Who here saw Rush on the AFTK and/or Signals tour(s)?

Lorraine

I didn't get on board (live show wise) until the Hemispheres tour. I of course attended the Signals tour also. Don't remember a thing from either of them in any detail to be honest. I remember the venues and thats about it.... :( :codger: Edited by Narpski

I didn't get on board (live show wise) until the Hemispheres tour. I of course attended the Signals tour also. Don't remember a thing from either of them in any detail to be honest. I remember the venues and thats about it.... :( :codger:

Isn't that a shame?

I didn't get on board (live show wise) until the Hemispheres tour. I of course attended the Signals tour also. Don't remember a thing from either of them in any detail to be honest. I remember the venues and thats about it.... :( :codger:

Isn't that a shame?

Indeed. I attended many shows back then and most of them are just a blur at this point. I know who, where and how many times I saw each band and am proud of the shows I attended but the details are mostly long lost....

i wasn't even a thought.

Your parents must have been younger than you are now! :LOL:

That is true in my case. Parents were still in elementary school during AFTK I believe.

same here. they were both 10 during AFTK and about 15 during Signals. my dad saw Rush for the first time in 1987 and i still wasn't even a thought! :P
  • Like 2

That Cygnus site is a treasure trove of info. You can find out where rush was and what they played on any date they ever played professionally.

Yes, it is a treasure trove of info. So is the RushVault.

But I wanted to hear from those who were actually at the concerts what they remember. If anything. I don't remember much myself from any concerts I went to forty/thirty years ago. Had I known I would regret not remembering one day, I would have taken pictures during and written up accounts after every concert. :LOL: Bad thing about being young is that you think it will last forever. :cool:

i wasn't even a thought.

That is true in my case. Parents were still in elementary school during AFTK I believe.

:blink: ....
  • Like 1

i wasn't even a thought.

same here. they were both 10 during AFTK and about 15 during Signals. my dad saw Rush for the first time in 1987 and i still wasn't even a thought! :P

:LOL: :lol: Now I feel more ancient than ever. :LOL:

i wasn't even a thought.

:blink: again....

Are your grandparents younger than me?

well my grandma (mom's mom) was born in 1945...i think my dad's mom was born just a few years before.
  • Like 1

Are your grandparents younger than me?

well my grandma (mom's mom) was born in 1945...i think my dad's mom was born just a few years before.

Well, that's a bit of a relief. :LOL:

:sigh: :rfl:.....
  • Like 1

i wasn't even a thought.

Well I was only a senior in high school. That's pretty close isn't it? Never mind. No its not damn it!! :rage: :)

Oops forgot.... :codger:

Edited by Narpski

I received Signals from Rush with special guests Nazareth on May 11th 1983. The concert was held in a small town called Eppelheim, outside of Heidelberg, Germany.

What I can remember is that I was blown away by the sound, as soon as Alex played the first notes of The Spirit Of Radio. Best Rush live sound to this day for me. I also remember how great they played that night and Xanadu with the two double necks was surely a highlight of the show. Can't remember what The Weapon was like, maybe because we had no 3-D glasses and we saw it only in one-half-D. ;)

• Like 4

I received Signals from Rush with special guests Nazareth on May 11th 1983. The concert was held in a small town called Eppelheim, outside of Heidelberg, Germany.

What I can remember is that I was blown away by the sound, as soon as Alex played the first notes of The Spirit Of Radio. Best Rush live sound to this day for me. I also remember how great they played that night and Xanadu with the two double necks was surely a highlight of the show. Can't remember what The Weapon was like, maybe because we had no 3-D glasses and we saw it only in one-half-D. ;)

Did they really pass those glasses out at every concert? :LOL:

I envy you, Greyfriar. It was a once in a lifetime experience for sure.

I still think you have the most Rush friendly meet and greet picture I've ever seen. Like you were an old friend they knew well and were glad to see. Maybe there is something you're not telling us? ;)

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1