What will you be doing for football on Thanksgiving?

The Analog Cub

What will you be doing for football on Thanksgiving?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. What will you be doing for football on Thanksgiving?

• Watching Da Bears duke it out with the Lions as you prepare the feast
    • Getting impatient with the turkey not being cooked yet while watching Eagles vs. Cowgirls
    • Spilling turkey gravy and cranberries all over yourself while watching Seattle vs. San Francisco
    • ALL DAY FOOTBALL MADNESS ALL THREE GAMES WOO
    • Avoiding your relatives as you watch the games in your basement
    • Actually going to an NFL game
    • Downing another glass of wine every time Cutler throws a pick, only to be drunk before halftime
    • Not watching football on Thanksgiving Day because you're lame
    • Whatever your woman tells you to do (you probably won't be watching football)

My family is heading over to my dad's parents' house. I plan on avoiding the infamous relatives questions about school by watching the Bears hopefully not get shit on. I think it'll be a good game and if Chicago can pull off a win against Detroit, it might just be the kick in the ass they need for a possible wild card pick.

As I'll be getting home from work around 3:00am, I'll be sleeping most of the day. I may get up in time for dinner, though....... ;)

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=241125006

Anyone remember this Thanksgiving classic between the Bears and Cowboys?

Drew Henson, a 40 year old Vinny Testaverde, and Craig Krenzel were the QBs that day...

• Like 1

Doesn't look like it was a very fun game for anybody.

It was about as desultory an exhibition of football at the NFL level as I can remember seeing. And the Bears had ugly orange unis for the occasion.

On the other hand, to show my age, I remember watching the Dave Williams KO return in (I believe 1977) which set a record for the shortest OT game ever. I think the record still stands.

• Like 1

It was about as desultory an exhibition of football at the NFL level as I can remember seeing. And the Bears had ugly orange unis for the occasion.

On the other hand, to show my age, I remember watching the Dave Williams KO return in (I believe 1977) which set a record for the shortest OT game ever. I think the record still stands.

Here you go,

It was 1980. I remember watching it. :codger:

• Like 1

Here you go,

It was 1980. I remember watching it. :codger:

Yay...I'm not as old as I thought.

I'll definitely be watching the Lions-Bears game, and I'm hoping it plays out like my all time favorite Thanksgiving Day game did back in '91.

http://www.pro-footb...99111280det.htm

That win moved the Lions into a first-place tie with the Bears (thanks to the Dolphins beating Chicago in Soldier Field the previous week!) and they went on to win the division and make it to the NFC title game.

I'll definitely be watching the Lions-Bears game, and I'm hoping it plays out like my all time favorite Thanksgiving Day game did back in '91.

That win moved the Lions into a first-place tie with the Bears (thanks to the Dolphins beating Chicago in Soldier Field the previous week!) and they went on to win the division and make it to the NFC title game.

And here I was sure it was the "Joey's Revenge" game in 2006.

And here I was sure it was the "Joey's Revenge" game in 2006.

Haha, yes, I remember that one well. :P I was kind of happy for Joey... and really embarrassed for my stupid team. :facepalm:

http://images.cbssports.com/u/photos/football/nfl/img9825228.jpg

• Like 1

None of the above. :LOL:

I won't be watching NFL but I am traveling out of town to Boulder to watch my Utes close out the season against Colorado. We did this two years ago and it is fun. Watching them run around the field with Ralphie the Buffalo at the beginning of the game was something to see. :popcorn:

Go Utes! :D :clap: :cheerleader: :yay: :yes:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 2

The same thing I've done for all 44 years of my life. The family gathers and eats promptly at two. There will be 25 to 30 of us this year. By 2:30 it's wine and dessert then the Cowboys!!!!!!!

The success of our Thanksgiving hinges on that game.

• Like 1

The same thing I've done for all 44 years of my life. The family gathers and eats promptly at two. There will be 25 to 30 of us this year. By 2:30 it's wine and dessert then the Cowboys!!!!!!!

Good luck. It's Philly.

Good luck. It's Philly.

Yeah. It will be a tough game. My guess is that we'll split with them this year. I would rather go ahead and take them out on Turkey Day.

I don't watch pro football. Have they found a replacement game since the longhorns became pussies and won't play A&M anymore?

TCU at Austin is T-giving (at night, I believe).