I'd love to see an Alex SOLO Tour!!!

LocalsBandGuy

I know, I know, it heresy and all that, but man an Alex with backing band solo tour would kick ass!! He could do all the stuff he wants off of Victor, and all the Rush tunes he never gets to play with the band. Let's go with Les Claypool on bass, Mike Portnoy on drums (he has 500 other side bands, so why not 1 more?), and the girl with the kick ass vocals on the Victor tune (Dalbello??).......

I may have to come up with a setlist for this..........give me an hour or 2.......

• Like 1

If he was going to do a solo tour I'd rather it be stand-up comedy, because damn he's hilarious.
  • Like 3

If he was going to do a solo tour I'd rather it be stand-up comedy, because damn he's hilarious.

There's always musical comedy. He could really put on a whole new thing for an audience if he wanted to, sort of like the Anti-Tom Lehrer in style. Maybe Jack Black could give him some tips.

• Like 1

Maybe Jack Black could give him some tips.

I certainly hope not...

unless he'd be going for obnoxious and irritating rather than entertaining...

Edited by savagegrace26
  • Like 2

I don't think it's too absurd to say that a great musician would still be great without geddy lee and neil peart playing with him.

I don't think alex stand-up would go over too well though

Well, there are always the hecklers. That could be a mess. :ph34r:

I don't think it's too absurd to say that a great musician would still be great without geddy lee and neil peart playing with him.

I don't think alex stand-up would go over too well though

Do you think John Lennon, or any of the other Beatles, was just as great solo as he was with them? I don't, but that doesn't mean that he wasn't a great musician. But, what do I know? :huh:

I'd rather see a Geddy Lee solo tour.

Geddy has more talent than any one person would ever need. I think he would do better alone, but it still wouldn't be the same.

I almost hate to say it but what good is Geddy without Alex and Neil?

Edited by Lorraine

I'd rather see a Geddy Lee solo tour.

Geddy has more talent than any one person would ever need. I think he would do better alone, but it still wouldn't be the same.

I almost hate to say it but what good is Geddy without Alex and Neil?

If you had asked that 20 years ago I would have said "a lot".

I know, I know, it heresy and all that, but man an Alex with backing band solo tour would kick ass!! He could do all the stuff he wants off of Victor, and all the Rush tunes he never gets to play with the band. Let's go with Les Claypool on bass, Mike Portnoy on drums (he has 500 other side bands, so why not 1 more?), and the girl with the kick ass vocals on the Victor tune (Dalbello??).......

I may have to come up with a setlist for this..........give me an hour or 2.......

I want to see Alex tour with Steven Wilson and his band.

That might work. Everyone loves his stage persona. Hopefully he won't get too crazy to handle.

Yes. Exactly. My thought reading the subject was, "Alex in a solo show? Oh. Great. Two hours of Alex channeling Andy Kaufman." Like Andy Kaufman, it would be funny for about 10 minutes... but would then get old.

Don't get me wrong. I appreciate Alex' sense of humor and his LVS rants were hilarious. The one here in San Antonio during Vapor Trails was probably the favorite that I saw. He started out asking, in a lisp, if anyone felt like dancing, and then did a bizarre little dance around stage... then he chastised the crowd for not dancing and made fun of the white guy dance (by doing it)... then some other ramblings in which he finally ended up laying on the stage. It was quite funny.... but I was also thankful when Neil had enough :tsk: and got them going again. :D