Rush still undecided about 2015

Rushman14

:cheers:

These dudes clink but never drink . . .

:hail: :hail:

There.

Sure they drink. When you're not looking. Haven't you noticed how they have managed to perfect the art of clicking full to the brim mugs of ale without spilling a drop? Impressive, don't you think?

I'm telling you, I stared at them for over five minutes without blinking and I never saw them drinking. (he said rhymingly)

Anyway, I thought it was root beer.

Of course you didn't see it when you sit there and stare at them. I said they drink when you aren't looking. :wacko:

Root beer. Ale. Who cares? They still don't spill a drop of it! :)

There.

Sure they drink. When you're not looking. Haven't you noticed how they have managed to perfect the art of clicking full to the brim mugs of ale without spilling a drop? Impressive, don't you think?

I'm telling you, I stared at them for over five minutes without blinking and I never saw them drinking. (he said rhymingly)

Of course you didn't see it when you sit there and stare at them. I said they drink when you aren't looking. :wacko:

I want to know how the ale turns into root beer.

There.

So that's why they get so pissed when I stare at them. They can't get pissed.

Edited by toymaker
  • Like 1

You sat there while thinking

for minutes, not blinking

their glasses kept clinking

but alas, no one drinking...

What I think is impressive is the icon downing that whole glass of what looks to me like Guinness, without spilling a drop (even more amazing when you consider that icon has no arms...so he/she/it made the glass levitate and tilt at the right angle and speed for guzziling neatly).

• Like 1

Whatever they say I'd never expect RUSH to give up touring just like that, "hey kids, remember last tour, well that was indeed our last" !

No way, it's not like them...at least it's not like they're already retired and fed up with the touring rock band business.

I hope such thing would be annouced as a "Good-bye Tour" even if it's only in a bunch of North American venues.

Edited by 1001001SOS
  • Like 3

Whatever they say I'd never expect RUSH to give up touring just like that, "hey kids, remember last tour, well that was indeed our last" ! No way, it's not like them! At least i wish so....

I hope they'd annouce it beforehand and make a "Good-bye Tour" even if it's only in a bunch of North American venues.

Welcome, SOS, to TRF!

Geddy said he is very bad at saying good-bye, so I don't know that they would announce before hand that it is a final tour.

• Like 1

Whatever they say I'd never expect RUSH to give up touring just like that, "hey kids, remember last tour, well that was indeed our last" ! No way, it's not like them! At least i wish so....

I hope they'd annouce it beforehand and make a "Good-bye Tour" even if it's only in a bunch of North American venues.

Welcome, SOS, to TRF!

Geddy said he is very bad at saying good-bye, so I don't know that they would announce before hand that it is a final tour.

Yes, welcome to the TRF.... :cheers:
  • Like 2

Rush is never going to announce a farewell tour type of thing. It's just not in their nature to go out in that typical fashion. Time will pass, life will go on, there will be less and less news, interviews, updates, etc. One day, they will simply cease to exist in an outward, productive manner as a band. Incredibly sad to consider but I believe that's what will happen.
  • Like 2

Rush is never going to announce a farewell tour type of thing. It's just not in their nature to go out in that typical fashion. Time will pass, life will go on, there will be less and less news, interviews, updates, etc. One day, they will simply cease to exist in an outward, productive manner as a band. Incredibly sad to consider but I believe that's what will happen.

Sooner rather than later unfortunately. The end of the road is in sight.

And some people will miss having stuff to complain about.

I will certainly miss the band when they retire from a live performance perspective. And I'll miss the fact that the ever lingering anticipation of new news or new material or something will most likely cease to exist, especially from Neil. Which is sad to me because although I'm not a fan that is so engrossed with them that I would ever want to run into them during lunch, I find Neil very interesting and his lyrics have walked me through so many moments of my life that the idea of him extinguishing that part of himself almost seems like a waste of incredible talent.

On a brighter tone the legacy they will leave behind for all of us to enjoy for the rest of our lives is so vast and so inspirational that I find it difficult to really locate anything sad about it. Their music is them. That part, thankfully, can never be taken away.

• Like 1

Why are people on this board dwelling on how & when Rush will call it quits? Why not just stay in the moment and enjoy the anticipation of new stuff/a new tour? It will be too soon when they do quit so why hurry it along?
  • Like 2

Why are people on this board dwelling on how & when Rush will call it quits? Why not just stay in the moment and enjoy the anticipation of new stuff/a new tour? It will be too soon when they do quit so why hurry it along?

Do you really think there's any clarifiable purpose or reason for what 90% of the people here post?

Do you really think there's any clarifiable purpose or reason for what 90% of the people here post?

Of course there is. 90% of the people here are jerks. :LOL: See Zumbi to find out if you are in the 90% or one of the elite 10%.

Edited by Lorraine

Of course there is. 90% of the people here are jerks. :LOL: See Zumbi to find out if you are in the 90% or one of the elite 10%.

1% are elitist a$$holes.

I belong to that special group.

1% are elitist a$$holes.

Oh.

Good for you for throwing in a positive outlook. We could use more of that on here.

• Like 3

1% are elitist a$$holes.

Oh.

Now I'm curious. Where do I fit into this caste system?

1% are elitist a$$holes.

Oh.

You will have to consult the creator of the caste system - Zumbi. :)

Good for you for throwing in a positive outlook. We could use more of that on here.

Of course! Now, what's your positive outlook on Geddy's voice? :)

It sounded fantastic on the CA album. And on the last tour they played Limelight during one show I saw, and he nailed the high notes.

• Like 1

It sounded fantastic on the CA album. And on the last tour they played Limelight during one show I saw, and he nailed the high notes.

I thought he sounded great on YYZ and Where's My Thing. :)

• Like 1

1% are elitist a$$holes.

Oh.

You will have to consult the creator of the caste system - Zumbi. :)

You're right. :) Hey, Zumbi, am I a jerk?