Has anyone ripped the audio from the R40 Molson 97 show?

jonboy71

it's called a "joke". Almost everyone here (maybe 90% or so) is extremely literal or has Asperger Syndrome (or both).

Are most Rush fans really humorless, overly-serious automatons? Perhaps that stereotype has been accurate all along...

Edit: Just noticed your avatar is a robot....what a coincidence...

Are you still joking? Sometimes it's hard to tell. I find humour without the superior and snotty tone is generally more funny.

I never said a "joke" had to be funny. Hence the quotations.

I usually don't have this "superior and snotty" tone until I have to remind to lighten the hell up.

Just a suggestion.People tend to get defensive when someone has a superior and snotty tone. So it might be best to drop it altogether. Makes for a much nicer atmosphere on the forum.

• Like 1

:popcorn: ....

I've stared at this little popcorn-eatin' dude for about 5 minutes now, and I've noticed that the bag is always full. And it's making me thirsty.

• Like 1

it's called a "joke". Almost everyone here (maybe 90% or so) is extremely literal or has Asperger Syndrome (or both).

Are most Rush fans really humorless, overly-serious automatons? Perhaps that stereotype has been accurate all along...

Are you still joking? Sometimes it's hard to tell. I find humour without the superior and snotty tone is generally more funny.

I usually don't have this "superior and snotty" tone until I have to remind to lighten the hell up.

Just a suggestion.People tend to get defensive when someone has a superior and snotty tone. So it might be best to drop it altogether. Makes for a much nicer atmosphere on the forum.

I understand that but if people stop taking innocuous one-line joke statements on ridiculous tangents than that "tone" wouldn't happen at all.

I could also give you some suggestions but since I'm a gentleman I will refrain :)

Edited by savagegrace26

I've stared at this little popcorn-eatin' dude for about 5 minutes now, and I've noticed that the bag is always full. And it's making me thirsty.

It's like Mary Poppin's magic bag.

Poppin's Popcorn: "the bag's always full."

Poppin's Popcorn: "the bag's always full."

Sounds tasty. :LOL:

I don't know. Ask Zumbi. Or do you not understand what a translation is?

I understand what a Scumbag is!!!!

Someone who makes assumptions based on what he thinks about a person rather than what he has actually written?

Sav is implying that Zumbi is selling bootlegs.

my point exactly!!!

So you get it now? Cool...

Zumbi's given away bootlegs for free on this very forum, I have many in my collection to thank him for. One of the things I like about this place is how people like Zumbi share. I don't know what this "he's selling bootlegs" thing came from.

See, I tend to expect jokes to be funny, or at least contextually relevant, not just saying random provocative things. But keep trying, you might figure it out eventually! :laughing yellow guy:

I don't know. Ask Zumbi. Or do you not understand what a translation is?

I understand what a Scumbag is!!!!

Someone who makes assumptions based on what he thinks about a person rather than what he has actually written?

Sav is implying that Zumbi is selling bootlegs.

my point exactly!!!

So you get it now? Cool...

Zumbi's given away bootlegs for free on this very forum, I have many in my collection to thank him for. One of the things I like about this place is how people like Zumbi share. I don't know what this "he's selling bootlegs" thing came from.

See, I tend to expect jokes to be funny, or at least contextually relevant, not just saying random provocative things. But keep trying, you might figure it out eventually! :laughing yellow guy:

Figure what out? I've been an internet d*ck for 30+ years. There is nothing for me to figure out. You need to figure out when people are taking the piss. You're apparently struggling with that.

You're not very good at this posting on a message board thing, are you?

Now that would depend on what my intentions are wouldn't it? If I'm not "good" at this (whatever that means) based on whatever standards some people may expect that's certainly a "skill" I wouldn't need on my resume.

Now that would depend on what my intentions are wouldn't it? If I'm not "good" at this (whatever that means) based on whatever standards some people may expect that's certainly a "skill" I wouldn't need on my resume.

It would depend on you making good posts -- posts which contribute in a positive manner to the community. You're capable of making such posts, but you instead choose to post like a tool. That makes you "not good" at this.

Can we assume you're under 14 years of age? I'm serious.

It would depend on you making good posts -- posts which contribute in a positive manner to the community. You're capable of making such posts, but you instead choose to post like a tool. That makes you "not good" at this.

Can we assume you're under 14 years of age? I'm serious.

Depends on what my online persona conveys.

Are you guys still fighting about this bootleg-thing...?

Just confess already. Make it easy for everyone.

Confess what...?

Confess that you became a wealthy prince by selling Rush bootlegs by the truckloads all over the world.

Ehm dude, I have not sold any bootlegs at all... I am giving away them for free. Thou I have bought some bootlegs.

Confess what...?

Confess that you became a wealthy prince by selling Rush bootlegs by the truckloads all over the world.

Ehm dude, I have not sold any bootlegs at all... I am giving away them for free. Thou I have bought some bootlegs.

Buying them is just as bad as selling them. It is ethically wrong to support people profiting off the band's work without their consent.

Confess what...?

Buying them is just as bad as selling them. It is ethically wrong to support people profiting off the band's work without their consent.

I have said this before, and I am saying it again...

I am a full supporter of the band, I buy all their stuff, so if they was to sell one of the bootlegs that I have, then I would buy it again from them.

And besides, I don't give a shit of what you think...

• Like 1

Confess what...?

I have said this before, and I am saying it again...

I am a full supporter of the band, I buy all their stuff, so if they was to sell one of the bootlegs that I have, then I would buy it again from them.

And besides, I don't give a shit of what you think...

Many people think like this, not just me. Buying or selling bootlegs is frowned upon in the bootleg "community".

You're also wasting your money as you should be able to get whatever you're paying for free. Bootlegs are about trading, not about profit.