Note to the men of RUSH!

MMCXII

In regards to recent stories that you guys are undecided on what to do next (new album vs tour), I suggest the following; go through that massive back catalog of yours and pick a few old songs from your "pre-school years", ones that your die hard old school fans have been begging for like Xanadu, Cygnus, Jacobs Ladder, etc.. Take these songs and find a way to Bring them to life again!

Rewrite sections and throw in some extended jams. Do whatever you need to make these songs bring smiles to your faces again! Then announce your R40something tour for early 2015.

You can always make albums. Tour while you're still willing.. ;)

Just my thoughts. I'll be there anyway like always :)

• Like 3

it's worth a shot. Remember. Spies... ;)
  • Like 2

You can always make albums. Tour while you're still willing..

I second this. They can always make albums. Their touring days, on the other hand, are nearing the end.

I go the other way. I'd much rather have new music that can be enjoyed ad infinitum than one night's live performance, no matter how transcendent.

Unless they come up with another clunker like S&A. Then all bets are off.

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 3

I second this. They can always make albums. Their touring days, on the other hand, are nearing the end.

I go the other way. I'd much rather have new music that can be enjoyed ad infinitum than one night's live performance, no matter how transcendent.

Unless they come up with another clunker like Presto. Then all bets are off.

Fixed...

Hey I like Xanadu the way it is. don't worry, once they start fooling with it they'll quickly remember that it's already perfect.. But by then they'll already be practiced up on it.. Lol

That's actually what happened with Camera Eye. They hated it until they actually did it live then they loved it!

Plus a modified Xanadu is better than no Xanadu ;)

Here's hoping anyway :)

• Like 1

Unless they come up with another clunker like Presto. Then all bets are off.

Fixed...

I can live with that fix.

Ssshh! Rush might be listening ..! Lol

Hey I like Xanadu the way it is. don't worry, once they start fooling with it they'll quickly remember that it's already perfect.. But by then they'll already be practiced up on it.. Lol

That's actually what happened with Camera Eye. They hated it until they actually did it live then they loved it!

If they mess with Xanadu, :smash: :smash: :smash: . I have every note committed to memory.

If they mess with Xanadu, :smash: :smash: :smash: . I have every note committed to memory.

Hahaha!! Ok ok..

If the band actually did read these forums their reactions would probably range from slight bemusement to being thoroughly weirded out.

I'm hoping they recognize us as the most passionate, most dedicated incredible fan base around the globe.. the ones that stormed the Rock hall for them. Rush has been MY band for 34 years now. I think it's time I made a request or two. Nothing weird about that..

• Like 1

If the band actually did read these forums their reactions would probably range from slight bemusement to being thoroughly weirded out.

I'm hoping they recognize us as the most passionate, most dedicated incredible fan base around the globe.. the ones that stormed the Rock hall for them. Rush has been MY band for 34 years now. I think it's time I made a request or two. Nothing weird about that..

Nope. Nothing weird about that at all. But there's some pretty odd stuff in other threads. On the other hand, Lee and Lifeson have a pretty . . . wide-ranging sense of humour, so they'd probably appreciate a lot of it.

Nope. Nothing weird about that at all. But there's some pretty odd stuff in other threads. On the other hand, Lee and Lifeson have a pretty . . . wide-ranging sense of humour, so they'd probably appreciate a lot of it.

This just shows you are not here that much.

Many things I could gripe about, but the quality of Rush fans is something that the band should be very very very proud of.

So, don't you say anything bad about them. Or else :smash: for you too!! :bitchslap:

• Like 1

Yup. Let's just hope Ged and Al come on here more than Neil does ;) lol

Ssshh! Rush might be listening ..! Lol

Here's hoping they do. And if so, here's another one for them...Ged's and Al's exercises in self indulgence>>>>Neil's :)

Many things I could gripe about, but the quality of Rush fans is something that the band should be very very very proud of.

So, don't you say anything bad about them. Or else :smash: for you too!! :bitchslap:

You should be emoticon diva! I'm busting a gut here!

Don't like Rush?.. Smash! smash! ..bitchslap lol!

You should be emoticon diva! I'm busting a gut here!

Don't like Rush?.. Smash! smash! ..bitchslap lol!

Rush fans. Rush fans are the best. That includes you too, MC. ;)

• Like 1

I'm not quite sure how to read the tone of that message. I may not post as often as other folks, but I do read a lot of what's posted. I know you don't really know me that well, but I'd like to think that you wouldn't assume that I was painting everyone with the same broad brush. Or that I would even make a character assessment of someone based on what they write, unless several posts by the same person started to suggest a pattern. Did we not participate in a post, not that long ago, regarding a comment one forum member made that was at the very least disrespectful?