Geddy Lee: Rush Undecided on 2015 Tour

antiquark

alright, so r42 will be the final tour, and I don't foresee any new records anytime soon because it takes them years to do shit. and CA was pretty damn good, so I'm fine if that's the last one. I'm a little disappointed by the lack of progression in their music since counterparts, anyway.
  • Like 1

I know this is very selfish of me to say, but this really gets me mad. My whole damn life I've come in at the tail end of everything. Apparently this will include Rush too. For all of you who have sat through three hour Rush concerts in the past, count your blessings. I think those days are over.

I don't begrudge Rush their retirement. They have worked very, very hard for many decades. But. Still...... :(

You can't blame Rush for that, they have toured for 40 years, you have had many chances to see them live.

You always know just what to say. Reminds me of a former member (or two) here.... :facepalm:

geddylee = zumbi = spaghettilee =........ savagegrace? :o

Hmmm... could they be alias accounts? Have the moderators have ever checked their IP addresses? Same address == same person.

• Like 1

If Rush becomes a studio only band I will literally kill myself.

lol, dude. most of the users here made it through the untimely deaths of john lennon, john bonham, keith moon, bon scott...lorraine probably remembers when hendrix croaked. a bunch of old people retiring is nothing to kill yourself over.

I do think studio-only rush is a lame idea, though. every five-six years we'll get another hour of the same stuff they've been doing for 20 years, oh boy haha

• Like 3

I know this is very selfish of me to say, but this really gets me mad. My whole damn life I've come in at the tail end of everything. Apparently this will include Rush too. For all of you who have sat through three hour Rush concerts in the past, count your blessings. I think those days are over.

I don't begrudge Rush their retirement. They have worked very, very hard for many decades. But. Still...... :(

You can't blame Rush for that, they have toured for 40 years, you have had many chances to see them live.

You always know just what to say. Reminds me of a former member (or two) here.... :facepalm:

Hmmm... could they be alias accounts? Have the moderators have ever checked their IP addresses? Same address == same person.

well, between you and me...a little birdy told me that 73's been a little bored lately...going a bit, er, bonkers, if you will...some folks on the inside suspect that all of these accounts are 73 giving himself something to do during the day...but you didnt hear that from me.

• Like 2

You forgot FancyDancer.... :huh:
  • Like 2

well, between you and me...a little birdy told me that 73's been a little bored lately...going a bit, er, bonkers, if you will...some folks on the inside suspect that all of these accounts are 73 giving himself something to do during the day...but you didnt hear that from me.

:laughing guy:

lol, dude. most of the users here made it through the untimely deaths of john lennon, john bonham, keith moon, bon scott...lorraine probably remembers when hendrix croaked. a bunch of old people retiring is nothing to kill yourself over.

I do think studio-only rush is a lame idea, though. every five-six years we'll get another hour of the same stuff they've been doing for 20 years, oh boy haha

:LMAO: Yes, in fact, I do. Very well. Janis Joplin and Jim Morrison too.

• Like 2

And Mama Cass.... :rfl: bathory can nudge the funny bone just right at times. Big fan here.... :)
  • Like 2

And Mama Cass.... :rfl: bathory can nudge the funny bone just right at times. Big fan here.... :)

That's right. Mama Cass. The rumor going around at the time (and I'm not making this up) was that she choked to death on a ham sandwich.

Thanks for the laugh, Bathory. :codger:

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

That's right. Mama Cass. The rumor going around (and I'm not making this up) was that she choked to death on a ham sandwich.

I remember her death and the hoopla that surrounded it. The ham sandwich was what I had heard too. I was a little young to give a sh*t at the time about the others mentioned. The big rock star death that first hit home hard for me was Bon Scott. I had just seen them a few months previous. They were friggin awesome.... RIP

That's right. Mama Cass. The rumor going around at the time (and I'm not making this up) was that she choked to death on a ham sandwich.

https://www.themedicalbag.com/story/mama-cass-elliot
  • Like 1

https://www.themedic...ama-cass-elliot

Thanks LIX. They made some beautiful music while it lasted.....

Thanks, LIX! That was interesting. She was so young. At the time, she seemed ancient to me.

Thanks, LIX! That was interesting. She was so young. At the time, she seemed ancient to me.

At the time she seemed fat to me. Now she would be "challenged" in some way. Not even sure the "proper" word for fat these days. Anybody?... ;) :huh:

All of the above=geminirising

I still think it is awful to purposefully deceive anyone. I don't care what your problem is. To join a forum and have multiple accounts so as to amuse yourself and play with people is low.

:LOL: I've had probably over 50 accounts on sputnikmusic over the years. I've been there since I was 11 years old...

I was always getting banned for a week or two at a time, and I always had spare accounts to use when I was banned. everybody knew it was me, it was just my way of "getting around" being banned so I could still talk about music with other dumbasses.

you can write music reviews there and people vote on whether or not it's a good review...I can't say I (and many others) haven't used multiple accounts to ruin someone's feedback. don't worry, we'd only do that to assholes. who decides if someone's an asshole? me, of course :D

I haven't engaged in any of that behavior since I was in 9th or 10th grade, though, but that wasn't so long ago.

I still think it is awful to purposefully deceive anyone. I don't care what your problem is. To join a forum and have multiple accounts so as to amuse yourself and play with people is low.

Back in my day they would call that "home training". Guess this generation doesn't or isn't getting enough. I wouldn't even consider such a thing.... :codger: :sigh: Edited by Narpski

Wow.

And you think I'M rude?

• Like 1

Wow.

And you think I'M rude?

Unbelievable huh?.... Geez
  • Like 2

it seems like they've got a ton of their fans' hopes up. when i saw people saying it was official, i knew i had a reason to be skeptical.

Yep, I was right there with you, though I'm not sure skeptical is the right word. I think cautious would better describe my comprehension of verbiage that others took as definitive confirmation of a tour starting this coming spring. Funny, I just had a conversation at last Saturday's kRush show at JB McGinnes with a guy who asked me if I had heard about the upcoming tour, and he swore up and down that they were definitely touring. But the fact is, until it is posted on Rush.com, nothing is official. But maybe this is just the Philadelphia sports fan in me coming through… after all these painful years, I think I've learned to keep my hopes and expectations in check.

:hockeygoon:

I think Neil should play on computerized "Drum pads" that dont require the labor-intensity of a regular kit. He'd be playing stuff like an EDM DJ would but still have control of specific elements of each strike. Or just play a stripped kit. Be funny to see him sitting up in the middle like a dj :) Besides, I think Rush should incorporate more technology and musical ideas from edm. Sheesh, Neil was shamefully rapping back in the 90's! :)