Attention TRF: Buy this now

Creativity—check

Vibe—check

Slick, groovy, funky bass playing—check

Great drumming—check

Guitar God at work—check—dude is off the chains

Incredible songs—BIG TIME

Must hear—Plectrumelectrum, Whitecaps, Tictactoe, Another Love

Awww heck whom I joking? It's all amazing! An inspired jam album that makes the booty move, and creates news worlds to explore. It swells with greatness.

If you can't dig this you ain't alive

The instrumental "Plectrumelectrum" is crazy great. Prince can do it all. The band, composed of three women, are fantastic musicians and vocalists in their own right. Don't delay. Buy this album now Edited by Tombstone Mountain

Holy Shit guys! From what I've heard so far it's incredible! I picked up "Art Official Age" and a frigging HATED IT!

This album is METAL FUNK SOUL!

As a group they cut all the tracks LIVE. Amazing. Real tight and musically delicious

Holy Shit guys! From what I've heard so far it's incredible! This album is METAL FUNK SOUL!

The vibe of this album is timeless. I'm glad you mentioned the metal aspect. Healthy, heeping dose of in your face power. Prince continues to show so many dimensions of his gift. Song after song, he takes you to another beautiful world.

As far as his band goes, well let's just say they are his equal. Wow!

For the most part I stopped liking his entire albums after Around the World in a Day (but of course you had some excellent tracks come out afterwards like Housequake, Kiss, S.M.F, Erotic City, etc).

How does this stand up to the epic Revolution albums? Prince is notorious for taking down anything on Youtube in case I can't hear the whole thing before a purchase.

• Like 1

Prince has been spotty for years......the last album i thought was solid was the gold experience. I bought both new ones.......but Art Official Age was meh.........so i've avoided the other, lol......i'll get to it.

Mick

Wow and Anotherlove. The Rest sounds like prince on autopilot with a sound he's done much better before.

Didn't like Whitecaps? The sizzling title instrumental?

Prince on autopilot? What other record sounds like this?

For the most part I stopped liking his entire albums after Around the World in a Day (but of course you had some excellent tracks come out afterwards like Housequake, Kiss, S.M.F, Erotic City, etc).

How does this stand up to the epic Revolution albums? Prince is notorious for taking down anything on Youtube in case I can't hear the whole thing before a purchase.

Erotic City is pre ATWIAD. It was a Purple Rain B-side.

Prince used to be an artist you could plunk down your $10 for a CD without fearing you'd get some good stuff and a lot of filler. Not after the late 80s early 90s. But when he's on, he's way on.

• Like 2

Wow and Anotherlove. The Rest sounds like prince on autopilot with a sound he's done much better before.

Maybe it's totaly just me but a lot of this album with the solo's reminded me of Lotusflow3r. It may be just me but it's the album that flashed through my mind....Which was a much better album. I just did not hear much to come back too.

Mick

• Like 1

Erotic City is pre ATWIAD. It was a Purple Rain B-side.

Prince used to be an artist you could plunk down your $10 for a CD without fearing you'd get some good stuff and a lot of filler. Not after the late 80s early 90s. But when he's on, he's way on.

Not a bad groove on this effort. Buy it today

• Like 1

Holy Shit guys! From what I've heard so far it's incredible! This album is METAL FUNK SOUL!

The vibe of this album is timeless. I'm glad you mentioned the metal aspect. Healthy, heeping dose of in your face power. Prince continues to show so many dimensions of his gift. Song after song, he takes you to another beautiful world.

As far as his band goes, well let's just say they are his equal. Wow!

:goodone: :goodone: :goodone:

• Like 1

All super prolific artists are hit and miss. Zappa, Dylan, Prince, etc. There's a lot of substandard material in those discographies. But the highs are the highest of high!

You're so right with this comment, however IMO Plectrumelectrum is not "hit or miss". Put it in your car stereo and take a 40 minute drive CRANKING this puppy. At the end of the drive you'll wanna hear it again.

I just did not hear much to come back too.

Wait a minute...didn't you say the same thing about Clockwork Angels?

I just did not hear much to come back too.

Wait a minute...didn't you say the same thing about Clockwork Angels?

Yes and there's still not much to come back to there either, lol

just 3 tunes and i Rarely come back to them cause they're produced like poop.

Mick

I finally gave it a spin. It gets a thumbs up. Is it essential? Right now, I don't know. Time will tell...

One thing for sure, the man is a master muscian.

What did you dig about it?

Musically, so tight. Great mix. It is guitar driven IMO...you agree?

I finally gave it a spin. It gets a thumbs up. Is it essential? Right now, I don't know. Time will tell...

Pretty much. Strong songs. Great musicianship.

I really liked "Anotherlove".

I'm probably going to listen to it several more times over the Thanksgiving weekend.

I tell you this much - it's the frist Prince album in a long time that I had no problem listening start to finish.

• Like 1

Pretty much. Strong songs. Great musicianship.

I really liked "Anotherlove".

I'm probably going to listen to it several more times over the Thanksgiving weekend.

I tell you this much - it's the frist Prince album in a long time that I had no problem listening start to finish.

Whitecaps and tictactoe are swimming in my head ATM.