Anyone Playing Destiny?

LedRush

I just borrowed it from my brother and it looks and plays well, but I don't generally go for the MMO thing...I want as much of a single-player experience as possible.

I just borrowed it from my brother and it looks and plays well, but I don't generally go for the MMO thing...I want as much of a single-player experience as possible.

I have no interest in MMO - 16 or whatever is in an online game at a time in COD is plenty for me :)

I have no interest in MMO - 16 or whatever is in an online game at a time in COD is plenty for me :)

So far it's playing like a standard shooter with a very cool environment and atmosphere. I've never played MMO before (unless this one counts), but from what I understand it's more of a hybrid than an actual MMO.

:blink: ....

MMO is a massively multiplayer online game. Think of World of Warcraft, where you can have thousands of people playing the game at the same time. But in the case of this game, it is a shooter like Halo or Call of Duty, not a role playing game like World of Warcraft.

I don't play online games that often, but some of the now-gen video game systems are forcing me to. This is one example, and Titanfall is another. While I play them, I generally just treat it as much like a single player experience as I can.

MMO is a massively multiplayer online game. Think of World of Warcraft, where you can have thousands of people playing the game at the same time. But in the case of this game, it is a shooter like Halo or Call of Duty, not a role playing game like World of Warcraft.

I don't play online games that often, but some of the now-gen video game systems are forcing me to. This is one example, and Titanfall is another. While I play them, I generally just treat it as much like a single player experience as I can.

Appreciate the education but the last game I played was Donkey Kong and I was standing in front of it and dropping coins.... :LOL:

Appreciate the education but the last game I played was Donkey Kong and I was standing in front of it and dropping coins.... :LOL:

So imagine playing donkey kong, but each of the barrels and fireballs and whatnot are actually controlled by other humans playing the same game online.

• Like 1

So imagine playing donkey kong, but each of the barrels and fireballs and whatnot are actually controlled by other humans playing the same game online.

Sounds cool. Enjoy.... :cheers:

This game ate more of my coins than any other....

http://criticsight.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/karate-champ-arcade-criticsight.jpg

• Like 1

This game ate more of my coins than any other....

http://criticsight.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/karate-champ-arcade-criticsight.jpg

I played so much Donkey Kong in the 80's I couldn't tell ya. I would stop at the arcade on my way home from work very frequently (pre children). I haven't had any interest ever in home gaming systems and can't remember the last one I owned. Computer games are definitely out. I had/have enough trouble figuring this out.... :) Edited by Narpski

I love multiplayer. Its all about being part of a clan or a platoon or a guild or whatever. Games get so much more fun when you have to tackle tough content as a group. Single player makes me want to go to sleep.

My opinion of course.

Depends on the day for me. Destiny executes the multiplayer aspects well and doesn't fall into the trap just about every other MMO falls into where it's basically you and a few other guys doing the same thing over and over again.

But for someone like me who's interested in a good story, Destiny isn't the place to go. Might as well ignore any plot elements in there because the game doesn't really try to keep it going. Even Warframe does a better job with lore. But I guess Destiny did invent that amazingly awful bit of dialogue:

http://blogs-images.forbes.com/erikkain/files/2014/07/wizard-moon.jpg

• Like 1