R40 Box Set!

YYZumbi

I just watched the R40 Completist bonus DVD, and it was great!

I give the audio 9 out of 10 points. I don´t know, maybe it is because I was listening on the DVD with my broken headphones, but sometimes it was some scratchs in the sound. I give it a new try this weekend when I can watch it on my TV.

I give the video 5 out of 10 ponts. lt´s not full HD screen, and it got some pixels in the video.

I have now seen the 1974-concert, the 1976-concert, Lock And Key from Hold Your Fire Tour, and also Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame concert.

And I must say, they could have at least done a little bit of remastering on the 1974-and-1976-concert... the audio is really bad on the 1974-concert, and the video is really bad on the 1976-concert.

I am gonna see the Test For Echo Tour concert tonight, I can't right now, have to go soon!

I just ran down the street to my Super Mail box, turned the key, and there it was, in all it,s splendid glory, R-40. Just finished the r-40 completist disc, Totally blew me away Thanks to my beautiful Santa ( wife),best gift a man could get.. Merry Christmas everyone :rush:
  • Like 1

Oh My Ged! I am in schock! I just watched the Test For Echo Tour - concert, and it was just crazy good! And when they played 2112... First, during the overture I was just playing air-drums like a crazy fool, but then when The Temples Of Syrinx started, I was sitting like this the whole song: :o

Such a great performance of the song!!! And that makes me so angry!!! :rage: that they don't play whole 2112 on every damn tour!! The same way they do with Tom Sawyer!! Because this performance was just magic...

So what do I give this whole concert in points?

Audio gets 9 out of 10, sometimes it felt that the volume was a bit low, and I wish they could have turned up the volume on the audience when they was screaming HEY! during 2112

Video gets 7 out of 10. It was not full HD, and the lightning was a bit bad, sometimes it was really dark, like during Neil's drum solo, you could not see sometimes what he did. And sometimes when they used those blurry-things when the camera was either on Geddy's bass or Alex guitar, don't like that! But it is better quality then the R40 Completist bonus DVD, and that makes me wonder, was the producers lazy on the DVD?

Performance gets.. 10 out of 10!!! The whole concert was just perfect, I did not see any wrong at all, every song was just awesome!!

Edited by YYZumbi
  • Like 1

I got mine. Maybe I'll let you know my opinion after I get my physics degree so I can work out how to remove the discs from the book without damaging my calm.
  • Like 1

"The whole concert was just perfect, I did not see any wrong at all, every song was just awesome!!"

Except that its not the whole concert.

Hence why i'm waiting for a separate release. Hopefully it happens

Mick

I don´t think it will happen to be honest...

I mean come on, they have released lots of these kind of live videos that is not whole concerts.

Exit... Stage Left, Grace Under Pressure 1984 Tour, A Show Of Hands.

Why would they release this as a whole concert then? I mean, I hope they do! But I don't think they will...

I don't know......but i'm not shelling out for stuff i have for an extra disc.......if they release the truncated footage separately.....i'd buy. but i have to get stuff i already have just for that.......i'll pass.

Mick

Yes they will. In the book I read it said that they are sitting on some stuff. They will release them one day.

They got a lot of live-stuff in their vault, yes, that is true, but I don't think they will release it.

Ofcourse, when they have quit, then they still have to make money somehow..

Yes they will. In the book I read it said that they are sitting on some stuff. They will release them one day.

They got a lot of live-stuff in their vault, yes, that is true, but I don't think they will release it.

Ofcourse, when they have quit, then they still have to make money somehow..

That's what I meant. When they retire, they will release what they have so it will be a source of income for them.

I don't know......but i'm not shelling out for stuff i have for an extra disc.......if they release the truncated footage separately.....i'd buy. but i have to get stuff i already have just for that.......i'll pass.

Mick

Trust me, everything is in such good quality that it's worth it! The book is awesome, great pictures! And the bonus disc is really great, you get a concert from -74, -76, -88 (only Lock And Key), -97 + a lot of bonus stuff!! And then you also get Rush In Rio on bluray!!