What CD's are you planning to buy?

Freedom_Fighter

what all cds are you guys planning to buy next?

i myself have got a LOT of cds i need to pick up right now. too bad i'm not exactly loaded on cash lol. i need a job so badly.

first of all, i need to get any rush cd i can possibly find other than moving pictures, which is the only one i currently have.

these cds are also at the top of my list:

The Mars Volta: De-loused in the bla bla bla (duno the name lol)

Kamelot: The Black Halo

Queensryche: Operation: Mindcrime

Ayreon: The Human Equation

others i'd like to pick up:

The Mars Volta: Frances the Mute

Queensryche: Empire

Rise Against: Siren Song of the Counter-Culture

Lacuna Coil: En Revirie

there's several more that i definitely wouldn't mind having but these are the ones that are at the front of my mind. most of it is prog but there's some other stuff too, like mars volta which is considered prog i guess but they don't like to be labeled, and kamelot which is closer to power metal, and rise against which is like punk.

personally i think QUEENSRYCHE'S RAGE FOR ORDER is f***ing awesome. do yourself a favor FF and look into that one. not a bad song on it and it was just before everyone jumped on the QR bandwagon. in other words it was their first peak after all the MAIDEN fans discovered them in like 1983.

for RUSH i would pick up A FAREWELL TO KINGS and then get HEMISPHERES followed by 2112, then ALL THE WORLD'S A STAGE.

Marillion - Marbles 2cd, This Strange Engine, Anoraknophobia

Porcupine Tree - The Sky Moves Sideways

Peter Gabriel - Growing Up Live dvd

well actually i already got 2112 but i don't count it cuz it's burned and i wanna eventually buy the actual cd sometime. but otherwise, whenever i get money to buy another rush cd i was just gonna start going with the earliest one i can find. i wanna try and find their very first one.

k i'll look into that QR album. i've heard Silent Lucidity of Empire though, and a little bit of Jet City Woman, and i wanna get operation:mindcrime first cuz i got the title song on my computer and it rocks and i've heard that's about their best album. i'll definitely check out some stuff from that other one though.

QUOTE (daveyt @ Aug 1 2005, 07:08 PM)
personally i think QUEENSRYCHE'S RAGE FOR ORDER is f***ing awesome. do yourself a favor FF and look into that one. not a bad song on it and it was just before everyone jumped on the QR bandwagon. in other words it was their first peak after all the MAIDEN fans discovered them in like 1983.

I'll second this by saying QUEENSRYCHE IS EFFING AWESOME!

Mindcrime rules,

Rage rules,

Empire rules,

The Warning rules,

Promised Land rules,

even "Queen of the Ryche" rules.

Long live Queensryche.

Well at the moment im after these CD's:

Foxtrot - Genesis

Demon Days - Gorillaz

A Crow Left Of the Murder - Incubus

Pulse - Pink Floyd

Different Stages - 2.gif

There's probably many many more...but I just dont have that kind of money!!

The Warning by Queensryche is a pretty kick-ass album. Promised Land... not so much...

Anyways, Power Windows is next on my list.

Edited to say Opiate by Tool is also next on my list (whichever one I can find first at a good price...), and that both De-loused (Comatorium is the last word heh) and Frances are both excellent albums.

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Aug 2 2005, 02:35 PM)
The Warning by Queensryche is a pretty kick-ass album. Promised Land... not so much...

Promised Land does kick ass . . . not as much ass as Warning, Mindcrime, Rage or Empire, but it kicks nonetheless.

Their last good album. It took a few listens to get into, but when it rocks it rolls.

I did a cd shopping thing last week, but as always, I have an insatiable appetite for new music. There are a few things I am eyeing right now, and may pick them up sooner then later.

Arcade Fire - Funeral

- The More tracks I hear from this album, the more and more I am really getting into this band. I have put off buying this album for a number of months now, but seeing as how I am going to be seeing them in October, and hopefully September as well if I can manage to find a ticket to the Warfield, I really should pick this up.

The Lovemakers - Times of Romance (Aug. 23rd)

- This San Francisco area based band has been described as "a pink Ferrari driving through a mountain of coke." They have thier own blend of dancable alternative that I am really finding myself turned on to right now. A couple very energetic live shows have also made me a little biased towards these guys, and after seeing what I saw on stage, I know I wont be disappointed wtih the new cd.

VHS or Beta - Night on Fire

- Kinda bummed that I missed these guys in San Fran last June, but I had more pressing things to attend to in LA at the time, so I was unable to attend. But from the few tracks I've listened to, I think I would really enjoy these guys. Very danceable rock, nothing really envelope pushing or new, but I like it. Maybe its a phase I'm in, but I'm liking music I can go to a show and dance to more and more.

New Order -

- Not sure yet which album I want to get by these guys, but I am leaning towards either Power, Corruption & Lies, or Low Life. I was very impressed with the Joy Division album I bought last week, and have been on an 80's kick for quite a bit. I know either decision I will enjoy.

Interpol - Antics

- I'm a little late getting into this band, but it seems like every song I hear by them, I am finding myself like them more and more. They have a darker sound in the same vein as Joy Division, and I havent heard 1 bad song from them yet. Its just too bad I havent been getting into this kind of music until recently, a year ago, they would have been a real treat to see live in a small setting.

Depeche Mode - 101

- This is the live album they put out after Music for the Masses, and covers quite a bit of material from the earlier part of thier career. So what do you do if you already have a number of albums of any band, yet you still want more.. go for live biggrin.gif. Plus it will give me a little insight on a few albums I dont yet have, so I can have an idea where to go next with them.

There are some other bands who I havent yet been sold on, but am keeping my eye on, such as 22-20's, The Raveonettes, The Changes, Tegan & Sara, The Dead 60's, and if I find myself liking them more, I may pick up a cd. I also am going to be going to a number of shows in the future, going to see bands like Queens of the Stone Age, The Bravery, Maximo Park, Morningwood, Shiny Toy Guns, She Wants Revenge and if they impress me enough, I might be inclined to buy a cd. I dont know about you guys, but a band live can make or break me on them. They could have a pretty poor sounding studio attempt, but if they can pull off a great live show, I will pick up the cd. Not the other way though, a band can sound stellar in a recording booth, but if they cant pull it off on stage, they arent worth my time.

I also will probably end up picking up another David Bowie album or some other album of the past that I shouldnt have passed over all these years. But the ones listed above are the ones I have at the top of my wanted list.

Edit : Oh, and at least one piece of classical music is always made with any cd purchase as a rule. As to what I get, I usually decide right there at the store.

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Aug 3 2005, 02:36 AM)
Arcade Fire - Funeral

Go for this one. Really really good.

After seeing the great man last monday night it's time to get off my behind and try and complete my John Martyn collection, I need to get Sapphire, And, The Apprentice and some live ones. He's very prolific. and a GENIUS. A word I use sparingly.

Vivian Campbell- Two Sides Of It.

His first solo relese, its gonna be a good blues album too.

I haven't bought anything new in a long time (that wasn't Rush or Marillion)..

But if I had to get something it would be Green Day - American Idiot

Or maybe System of A Down's newest.

Archived