Has anyone ripped the audio from the R40 Molson 97 show?

jonboy71

didn't work. I had already tried that. Hopefully someone will rip the dvd and pass along the files. I only care about the TFE material.

This disc uses newer version of AACS protection. Please let us know about it by visiting http://www.makemkv.com/a/?iIiIiIjH3kd/FA...

The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted

Backup failed

If you only want the Test For Echo audio, then I have already told you that it exist better: get the bootleg called Great Woods And Summer Skies.

It's a whole concert from Test For Echo Tour in GREAT quality.

• Like 1

Okay, I've heard the audio samples from YouTube and I've been comparing that with the fan footage that's been on YouTube for years. I honestly think that the audio from the Molson 1997 footage definitely sounds like it's the actual audio from that night's performance, which makes me think that Rush/management either A) over-exaggerated the audio problems as it seems to me it was mostly a problem with trying to sync up the audio with the video (which with today's video editing technology, is incredibly easy to do), or B) they got someone really good (David Bottril) to touch up and fix the audio problems. Edited by PolarizeMe

Okay, I've heard the audio samples from YouTube and I've been comparing that with the fan footage that's been on YouTube for years. I honestly think that the audio from the Molson 1997 footage definitely sounds like it's the actual audio from that night's performance, which makes me think that Rush/management either A) over-exaggerated the audio problems as it seems to me it was mostly a problem with trying to sync up the audio with the video (which with today's video editing technology, is incredibly easy to do), or B) they got someone really good (David Bottril) to touch up and fix the audio problems.

I say option B and I also say they should use him for every project from here on out. Maybe they have finally figured that out?

I like David Bottril's mixing compared to Rich Chycki's in my honest opinion. I would hope that they turn to him for future projects as well. A David Bottril mixed Clockwork Angels Tour and Rush In Rio might interest me cause those two sound horrendous although I'm more lenient towards Rio's audio production setbacks considering the circumstances.
  • Like 1

If you only want the Test For Echo audio, then I have already told you that it exist better: get the bootleg called Great Woods And Summer Skies.

My go to boot great show!!

Actually available at Amazon for 30 bucks, what kind of dbag would sell a bootleg????

Actually available at Amazon for 30 bucks, what kind of dbag would sell a bootleg????

Lots of people sell bootlegs, I have bought a Permanent Waves Tour bootleg both on CD and Vinyl.

Lots of people sell bootlegs

Translation: "I sell bootlegs"

Lots of people sell bootlegs

Translation: "I sell bootlegs"

How much of your profit is going to Rush?

I don't know. Ask Zumbi. Or do you not understand what a translation is?

I understand what a Scumbag is!!!!

Someone who makes assumptions based on what he thinks about a person rather than what he has actually written?

Sav is implying that Zumbi is selling bootlegs.

• Like 1

Someone who makes assumptions based on what he thinks about a person rather than what he has actually written?

my point exactly!!!

my point exactly!!!

So you get it now? Cool...

my point exactly!!!

Zumbi's given away bootlegs for free on this very forum, I have many in my collection to thank him for. One of the things I like about this place is how people like Zumbi share. I don't know what this "he's selling bootlegs" thing came from.

• Like 4

my point exactly!!!

Zumbi's given away bootlegs for free on this very forum, I have many in my collection to thank him for. One of the things I like about this place is how people like Zumbi share. I don't know what this "he's selling bootlegs" thing came from.

Aaw, thank you, that was very nice of you to say! :) Well as you know, I am only a message away if you want new bootlegs. I got them all now, since I got the bootleg hard drive! :)

my point exactly!!!

it's called a "joke". Almost everyone here (maybe 90% or so) is extremely literal or has Asperger Syndrome (or both).

Are most Rush fans really humorless, overly-serious automatons? Perhaps that stereotype has been accurate all along...

Edit: Just noticed your avatar is a robot....what a coincidence...

Edited by savagegrace26

it's called a "joke". Almost everyone here (maybe 90% or so) is extremely literal or has Asperger Syndrome (or both).

Are most Rush fans really humorless, overly-serious automatons? Perhaps that stereotype has been accurate all along...

Are you still joking? Sometimes it's hard to tell. I find humour without the superior and snotty tone is generally more funny.

• Like 2

Are you still joking? Sometimes it's hard to tell. I find humour without the superior and snotty tone is generally more funny.

I never said a "joke" had to be funny. Hence the quotations.

I usually don't have this "superior and snotty" tone until I have to remind to lighten the hell up.