Just say no!!

Lost In Xanadu

TRF, you can make a difference. Take back your Thanksgiving and say no to greed.

Here is a list of stores trying to ruin your Thanksgiving by opening at 6pm:

Walmart

Kmart

Sears

Target

Kohl's

Staples

Macy's

This post is my pledge to not spend one effing cent in any of these stores this holiday season. Time to take a stand, tell these stores that family is more important than saving a couple dollars.

If you say no now, history has shown prices will just continue to drop as Christmas approaches.

Edited by Lost In Xanadu
  • Like 5

TRF, you can make a difference. Take back your Thanksgiving and say no to greed.

Here is a list of stores trying to ruin your Thanksgiving by opening at 6pm:

Walmart

Kmart

Sears

Target

Kohl's

Staples

Macy's

This post is my pledge to not spend one effing cent in any of these stores this holiday season. Time to take a stand, tell these stores that family is more important than saving a couple dollars.

If you say no now, history has shown prices will just continue to drop as Christmas approaches.

So I take it,

Your not camping out? :huh: :P

• Like 1

I can't even bother to buy shit from any of those places to begin with. To me Black Friday's always been a hype for people to shop the day after Thanksgiving in theory that those who do shop on that day will think prices won't drop any lower during the 3-4 weeks before Christmas.

Yeah I'm confused. 6pm?

6pm on Thanksgiving Day

Okay but how are they ruining Thanksgiving? People have free will, they can stay home with their families even if these stores are open.

• Like 1

Yeah I'm confused. 6pm?

6pm on Thanksgiving Day

Okay but how are they ruining Thanksgiving? People have free will, they can stay home with their families even if these stores are open.

Immediate problems I can imagine are: the crowding, the employees who may have to give up the dinner to work... "Trampled to death" reports on the radio as Grandma cuts the turkey :LOL:

Yeah I'm confused. 6pm?

6pm on Thanksgiving Day

Some of the people who work in those stores don't have free will. For instance, Kmart told workers to come in on Thanksgiving or be fired. This means workers cannot spend Thanksgiving evening with their families. And sure, there are going to be some folks who would rather work and get the money, but not all of them. There is no reason that people HAVE TO go shopping on T-Day, so why not give those workers the national holiday off? Especially since they're about to go into the super-busy holiday season.

Personally, I do not do any shopping on Thanksgiving or Black Friday.

• Like 3

Yeah I'm confused. 6pm?

6pm on Thanksgiving Day

Some of the people who work in those stores don't have free will. For instance, Kmart told workers to come in on Thanksgiving or be fired. This means workers cannot spend Thanksgiving evening with their families. And sure, there are going to be some folks who would rather work and get the money, but not all of them. There is no reason that people HAVE TO go shopping on T-Day, so why not give those workers the national holiday off? Especially since they're about to go into the super-busy holiday season.

I agree,

But some of us have to make those pastries and doughnuts. :D But that is a lot different than the so called Black Friday crap. BTW, I get paid double time :P

• Like 1

Yeah I'm confused. 6pm?

6pm on Thanksgiving Day

I agree,

But some of us have to make those pastries and doughnuts. :D But that is a lot different than the so called Black Friday crap. BTW, I get paid double time :P

Yeah that's true, I didn't think about the workers themselves until after I posted that. Back when I had to work on holidays (or had the option) I always got at least time and a half or double time, and so that helps with people for Christmas. But it's all a cash grab anymore, so I don't celebrate any of it.

• Like 1

Yeah I'm confused. 6pm?

6pm on Thanksgiving Day

I agree,

Yeah that's true, I didn't think about the workers themselves until after I posted that. Back when I had to work on holidays (or had the option) I always got at least time and a half or double time, and so that helps with people for Christmas. But it's all a cash grab anymore, so I don't celebrate any of it.

I agree that stores like Sears, Walmart ect. are looking to cash in and I believe it is tacky. But in my case and many others, we are putting out a product for the next day. It's not like there is some blue light special going on! :LOL:

• Like 2

I'm surprised the Christian movement in the US is not taking legal action against those companies forcing "Christians" to work on what they will percieve to be a religious holiday. I understand select States legislate against opening on this day.

Do those that have to work get another day off instead, or simply more money?

What about the Unions, have they any say in the matter?

I'm surprised the Christian movement in the US is not taking legal action against those companies forcing "Christians" to work on what they will percieve to be a religious holiday. I understand select States legislate against opening on this day.

Do those that have to work get another day off instead, or simply more money?

What about the Unions, have they any say in the matter?

Since when is Thanksgiving anything but a national, secular holiday? Which religion mentions thanksgiving in their scripture? :LOL:
  • Like 3

Some people will be paid time and a half, or doubletime.

Christmas can be on a list of holidays mentioned in a Union Contract

Some retailers want money for their stockholders and profits and screw holidays.

It takes all kinds.

I confess - I did go to Target today. But it was for a return/exchange.

I can't say it often enough: I swear if I ever reach a point in my life where my only option for gainful employment is retail, I will cut off an arm and go on disability. I've done my time in retail hell; I absolutely hate dealing with the entitled public.

• Like 1

I went to the Home Depot today, but only to get a new snow shovel and ice-melter. They weren't very busy..... :D

Two stores in my area, Farm & Fleet and Menards, were closed all day on Thanksgiving. They may have been the only stores that didn't partake in the madness.