Does anyone not like mashed potatoes??

Mara

Thanksgiving. I'm not in danger of overeating on turkey (like it fine but honestly prefer chicken), stuffing (yuck), sweet potatoes (blech), or pumpkin pie (keep it the hell away from me).

But mashed potatoes? I could eat Chris Christie's old weight in fluffy creamy buttery spuds. I won't, because then I'd be big as a house and no one else would get any, but I could.

My plate will probably feature a couple of hunks of turkey (dark meat), a dab of cranberry sauce (real, not canned), some garlic green beans, maybe a roll, and a huge heaping mound of mashed potatoes.

I was prepared for another thread about Mara hating one of the best foods ever (mashed potatoes). I was gonna add it to the list of good foods that Mara hates like bananas.

My plate at any Thanksgiving dinner: One of the two turkey legs that I have to fight the whole family for, a couple rolls, cranberries, and a shitload of mashed potatoes and gravy.

I don't like sweet potatoes or stuffing, either. I'm also the only person in my family that hates the abomination that is green bean casserole.

Well, damn, Mara hates pumpkin pie! :huh:

This is how your pumpkin pie should be. Might need a little more whipped cream.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-UfE8kVSgMX4/TtBHg1mRw-I/AAAAAAAAJNc/ISkpTNBvnfM/s1600/tgiving+045.JPG

Edited by BowlCity
  • Like 1

Pumpkin cheesecake >>>>> pumpkin pie.

As for the original question, I love all three basic elements of Thanksgiving dinner...turkey (white meat only), stuffing, and mashed potatoes and gravy. Thanksgiving dinner is the best meal of the year, IMO.

• Like 1

As for the original question, I love all three basic elements of Thanksgiving dinner...turkey (white meat only), stuffing, and mashed potatoes and gravy. Thanksgiving dinner is the best meal of the year, IMO.

Pumpkin cheesecake is also very good.

And dark meat >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> white meat. Turkey legs for the win

• Like 1

You could make anything into a cheesecake and it'd probably be at least passably good. To be clear, I like just about every pumpkin dessert EXCEPT the pie. It's the consistency and mouthfeel.

One of my favorite mashed potato recipes involves the addition of cream cheese, especially good if you're not using a "good" mashing potato (Yukon Golds are best). It makes the potatoes taste even richer. It's a good thing mashed potatoes involve a little bit of work otherwise I'd be eating them all the time.

Edited by Mara

You could make anything into a cheesecake and it'd probably be at least passably good. To be clear, I like just about every pumpkin dessert EXCEPT the pie. It's the consistency and mouthfeel.

One of my favorite mashed potato recipes involves the addition of cream cheese, especially good if you're not using a "good" mashing potato (Yukon Golds are best). It makes the potatoes taste even richer. It's a good thing mashed potatoes involve a little bit of work otherwise I'd be eating them all the time.

My mother always puts cream cheese in the mashed potatoes when my father isn't looking. They are the most awesome mashed potatoes known to man but she knows my father wouldn't eat them if he knew it was in there.... :LOL:

Thats me,

Plus fresh Green Beans! :dweez:

I like mashed potatoes. But as is the case with most "Thanksgiving foods," I really wouldn't grieve if I could never eat them again.

Mara, if we ever feast together, I'll trade you my helping of mashed potatoes for your slice of pumpkin pie.

And dark meat >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> white meat. Turkey legs for the win

Can't agree with you there...

Dark meat has more flavor!

My dad liked dark meat. I was fine with that; more white meat for me.

My dad is also a Bear fan....if you were only about 65 years older and didn't care for Rush, you could be him!

I'd gnaw the drumstick and dip it in peppery gravy at the table if I could. I'll Mac on everything except the green bean crapperhole. Ugh!!

My mother always puts cream cheese in the mashed potatoes when my father isn't looking. They are the most awesome mashed potatoes known to man but she knows my father wouldn't eat them if he knew it was in there.... :LOL:

I like a little Parmesan in mashed potatoes. Never had cream cheese in there, but something tells me I wouldn't like it.

I like a little Parmesan in mashed potatoes. Never had cream cheese in there, but something tells me I wouldn't like it.

My mother says it makes them "creamier".... :LOL:

I love Parmesan cheese and put mounds upon mounds of it on my pasta, but I don't think I'd like it in my mashed potatoes.

My uncle puts sour cream in his mashed potatoes. Definitely not eating that, sour cream is disgusting.

I love Parmesan cheese and put mounds upon mounds of it on my pasta, but I don't think I'd like it in my mashed potatoes.

My uncle puts sour cream in his mashed potatoes. Definitely not eating that, sour cream is disgusting.

I think I was incorrect :blush: It is sour cream that my mother puts in the mashed potatoes and not cream cheese. It does make them even more awesome than without I can assure you... :)

I like mashed potatoes. But as is the case with most "Thanksgiving foods," I really wouldn't grieve if I could never eat them again.

Mara, if we ever feast together, I'll trade you my helping of mashed potatoes for your slice of pumpkin pie.

Done deal!

You don't put enough cream cheese in to really flavor the spuds. You get maybe a hint of it, but that's it.

I don't really like mashed potatoes. The taste is okay but I can't stand the texture, it just grosses me out. I don't like a majority of Thanksgiving food except for turkey, green beans, salad, Hawaiian rolls, and stuffing. And I don't like pumpkin pie (or any pie for that matter) so i usually don't have dessert. I'm trying to convince my mom to get some ice cream so I can have some dessert :P.