Gotham

Lost In Xanadu

With all the comic nerds here, no thread about this show?

Is anyone else watching?

I never read the comics, I don't know how much they got into the back story, but ai really enjoy the cast in the show.

I have really enjoyed the development of the penguin character. As Relayer said, Gordon and his partner are great together.

A couple things I am not too big on...

- The girl they cast as Selina Kyle just doesn't work for me. Something about her acting doesn't flow well

- Alfred is great, but his voice doesn't fit the classic Alfred.

- The forced love triangle involving Barbara

I've enjoyed it quite a bit so far, especially Oswald Cobblepot, I can't wait until January 5th

It's back... one of 3 shows right now I make sure to watch. (Sleepy Hollow and Elementary are the others)

I really like this show a lot, only thing that bothers me a little is "knowing" how things will turn out. You know Oswald is not going to die.... Maybe that is to appeal to people who don't know a lot of the background? I know my daughter has a basic knowledge, but loves the stories, and the character development is stellar.

I've got caught up on this show just in time to see them supposedly introduce The Joker tonight. Pretty good timing on my part.

This show is really damn good. I'm not a comic nerd or anything but I probably know a little more than the casual fans knows about the Batman universe. Robin Lord Taylor's performance as Oswald/Penguin has been great so far. I never would have thought that this would be the villain they would devote the most time to when I started watching but the character development and performance has been nothing short of excellent so far.

Does anyone else think the girl that plays Cat looks a little like Michelle Pfeiffer and that's one of the reasons she got the role? I read that she's a ballerina/dancer, so that can help when she has to do cat like stuff on the show.

Gordon and Bullock have been great so far to. Excellent chemistry between the two actors.

If you haven't figured out who eventually becomes The Riddler then you're an idiot.

Gordon's first girlfriend was annoying as shit and i'm glad he's not with her anymore. He's a cop, he can't tell you stuff about his cases and give you knowledge that can get you in trouble, you stupid, selfish little bitch.

Looking forward to how the rest of the season plays out. Very entertaining show.

I've got caught up on this show just in time to see them supposedly introduce The Joker tonight. Pretty good timing on my part.

This show is really damn good. I'm not a comic nerd or anything but I probably know a little more than the casual fans knows about the Batman universe. Robin Lord Taylor's performance as Oswald/Penguin has been great so far. I never would have thought that this would be the villain they would devote the most time to when I started watching but the character development and performance has been nothing short of excellent so far.

Does anyone else think the girl that plays Cat looks a little like Michelle Pfeiffer and that's one of the reasons she got the role? I read that she's a ballerina/dancer, so that can help when she has to do cat like stuff on the show.

Gordon and Bullock have been great so far to. Excellent chemistry between the two actors.

If you haven't figured out who eventually becomes The Riddler then you're an idiot.

Gordon's first girlfriend was annoying as shit and i'm glad he's not with her anymore. He's a cop, he can't tell you stuff about his cases and give you knowledge that can get you in trouble, you stupid, selfish little bitch.

Looking forward to how the rest of the season plays out. Very entertaining show.

Excellent... only issue with Gordon and Barbara - they are going to get back together eventually. Barbara is Batgirl's mom! :)

The final run of the season looks to be great.

I haven't started this yet. I'm the binge watching type. Any guess if when they decide to wrap the series up if Batman will appear in an episode or three?

I watched it last night. I thought the would-be Joker was too much like Nicholson's rendition of it. But I like the Penguin.

I watched it last night. I thought the would-be Joker was too much like Nicholson's rendition of it. But I like the Penguin.

I thought so too... was waiting for him to say "wait till they get a load of me"

I haven't started this yet. I'm the binge watching type. Any guess if when they decide to wrap the series up if Batman will appear in an episode or three?

It would have to be on the air for a long time... Bruce Wayne is in nearly every episode, but he's like 13 or 14.

Excellent... only issue with Gordon and Barbara - they are going to get back together eventually. Barbara is Batgirl's mom! :)

The final run of the season looks to be great.

That sucks, I don't like Gordon's ex at all. He's got much better chemistry with his current girl and she's a lot better looking I think.

I like they way Jerome just turned into The Joker while Gordon was questioning him. I thought the transformation was done quite well. I don't mind if he was like Nicholson's Joker because that's still my favorite portrayal of the character. Heath Ledger did an awesome job in The Dark Knight but i've always liked Nicholson's Joker best.

So how old is The Joker at this time? Is he even 18? It seems like murdering your mom would get you life in prison but if he's not an adult yet he'll probably get sent to some juvenile home instead. Which will be easier to explain why he's in Gotham again once they bring him back.

The main thing i'm waiting for now is when Nigma fully transforms into The Riddler.

• Like 1

I grew up watching the reruns of the 1960s series of Batman and I still like Cesar Romero's version of Joker. His laugh was pretty unique. Julie Newmar is my alltime favorite catwoman.
  • Like 2

I grew up watching the reruns of the 1960s series of Batman and I still like Cesar Romero's version of Joker. His laugh was pretty unique. Julie Newmar is my alltime favorite catwoman.

I was always a Lee fan!

New season starts tonight. In the advertisements i've seen this season seems to have been given the subtitle of "Rise Of The Villains". So I guess we'll be seeing a lot of development for The Joker, Penguin, Riddler and maybe some other ones. Looking forward to it.
  • Like 1

I saw the first episode or two while on a flight earlier this year. It's not bad but I'm just not too jazzed about it. Maybe it has picked up since then?

I think if DC had some real balls they would've done another character that's important to the Justice League instead of milking the Dark Knight's tit once again.

And something more sci-fi.

http://www.alexrossart.com/galleries/justice_covers/thumb/justice_manhunter_thumb.jpg

I don't like the lead actor in this, that nerd from the OC. I just don't think I could ever take him seriously.

I think the bigger issue here is that you watched The OC :P

I thought the first episode was pretty good. I'm looking forward to how this supergroup of villains developes. We know it's obvious that Jerome eventually will break away from them and become The Joker but it will be nice to see how they get him there. I wonder if they'll make it a season long decent into madness like they did with Nigma last season?

• Like 1

I don't like the lead actor in this, that nerd from the OC. I just don't think I could ever take him seriously.

I think the bigger issue here is that you watched The OC :P

I thought the first episode was pretty good. I'm looking forward to how this supergroup of villains developes. We know it's obvious that Jerome eventually will break away from them and become The Joker but it will be nice to see how they get him there. I wonder if they'll make it a season long decent into madness like they did with Nigma last season?

I didn't watch it but I did see it advertised and that was enough to know it was a show populated by dorks.

Can't believe I forgot to comment after last week's show. Wow, that was easily the best episode in the whole series so far. The maniax are developing well and while I couldn't stand her last season, Barbara is way more interesting now that she's evil.

The guy playing Jerome really stole the show, especially in the Russian roulette scene. Once the character gets more development I think he's gonna be a hell of a Joker.

• Like 1