2014 - 2015 NBA Season thread

RushCanuck

Here is the official launch of the 2014-2015 NBA Season thread. There's a few TRF members who follow the NBA, so we'll see how far this thread goes.

As for me, I was not a fan and didn't watch until last week when I saw the Toronto Raptors destroy the Milwaukee Bucks. I've caught the fever and now I'm in love with the 13 - 2 Raptors... WE THE NORTH! :madra: :cheerleader:

Raptors lose 104 - 100 to the Mavericks... it wasn't their night... too many missed free throws and 17 turnovers didn't help... Now it's onto the West Coast for 3 games. WE THE NORTH!!

Are you gonna post 2 more times before I go to bed? I don't want to miss the glory and celebration.... :cheers: :)

Raptors lose 104 - 100 to the Mavericks... it wasn't their night... too many missed free throws and 17 turnovers didn't help... Now it's onto the West Coast for 3 games. WE THE NORTH!!

Are you gonna post 2 more times before I go to bed? I don't want to miss the glory and celebration.... :cheers: :)

Sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite, won't happen tonight...

• Like 1

Sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite, won't happen tonight...

:D Will do but don't respond to this post then. Good night....

Bad news for the Raptors, but worse news for Mrs. DeRozan.

DeMar DeRozan will be out several weeks with a torn tendon in his groin.

• Like 1

Bad news for the Raptors, but worse news for Mrs. DeRozan.

DeMar DeRozan will be out several weeks with a torn tendon in his groin.

:laughing guy: .....

Philadelphia 76ers are 0 - 17.... I bet their fans are not showing brotherly love...

First win of the year for the 76ers, now 1 - 17

Yeah, they won here last night. Wonder what the attendance was for that game...

How about Kobe and the Lakers last night? The day after Kobe's outrageous profanty-laden rant at practice he rolls into San Antone and gets the win in overtime...with nine assists!

Great theater!

The Eastern conference leading Raptors have captured many Canadian fans!!! Yes indeed. WE THE NORTH!

Jan. 2 they go against the Warriors. We should have a viewing party!
  • Like 1

The Eastern conference leading Raptors have captured many Canadian fans!!! Yes indeed. WE THE NORTH!

Yes, that should be a good one... Hopefully DeMar is all healed up and playing for the Raptors... they miss him... I plan to watch it, although I may need to brew some coffee as it will be late for this east coaster...

• Like 1

Yes, that should be a good one... Hopefully DeMar is all healed up and playing for the Raptors... they miss him... I plan to watch it, although I may need to brew some coffee as it will be late for this east coaster...

Yet another great reason to live out west! I don't know how y'all stay up and watch night games past midnight!
  • Like 1

Yet another great reason to live out west! I don't know how y'all stay up and watch night games past midnight!

With DVRs, the West Coast is the place to live for the sports fan. Early games can be taped and you don't have to worry about missing the start. NFL games that start at 10 AM and finish by 8:30 has to be awesome too.

• Like 1

Woo Hoo, the Raptors are 20 - 6 and still lead the Eastern Conference. :dweez: I am enjoying watching basketball.

One contrast that sticks out for me is no fan is allowed to move or make noise when a golfer is about to take a stroke. With basketball, they play music while they are defending or trying to score.

Caught the first half of GSW versus Memphis on Tuesday night. Memphis won and halted the GSW win streak at 16. But, both of these teams are impressive.

With basketball, they play music while they are defending or trying to score.

Yeah, and it's usually shitty music, too.

I haven't seen all the NBA arenas yet, but right now the organist in Atlanta is the worst for me. There's a lot of hip hop being played, I get a chuckle out of that.

I haven't seen all the NBA arenas yet, but right now the organist in Atlanta is the worst for me. There's a lot of hip hop being played, I get a chuckle out of that.

I haven't been to a game in 15 years. The last one I remember C+C Music Factory was featured prominently. It's not the reason I haven't been back, but it's one reason I haven't missed it.

• Like 1