ABC 1974 is a official album!

YYZumbi

I am sitting here and listening to Rush ABC 1974. A lot of people complains and get angry when I say that I have bought a Rush bootleg on CD and Vinyl.

They have always, and so have I, thought that this is not a official album, but according to this site: http://rushvault.com/2014/10/05/what-to-make-of-rush-live-in-st-louis-1980-recording/

It is a official album!!

A popular bootleg of Rush’s 1974 Agora Ballroom concert in Cleveland had been circulating free on the Internet for years in the same way under the title The Fifth Order of Angels before Rush in 2011 put out an authorized version along with three bonus tracks from their 1975 show at the same venue called ABC 1974. In addition to the bonus tracks, the recording quality on the authorized version had been cleaned up quite a bit, although it’s still a very raw sound.

The band had said its release of ABC 1974 was an effort to reassert some control over its music, and it’s worth wondering if they should do the same thing with this recording. It could give them a chance to make the sonic quality of the recording even better.

I had it on cassette in the late 80s. The sound quality of the CD is a huge improvement from the tape. But even back then, it was one of the better sounding bootlegs I had. Trading tapes through the mail with no clue what you were going to get sucked compared to now when you can download a song off of the internet in less than a minute. If the quality is good, you download the whole show.

But, we did have the built up excitement that lasted a few days knowing you had some new Rush shows in the mail heading your way as opposed to seconds nowdays.

I ain't buying anything for the most part that I don't really need. No can do.....

And so much of it is online. It's amazing how good some things sound if you just hook your laptop up to a reasonably decent set of speakers with a sub.

I ain't buying anything for the most part that I don't really need. No can do.....

:P

That popped into my head too. A classic no doubt even for the haters....
  • Like 1

It's nowhere to be found on Rush's official website. Nowhere. It's not official.

Nothing here to see then..... :sigh: :outtahere:
  • Like 1

It's nowhere to be found on Rush's official website. Nowhere. It's not official.

their live album Clockwork Angels Tour, and Vapor Trails Remixed is not on their site either, does that makes them bootlegs as well...?

their live album Clockwork Angels Tour, and Vapor Trails Remixed is not on their site either, does that makes them bootlegs as well...?

Obviously, they have not updated the discography, but they are definitely selling them:

http://www.rushbackstage.com/rushbackstage/media-260/compact-discs/index.html

Obviously, they have not updated the discography, but they are definitely selling them:

http://www.rushbacks...iscs/index.html

Maybe they just does not wanna sell it?

Hey, Rush are cash grabbers, of course they would want to sell it! If it was official.

It's not an official Rush album. Personally, I have no ethical problem with bootlegs if they are traded for free. In this day and age, if you buy a bootleg, you ripped yourself off.

Hey, Rush are cash grabbers, of course they would want to sell it! If it was official.

It's not an official Rush album. Personally, I have no ethical problem with bootlegs if they are traded for free. In this day and age, if you buy a bootleg, you ripped yourself off.

But you saw it you self, on the Rushvault-site, they are almost always right

I have bought this bootleg three times. One CD and two vinyls.

It's on iTunes in the UK for what it's worth...

That probably has to do with copyright laws in Europe. I'm sure a record company with no official affiliation with Rush can obtain copyrights to bootleg recordings. It just a hunch on my part.

Which one is it because there on so many? May seem a silly question but I don't see it on there.... :blink:

Which one is it because there on so many? May seem a silly question but I don't see it on there.... :blink:

The link refers to Clockwork Angels Live and Vapor Trails Remix.

It's on iTunes in the UK for what it's worth...

For What It's Worth is on Feedback, not the ABC 1974 show.

:smoke: :P

• Like 1

Fifth Order Of Angels sounds more like a bootleg for the Clockwork Angels tour.

It's not. I've heard it.

Fifth Order Of Angels sounds more like a bootleg for the Clockwork Angels tour.

It's not. I've heard it.

I know that, I'm just saying that the name "Fifth Order Of Angels" sounds like it would be appropriate for a Clockwork Angels tour boot.