Magus Orbis Terrae Hereditas officially released!

JARG

:haz: Gave this one another spin last night. Really digging Disturbing The Universe.

It's pretty epic. This one has a combination of Mike's and my guitar parts.

:haz: Gave this one another spin last night. Really digging Disturbing The Universe.

Finally getting caught up with these, and this is the first one I listened to. A good example of an 8-minute song that doesn't sound like it was stretched to fill 8 minutes -- the song just naturally took that long to tell the story. Very well done and my attention never wavered. Great pinch harmonics on the first solo!

• Like 3

Finally getting caught up with these, and this is the first one I listened to. A good example of an 8-minute song that doesn't sound like it was stretched to fill 8 minutes -- the song just naturally took that long to tell the story. Very well done and my attention never wavered. Great pinch harmonics on the first solo!

Thanks...that first solo was mostly improvised...the others have more thought put into them.

Great stuff! I dived in with Disturbing The Universe, since I read some of the praise from others. Fantastic playing and some nice interesting things going on in the rhythm. Great sound, too. I definitely look forward to checking some more out (when time permits)
  • Like 1

Great stuff! I dived in with Disturbing The Universe, since I read some of the praise from others. Fantastic playing and some nice interesting things going on in the rhythm. Great sound, too. I definitely look forward to checking some more out (when time permits)

Thanks!

Thanks...that first solo was mostly improvised...the others have more thought put into them.

Actually, the short little solo at the end was pretty much off-the-cuff as well.

Actually, the short little solo at the end was pretty much off-the-cuff as well.

I wish I could improvise that effectively. I really need to set up some backing tracks and practice the hell out of that.

I wish I could improvise that effectively. I really need to set up some backing tracks and practice the hell out of that.

And I wish I was better at composing solos! I tend to overthink the feel right out of my playing if I try.

And I wish I was better at composing solos! I tend to overthink the feel right out of my playing if I try.

That's a problem I have with playing as well. I'm very unemotive as a person, and it translates (im)perfectly over to my guitar playing, so if I'm just jamming I find that it ends up turning into a song written by someone else or whatever solo noodling I do is just plain bluesy pentatonic scales, no originality.

As far as your solos go on the record I'm finding them to be VERY tasteful and well composed :haz:

Aw thanks man! That means a lot to me!

Am I the only one who thinks of Alex when I hear JARG?

Shit, it wouldn't surprise me if that was one of his main influences for this :D

Alex who?