the next year than Kobe Bryant,” Shaya continued.

With Bryant facing a strenuous post-surgical recovery, the people close to the Lakers captain reportedly voiced their unfettered enthusiasm about spending quality time with the future Hall of Famer in the coming months.

Bryant’s agent, parents, personal assistant, and two daughters, who described themselves as “unbelievably lucky,” confirmed that they couldn’t wait to “just hang out” with the hobbled All-Star and enjoy “delightful” activities such as preparing meals for the shooting guard, running his errands, and making conversation with him during his extended downtime.

Family and friends expressed their elation at perpetually tending to the injured Lakers star’s every need as he recoups from his tendon tear, rejoicing over the opportunity to take Bryant to doctor’s appointments, help him up and down the stairs of his Newport Beach mansion, and guide him through his physical therapy exercises.

While family and friends admitted that the assistance would be physically and emotionally grueling, they said that Bryant would doubtlessly show his appreciation for their tireless efforts.

“Obviously, Kobe is pretty upset about having sustained such a serious injury in the twilight of his career, but I’m sure he’ll be very accepting of our help,” said Bryant’s next-door neighbor Glen Howell, adding that his good friend will require his constant attention and support over the next several months. “Some people might get defensive about this kind of thing, but Kobe’s such a positive, kind-hearted guy that there’s no way he would think about venting his frustrations on those who care about him.”

“That’s just not the Kobe I know,” Howell continued.

Though Bryant’s recovery period will reportedly allow many people in his life to experience the pure bliss that reportedly comes in basking in his presence, none stand to benefit more than Bryant’s wife, Vanessa, who said that her husband’s lengthy convalescence would provide her a unique opportunity to reconnect with the man who has played such a special role in her life.

“Kobe’s been the light of my world for 13 years now, but as amazing as it is to be married to him, it’s always difficult when he leaves for games and road trips,” said Vanessa, who emphasized that she cherishes “every waking moment” spent with her husband. “But now, and for the foreseeable future, Kobe’s going to be the first thing I see when I get up in the morning and the last thing I see when I go to bed. He’s going to be a constant presence in our home, and I’ll be there with him every step of the way, on call to meet his every need, every single day, for nine magical months.”

“It’s really going to be something else,” Vanessa added.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/family-friends-really-looking-forward-to-next-9-mo,32122/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_campaign=LinkPreview:NA:InFocus

5th win in a row for the Raptors tonight - an OT victory in Brooklyn. :clap: Looks like the Raps are back on track. :dweez: There were many Raptors fans in Brooklyn, which is nice to see.

Basketball is a great sport. These guys are real athletes, they don't wear any padding like football or hockey players, and it can get physical. Amazing!

I like the ally oop, three pointers that swish without hitting the rim, the home crowd beating the thunder sticks when the visitors shoot free throws, and the DE-FENSE cheers.

6 wins in a row for the Raptors, another OT win versus Washington. :cheerleader: They need to work on closing the deal in regulation time. 5 game home stretch next on the agenda.. Again, there were many Raptors fans in the Washington audience.
  • Like 1

WE THE NOOOOOOOORTH!!!!!

Down 10-30 to the Clippers, the Raptors have gone on a tear to end the 3rd quarter up 16! That's a 36 point swing for the mathematically challenged.

(I hope I didn't jinx them with this post...)

• Like 1

WE THE NOOOOOOOORTH!!!!!

Down 10-30 to the Clippers, the Raptors have gone on a tear to end the 3rd quarter up 16! That's a 36 point swing for the mathematically challenged.

How big a swing is it for the non-mathematically challenged? :huh:

WE THE NOOOOOOOORTH!!!!!

The Raptors always start at 7:30 pm EST but this game got moved up to 7:00 for US tv coverage... the glutes don't activate until 7:30 pm LOL

WE THE NOOOOOOOORTH!!!!!

they only scored 7 points between 7 and 7:30 and were trailing by up to 20.

• Like 1

WE THE NOOOOOOOORTH!!!!!

N = I(10-30)I + I(95-79)I

WE THE NOOOOOOOORTH!!!!!

N = I(10-30)I + I(95-79)I

Very nice...

Golden State still hanging onto the league's best record, but only a couple of games ahead of the Hawks. Cleveland is back on track, it seems. The big story...will the Clippers miss making the cut for the playoffs now that Griffin is out????

Meanwhile in Left Coast action, Golden State is handing it to San Antonio.

This is so completely off the hook it's not even funny. Warriors are running away with it. The Spurs looked totally shell shocked by the end of the game. Like,who the F(*^ are these guys!!! Never seen anything like this in my sports fan life, even better than the A's 20 game win streak. I just hope this style of play holds in the playoffs.

• Like 1

That was such a great year!! Yeah I my have been hedging bit there.

Ok, it's on par with that, but the jury is still out on the totality of what is going on in Oaktown right now. I work in Alameda and everyone is sporting Dubs gear. So it's odd on that level. I've been a huge fan since about 1981,when they weren't that good, but they had ton of heart if not the talent.

• Like 1