2014 - 2015 NBA Season thread

RushCanuck

With basketball, they play music while they are defending or trying to score.

Yeah, and it's usually shitty music, too.

I haven't seen all the NBA arenas yet, but right now the organist in Atlanta is the worst for me. There's a lot of hip hop being played, I get a chuckle out of that.

I haven't been to a game in 15 years. The last one I remember C+C Music Factory was featured prominently. It's not the reason I haven't been back, but it's one reason I haven't missed it.

The last NBA game I went to was in Salt Lake to watch Stockton-Malone take on the Admiral.

With basketball, they play music while they are defending or trying to score.

Yeah, and it's usually shitty music, too.

I haven't seen all the NBA arenas yet, but right now the organist in Atlanta is the worst for me. There's a lot of hip hop being played, I get a chuckle out of that.

I haven't been to a game in 15 years. The last one I remember C+C Music Factory was featured prominently. It's not the reason I haven't been back, but it's one reason I haven't missed it.

The last NBA game I went to was in Salt Lake to watch Stockton-Malone take on the Admiral.

That's no match for DC vs the Big Dog

http://www.briancuban.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/coleman-si-230x300.jpg

• Like 1

The Raptors beat Detroit tonight. It was a home game for the Pistons, but the announcers called it a Raptors home game as there appeared to be more Raptors fans there. One thing I really like about the Raptors is the team chemistry. They say they are family, and there doesn't seem to be big egos on the team. WE THE NORTH!!!

Raptors beat the Knicks and are leading the Eastern Conference with a record of 22 - 6. The Air Canada center will be occupied with the world junior hockey tournament for the next 2 plus weeks. So the Raptors have an upcoming 6 game road trip against some tough opponents.. (Chicago, LA Clippers, Denver, Portland, Golden State and Phoenix.) Good luck, guys, We the North! :madra:

The Raptors rebound from Monday night's loss to the Bulls with a solid win against the Clippers today. Toronto is still leading the Eastern Conference at 23-7, despite 2 key injuries. Kyle Lowery is Toronto's 'baby faced assassin' and is a team leader. Next stop is Denver tomorrow night to face the Nuggets. :cheerleader:

My Raptors lost in OT to Portland last night. It was a real battle and almost seemed like playoff intensity. Portland came on in the 4th quarter and sank too many 3 pointers... :sigh:

One thing I get a kick out of... when the visitors are shooting free throws, the end zone home crowd beat the thunder sticks together in an effort to distract the concentration of the free throwing player... seems to be allowed in every arena... kind of surprising actually.

The Raptors and the Wizards are playing exceptional ball this early in this long season. It would be interesting to see a team from Canada to win the championship like back in the day when the Blue Jays took 2 WS.
  • Like 1

The Raptors and the Wizards are playing exceptional ball this early in this long season. It would be interesting to see a team from Canada to win the championship like back in the day when the Blue Jays took 2 WS.

I think Canada would go absolutely nuts if the Raptors win the NBA Championship!!!

It's impossible to buy a ticket for a Raptors game anymore this season (unless you go 3rd party like StubHub). They are already selling for next year. I am going to Detroit to see the Raptors in the spring since I can't see them in Toronto.

I was watching a Leafs hockey game earlier this season and the Leafs were loosing... the fans were chanting 'Let's go Raptors'.

• Like 1

I think Canada would go absolutely nuts if the Raptors win the NBA Championship!!!

It's impossible to buy a ticket for a Raptors game anymore this season (unless you go 3rd party like StubHub). They are already selling for next year. I am going to Detroit to see the Raptors in the spring since I can't see them in Toronto.

I was watching a Leafs hockey game earlier this season and the Leafs were loosing... the fans were chanting 'Let's go Raptors'.

Lol now that's funny. Well you know people they tend to stray towards the winning team. I've been to Blue Jays games in the past when it was called Skydome. However is it a long drive to Detriot from the Toronto area?

Lol now that's funny. Well you know people they tend to stray towards the winning team. I've been to Blue Jays games in the past when it was called Skydome. However is it a long drive to Detriot from the Toronto area?

Around 4 hours plus crossing the border from Toronto to Detroit. Could be less if you speed, lol. Will be around 2 hours for me as I live half way between Toronto and Detroit.

Kool enjoy the game the Raptors are looking fierce. It will be some time before the Celtics will be of any serious competition for a championship.

Warriors still holding onto the best record in the NBA. Meanwhile, the Lakwers are stinking it up and the Knicks are even worse. Glad to see that. I have a personal connection to Mike D'Antoni, and he took a lot of grief as coach of those two organizations. It wasn't the coach. Two inflated egos and contracts, one in New York for an uncoachable ring-less ball hog in Carmelo Anthony, and another in LA for an aged, crippled ball hog with five rings.

Now Mike's getting a paid vacation, while his older brother, Dan, a former asst. coach with the Lakers, is now head coach at Marshall.

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

Warriors still holding onto the best record in the NBA. Meanwhile, the Lakwers are stinking it up and the Knicks are even worse. Glad to see that. I have a personal connection to Mike D'Antoni, and he took a lot of grief as coach of those two organizations. It wasn't the coach. Two inflated egos and contracts, one in New York for an uncoachable ring-less ball hog in Carmelo Anthony, and another in LA for an aged, crippled ball hog with five rings.

Now Mike's getting a paid vacation, while his older brother, Dan, a former asst. coach with the Lakers, is now head coach at Marshall.

very interesting.... nothing like big egos to mess up a team... it's not always the coach who's the problem

End of third. Not a good quarter for my team. Warriors lead 97-84. Sigh. My blood pressure is taking a hit. Warriors are a very good team.

They are the real deal. The only question is whether their defense is strong enough to win it all.

Congrats to the Warriors for beating the Raptors. We'll have to return the favor when the Warriors play in our barn.

Wee, the North. ;)

I like your chances on your home court.

• Like 1

Raptors are done their lengthy road trip and are finally back home. They need to stop their 3 game loosing streak and start winning again! Next game Thursday night. :cheerleader: Congrats to Raptor Kyle Lowery, the NBA Eastern Conference player of the month for December. :clap: Let's go Raptors!