Tell Us About Yourself!

Disk98

I'm 53 and a Marketplace Manager (in other words they only allow me control of 3 retail units) married with an adult daughter. I live in the North West of England.

Like Prog, Classic Rock and bits and bats of other stuff and I have supported Manchester United since 1969.

As for Rush, I've been a fan since 1976 and been to lots and lots of great gigs over the years.

I've been on the TV on a quiz show and been interviewed by local radio.

I've been infesting messageboards for longer than I care to recall and was Administrator over at Progarchives Site for 10 yrs.

I mainly come here for the Politics forum as I have talked enough about Rush these past 40 yrs and was formerly a proud stalwart over at Counterparts Messageboard

Went to Uni, rarely turned up but got involved in some political causes and was a member of the UK Labour Party until last year when I gave up on them.

Oh, and I enjoy winding people up.

I learned something new. That last bit I wasn't aware of.... :codger:

You've clearly been living under a rock or possibly in a cave. :laughing guy:

• Like 1

Not sure where to start. I lived in Ohio up until a few months ago when I moved to Pittsburgh. Been a musician since I was a kid, started out on piano, when to saxophone, french horn, baritone and then trumpet while in school. Started playing bass when I was 15, and joined my first band when I was 17. Did that for quite a few years until I got a real job in an office at a pet products wholesaler. Went back to playing in bands until a couple of years ago when my back kind of gave out on me. (It's hard work lugging a bass around for hours a night when you're in pain). My hobbies include reading sci-fi/fantasy/science books/writing/listening to music/playing with my pets (2 dogs, 2 cats and 2 aquariums) and painting.
  • Like 4

Hmmmm...where to start? Ok, here goes!

I live in East Tennessee, located in the redneck "bermuda triangle" of the Appalachian Mountains. The town is called Goatnut, down the road a piece is Turkeyshoot (for real) and Turtletown (yeah, that's real too). It's a beautiful place to live. Lots of meth labs and illegal stills. My house, nestled in a woody area next a forest, is directly behind a cemetery that's home to famous slaves (not kidding) of East Tennessee.

Hobbies include botany, writing music and literature, reading (I abhor reading sci-fi/fantasy). Movies are an obsession of mine, as is Disc Golf. Since most females consider cooking a chore (not my opinion, a consensus from women I know), I've become quite the chef out of necessity. I love cooking.

I have two children that I know about...two boys ages 9 & 6.

I work at Moobies. Flipping burgers is my specialty. Hopefully, one day, I'll get promoted to fries! Can't wait for my first "real" job.

Edited by Tombstone Mountain
  • Like 6

I live in East Tennessee, located in the redneck "bermuda triangle" of the Appalachian Mountains. The town is called Goatnut, down the road a piece is Turkeyshoot (for real) and Turtletown (yeah, that's real too). It's a beautiful place to live. Lots of meth labs and illegal stills. My house, nestled in a woody area next a forest, is directly behind a cemetery that's home to famous slaves (not kidding) of East Tennessee.

Hobbies include botany, writing music and literature, reading (I abhor reading sci-fi/fantasy). Movies are an obsession of mine, as is Disc Golf. Since most females consider cooking a chore (not my opinion, a consensus from women I know), I've become quite the chef out of necessity. I love cooking.

I work at Moobies. Flipping burgers is my specialty. Hopefully, one day, I'll get promoted to fries! Can't wait for my first "real" job.

What is Moobies?

What is Moobies?

Ever seen Dogma?

What is Moobies?

Ever seen Dogma?

No, why?

What is Moobies?

Ever seen Dogma?

No, why?

First off, very funny movie. It features the restaurant called "Moobies"

What is Moobies?

Ever seen Dogma?

No, why?

First off, very funny movie. It features the restaurant called "Moobies"

Ah so it's not a real place then?

My nickname is Grau (Grey) because my last name is Graumann (Greyman). I'm living in a beautiful small German village, located at the banks of the river Rhine, near the Black Forest.

I work in a psychiatry, helping people to reintegrate them back into society. It's a hard work and sometimes I feel like Sisyphus, but it's the funniest job I've ever had. Unbelievable how the human brain is able to create different schisms in one person.

My hobbies are music (create, play, produce, listen, analyse, throw away...), singing, playing guitar and keyboard...

Besides music I love: Walks with my dog, rides with my old school metal horse, hillwalking in the Scottish Highlands, warming my bones besides a fire, drinking apple wine, smoking...

To be continued...

• Like 4

My name is Jim, and I'm 45. I'm a systems analyst. I've live in the Northwest suburbs of Chicago my whole life. I've been married for 12.5 years, and I have three beautiful kids, Tori (11), Connor (8), and Keira (3). I first got into Rush back in 1979. My older cousins listened to them, and when I heard Fly By Night on the radio, I got the album, and was smitten the first time I heard Bytor and the Snowdog. I love classic rock, heavy metal, hard core alternative, industrial, and punk rock. If it's edgy, I would probably enjoy it. I love cars. I mean, I really love cars. I currently have a 2009 Pontiac G8 GT, with a 390 hp 6.0 liter V8. Some day I will have a Corvette. Love being outdoors. I love to go fishing, deer hunting, snowmobiling, and skiing. I met one of my very best friends, Workingcinderellaman, on this forum, and he lives in Salt Lake. I've been out to Utah to visit WCM many times, and really enjoy the skiing in Utah. I'm a fairly big sports fan. I love the White Sox, Blackhawks, and Bears.
  • Like 7

:syrinx: ..... :laughing guy:
  • Like 1

Disc golf? As in frisbees? There's a park that has that in my city. Looks cool

• Like 1

I'm 13 going on 40.

Born and raised in Long Island, New York.

Been in a place I refer to as "Hell" for the past decade.

I like good food, crazy women, vintage video games, and awsome movies and music and cartoons and follow baseball a little here and there. I also like reading books (and collecting them too) but rarely have time to read nowadays.

My hobbies include testing people's limits, exploring nature, hiking, hitting the local bars, and trying not to take this life too seriously as I get physically "older".

I drink and smoke cigarettes (but want to quit - the smoking), have never done any real "drugs" (except for pot a few times but never cared for it).

If you'd like to know more inbox me :) :) :)

Edited by savagegrace26
  • Like 1

Disc golf? As in frisbees? There's a park that has that in my city. Looks cool

Disc Golf is so much fun, but can be quite serious if you play competitively. Recreational playing is great at any age.

Hmmm. why not?

As most know, I'm a musician. Been playing piano, guitar and bass since I was about 11. My voice actually was pretty low after puberty and I have done a ton of work to increase my range. I've never gotten more pleasure on stage than when I do the Geddy thing. The busy aspect of juggling it all is challenging and rewarding.

I'm also a hockey nut. I have a 15 year old who plays travel hockey and high school and a 5 year old phenom in his 3rd year of 8U travel hockey. He is currently leading his team in goals and assists as a 5 year old. Unreal.

I coach my little man's team and my older son't HS team. I love being on the ice. :)

I also have an older son who is an amazing guitar player. He is way more talented than me and it thrills me! Hope he goes further than I did!

I've been married for 22 years and wouldn't change a thing.

• Like 6

Hmmm. why not?

As most know, I'm a musician. Been playing piano, guitar and bass since I was about 11. My voice actually was pretty low after puberty and I have done a ton of work to increase my range. I've never gotten more pleasure on stage than when I do the Geddy thing. The busy aspect of juggling it all is challenging and rewarding.

I'm also a hockey nut. I have a 15 year old who plays travel hockey and high school and a 5 year old phenom in his 3rd year of 8U travel hockey. He is currently leading his team in goals and assists as a 5 year old. Unreal.

I coach my little man's team and my older son't HS team. I love being on the ice. :)

I also have an older son who is an amazing guitar player. He is way more talented than me and it thrills me! Hope he goes further than I did!

The only thing missing is a proper appreciation for Chris Squire

• Like 3

Hmmm. why not?

The only thing missing is a proper appreciation for Chris Squire

:laughing guy: