25 best metal bands of all time

Rushman14

I don't like Cannibal Corpse (because I'm a pussy and all that)...

I've never heard of at least half of them but no surprise there.... :sigh:

My top three:

1. Paradise Lost

2. Opeth

3. Mastodon

I don't regard Lacuna Coil as true metal. Inspired by metal, but not quite!

At least I can always say I saw the 16th best metal band of all time at a house party before anyone ever heard of them.

I've only seen six of those bands, although there's only about three there that I would have liked to see back in the day (Metallica, Anthrax, Sepultura).

I don't know how anybody can like Motorhead. Lemmy is crazy and he plays a Ric but that's all I can say about him. His singing is atrocious. :LOL:
  • Like 1

I don't know how anybody can like Motorhead. Lemmy is crazy and he plays a Ric but that's all I can say about him. His singing is atrocious. :LOL:

lol, music dont have to be pretty.

if everyone was "technically proficient" and sang opera the world would be a boring boring place

• Like 1

Out of this list, I only like about 7 of them, but out of those, Maiden's my favorite and from them onward I found my way towards other metal bands. I find it quite appropriate that Opeth and Meshuggah are right next to each other at 17 and 18. I like Morbid Angel, but I only have the Covenant album. I'm more of a Death fan to be honest when it comes to death metal.

anyway the list is pretty predictable and I heavily disagree with a few of these, but I mean, come on, priest, maiden, sabbath, bands like that simply cant be denied, same with the big 4 thrash groups and some of the others.

not sure what the hell lamb of god are doing on here, or testament, or at the gates... but hey, it's just a list

if everyone was "technically proficient" and sang opera the world would be a boring boring place

The world would be better if there was less shit too, though.

eh, it's subjective

from what I know about your taste in metal, you just like power metal right? see, I think most power metal is lame. different strokes. I love a good bit of it though

eh, it's subjective

from what I know about your taste in metal, you just like power metal right? see, I think most power metal is lame. different strokes. I love a good bit of it though

Essentially yes, a quite selective amount of progressive/power metal, and I'll at least nod to fathers I see as deserving :)

I assume you don't like opera then? :LOL:

• Like 1

I assume you don't like opera then? :LOL:

bruce dickinson's about as close as I get! :D

• Like 1