2014 - 2015 NBA Season thread

RushCanuck

How about them Spurs? I love my team's style!

I love Tim Duncan. Such a class act.

Once again, the Spurs simply go about their business and quietly position themselves to win it all.

• Like 1

I had a feeling the Cavs would stumble early, I'm however completely amazed how well the Celtics playing. They appear to not be intimidated in the least being that they're on the road.

Anyone else besides me have draft lottery fever?

Next to the draft, this is my favorite NBA moment of the year. I enjoy this much more than any of the games.

Edited by laughedatbytime

Interactive histories of every NBA team, with Elo ratings for each franchise for each year. Just click on the team name and find the one you're most interested in.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/interactives/the-complete-history-of-every-nba-team-by-elo/#bulls

Note, for the Warriors, today is the high point in franchise history in terms of dominance, even though they've won 3 championships (two in Philadelphia).

If you're a numbers geek like me, this is fascinating.

Hawks are imploding and need a miracle.... :sigh:

LeBron is on a mission. Not getting MVP is one heck of a motivator for him.

Lebron will get to play the MVP shortly.

20910_1110138469014676_1191603485211073927_n.jpg?oh=36d1243c370bef7903f074aa743ebe63&oe=55C50D3E

11011014_10206459383504356_3404283674880440108_n.jpg?oh=6f22ba6fe4658f2bf71e9cd5e549ea05&oe=5600F471

Lebron will get to play the MVP shortly.

20910_1110138469014676_1191603485211073927_n.jpg?oh=36d1243c370bef7903f074aa743ebe63&oe=55C50D3E

11011014_10206459383504356_3404283674880440108_n.jpg?oh=6f22ba6fe4658f2bf71e9cd5e549ea05&oe=5600F471

That 2nd one is hilarious!!!

A heckuva beat down last night. One more win and it'sa full season sweep of the Rockets.

Killer game tonight between the Cavs and Hawks. Goes to overtime where LeBron finds his stroke (started the game 0 for 10). Hawks had two shots to tie at the end but both missed. Shepherd and Smith are coming up big for Cleveland.

End of an era :( We'll miss you Mayor.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/12993055/fred-hoiberg-informed-iowa-state-cyclones-players-staff-leaving

Fred Hoiberg has informed several Iowa State players and staff members that he is leaving, a source told ESPN.com's Jeff Goodman.

Hoiberg is in negotiations with theChicago Bulls for a five-year contract to become their new coach and was en route to Chicago to finalize the agreement, according to the source.

Although contract language is still being hammered out, multiple sources said the feeling from many within the Bulls organization is that the deal is all but complete.

On Monday night, the Bulls informed media that the team will make a "major announcement" Tuesday at 3 p.m. ET.

Hoiberg has been mentioned as a successor to Tom Thibodeau for months, due to Hoiberg's close friendship with Bulls general manager Gar Forman and several others in the team's front office. Thibodeau was fired Thursday after five seasons with the Bulls. He had two years and almost $9 million left on his contract.

Hoiberg, 42, spent four of his 10 seasons in the NBA playing for the Bulls. He is respected throughout the league for the success he has had at his alma mater, but his move from Ames to Chicago has been expected for a while.

Hoiberg coached the Cyclones to the NCAA tournament in the past four of his five seasons. Iowa State reached the Sweet 16 in 2014 and won more than 25 games in each of the past two seasons; Hoiberg has won 115 games total in his five seasons at the school. He signed a 10-year deal with the Cyclones in April 2013.

http://espn.go.com/c...s-staff-leaving

Fred Hoiberg has informed several Iowa State players and staff members that he is leaving, a source told ESPN.com's Jeff Goodman.

Hoiberg is in negotiations with theChicago Bulls for a five-year contract to become their new coach and was en route to Chicago to finalize the agreement, according to the source.

Although contract language is still being hammered out, multiple sources said the feeling from many within the Bulls organization is that the deal is all but complete.

On Monday night, the Bulls informed media that the team will make a "major announcement" Tuesday at 3 p.m. ET.

Hoiberg has been mentioned as a successor to Tom Thibodeau for months, due to Hoiberg's close friendship with Bulls general manager Gar Forman and several others in the team's front office. Thibodeau was fired Thursday after five seasons with the Bulls. He had two years and almost $9 million left on his contract.

Hoiberg, 42, spent four of his 10 seasons in the NBA playing for the Bulls. He is respected throughout the league for the success he has had at his alma mater, but his move from Ames to Chicago has been expected for a while.

Hoiberg coached the Cyclones to the NCAA tournament in the past four of his five seasons. Iowa State reached the Sweet 16 in 2014 and won more than 25 games in each of the past two seasons; Hoiberg has won 115 games total in his five seasons at the school. He signed a 10-year deal with the Cyclones in April 2013.

Sad day for ISU and college basketball. I guess the NBA is where the money is but I personally prefer the college game (though some of the luster is gone with the early entries). I probably won't watch him coach another game....just not really interested in the pro game.

• Like 1

Sad day for ISU and college basketball. I guess the NBA is where the money is but I personally prefer the college game (though some of the luster is gone with the early entries). I probably won't watch him coach another game....just not really interested in the pro game.

I'm the same way. NBA just isn't fun and falls victim to all of the celebrity drama behind it like the NFL, though the NFL is actually fun to watch.

College basketball is one of the most competitive sports IMO. Mayor leaving his hometown and college after 5 years of fantastic coaching is very unfortunate. I still think we'll do well without him next season, though, with playmakers like Monte Morris and Georges Niang.

I'm the same way. NBA just isn't fun and falls victim to all of the celebrity drama behind it like the NFL, though the NFL is actually fun to watch.

College basketball is one of the most competitive sports IMO. Mayor leaving his hometown and college after 5 years of fantastic coaching is very unfortunate. I still think we'll do well without him next season, though, with playmakers like Monte Morris and Georges Niang.

They're probably going to have to promote an assistant at this late date. Any good candidates from that pool.

They're probably going to have to promote an assistant at this late date. Any good candidates from that pool.

http://www.si.com/college-basketball/2015/06/01/fred-hoiberg-iowa-state-chicago-bulls

T.J. Otzelberger, he grabbed Ejim and Niang, who were absolute monsters.

http://www.si.com/co...e-chicago-bulls

T.J. Otzelberger, he grabbed Ejim and Niang, who were absolute monsters.

Was it him or the Hoiberg NBA pedigree that attracted them?

Apparently the Cavs have already lost in the finals following national media trend... :eyeroll: