Which of the three makes the most mistakes live?

Captain Avatar

Excluding Geddy's vocals, which as we all know can now be very hit or miss in concert, which of the three guys do you think tends to make the most mistakes during a show? I'm thinking it's Alex. I was listening to "Winken, Blinken, Nod - Counterparts Tour 1994" on YouTube and it sounds like he screws up pretty badly during Bravado at around the 17:05 mark.

Considering Neil's highly regarded precision behind the kit and if Ged makes a mistake it's harder to hear, I'm gonna go with Alex.

As a guitar player I can attest to this, it is EXTREMELY easy to mess up your part on guitar. Probably even easier to do so on drums, but it's also Neil.

Considering Neil's highly regarded precision behind the kit and if Ged makes a mistake it's harder to hear, I'm gonna go with Alex.

As a guitar player I can attest to this, it is EXTREMELY easy to mess up your part on guitar. Probably even easier to do so on drums, but it's also Neil.

^^^^ This makes perfect sense to me and BC often does.... :)
  • Like 2

^^^^ This makes perfect sense to me and BC often does.... :)

:blush:

Well, they all make their respective mistakes. On CAT, Lerxst messes up the end of Overture, I'm pretty sure Ged messes up a keyboard part on Subdivisions, and Neil kinda half-a**ed Bangkok on S&A. But, whatever. They're Rush. At the end of the day, who the hell cares?
  • Like 3

Well, they all make their respective mistakes. On CAT, Lerxst messes up the end of Overture, I'm pretty sure Ged messes up a keyboard part on Subdivisions, and Neil kinda half-a**ed Bangkok on S&A. But, whatever. They're Rush. At the end of the day, who the hell cares?

Neil definitely half assed Bangkok....ruined the drum part
  • Like 1

I'm not happy about Alex' solo either...

I'm not happy about Alex' solo either...

Yeah, the ESL version of the guitar solo is way cooler

Probably embarrassed about it and that was his little rebellion.

• Like 1

Alex has made mistakes in every live recording I've ever heard, so I would definitely say him for sure. Edited by EagleMoon

I definitely think that Alex is the one people assume makes the most mistakes. I am not sure that is the case, though. All three of them have a lot going on and I am sure they all flub from time-to-time. In the end, Rush playing completely drunk on expensive wine will probably sound better than most everyone sober and well practiced.
  • Like 3

It's definitely Alex but if you consider his style of playing, are they really mistakes?

What I mean is that Alex plays more from the heart where as the other two are more methodical/ compositional type players that are more dedicated to reproducing what's on the record..

• Like 2

Can't say I really know. Live shows are always a real adrenaline rush so I have a hard time picking out the stuff to bitch about. Not only that I feel like a lot of their material is very difficult so the occasional mistake is to be expected.
  • Like 2

"There are no mistakes, just happy little accidents." - Bob Ross

I love the video showing Alex doing his best soft shoe routine while he's waiting for a new guitar to be handed to him. Not sure what tour that is from, but is funny as hell. There are so many things that can go wrong with equipment that the physical/mental mistakes are the least of their worries.

• Like 1