Dear father rush, this xmas i wish that?????????

condemned2bfree

on the new material;

1. more linear guitar from alex; hold back on the power sounding chords.

2. no over compression on the mix and mastering ! we dont listen to rush on phones - you hear?dr 13 -14

3 ged limits over dubs on the vocals

4. the album(if there is one) has a conceptual theme, thats both personnal and universal in its sentiment. Dont shy from sci fi now.

4a songs flow into one another like c.a. and dark side.

5 . it builds and falls in crescendos, drops off building - falling.

6. its mix is a la permanant waves; thundering intimate and grandiose.

7.Loads of Riffs and high toms!

Clockwork angels was an excellent indicator of things to come.

7.AND A BOX OF RUSH CHOCOLATE.

= and as always, do what you want - at the end of the day,nothing else is expected.

Thanks seasonal greeting to all!

Edited by condemned2bfree
  • Like 4

1) A new album that I love even more than Clockwork Angels

2) A tour to support that album

3) Front row seats to a dozen shows on that tour

That makes up for me not asking for presents the last many years! :sundog:

Edited by x1yyz
  • Like 4

Songs have to be at least 20 minutes in length, and cover sci-fi or fantasy and have at least 3 guitar and bass solos each.

I like the way you think! Although I'd settle for a 12:32 re-recording of The Necromancer (to be featured on the upcoming tour, of course!)

• Like 1

Songs have to be at least 20 minutes in length, and cover sci-fi or fantasy and have at least 3 guitar and bass solos each.

I like the way you think! Although I'd settle for a 12:32 re-recording of The Necromancer (to be featured on the upcoming tour, of course!)

That would work for me. :)

• Like 1

To learn to play an instrument so i can finally devote my time to ruining Rush songs that I love.
  • Like 1

I just want a cleaner, less muddy mix. CA's mix is the only thing I truly dislike about it.

yeah whatever they do with the material i hope it has a great mix. NO CRAZY COMPRESSION LEVELS.

• Like 2

Really hope rush consider conceptual. There still remains a stigma attached to conceptual rock certainly, but so much can be done and said within the format. That is you can suspend your disbelief in any given scenario; scifi fantasy etc,and still retain interpersonnal themes that masses can relate to - from everyday life experiences. Its a powerfull combination. One that enables the writer to'get away' with a lot of thought provoking, out there ideas. Ideas that can ultimately, be dismissed under the veil of; it just being sci fi fantasy fiction. Always intrigued and captivated, how writers do this and that some work still stands the test of time, sometimes even predicting future scenarios; did 2112 do this with x factor etc?. Plato agrees.