Roll The Bones VS Counterparts VS Test For Echo

YYZumbi

56 members have voted

1. 1. Best 90s album?

Counterparts and Roll The Bones are pretty evenly matched but Test For Echo wins easily. it has twice the number of good songs compared to the other two. Edited by EagleMoon
  • Like 1

Counterparts. Every single song (except for TSOL—sorry) is solid. People give it a lot of hate for Cold Fire and Everyday Glory, but those are two of the three best on the album (Nobody's Hero being the third). Go Counterparts!
  • Like 1

RTB is the worst. The other two are a toss up in my view. Probably more good than bad to them but overall just alright...
  • Like 3

"Counterparts" by far for me. The opening trio of "Animate" , "Stick it Out" and "Cut to the Chase" rocks pretty hard, and the rest of the album is really good too. One of my favorite Rush albums ever. Excellent production too.

RTB is the worst. The other two are a toss up in my view. Probably more good than bad to them but overall just alright...

Not diggin' rap music, or the "buck up" snarling attitude of Face Up?

That's essential Rush dude...on the level of AFTK

I actually like all three albums a lot...but this is not even close at all.

COUNTERPARTS

...by far. One of my favourite albums. It's an album where every song is solid...including some of their best songs (Animate, Cut To The Chase, and Leave That Thing Alone). Even 'The Speed of Love' is fine by me. Awesome album! :haz:

• Like 2

T4E edges RTB based on depth. CP is easily Rush's worst album, but the other two stack up very well against the synth era malaise the band suffered.

Counterparts. Although I will never forget hearing Roll the Bones for the first time on the radio when it was released. I was only ten or eleven but I remember it being to first time I felt really moved by lyrics.
  • Like 1